PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 01 January 2020

briansy

De Gea was looking really ropey yet again. He's living off last glories these days.

DRM

Raiola was right, Man Utd are shite.
Every man and his dog knows we're shite. More worryingly, we're a club without a plan or strategy to get us back to the top. Many more dark days lay ahead

spiriticon

Wicked penalty conversion there by Fred in the last seconds. Jonny Wilko eat yer heart out.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Shaw has to go. A complete man child of a player. Zero ability. Zero passion. Zero footballing IQ. A coward. Send him packing to a Championship team.

ash_86

Bad first half better second half . This season is going to be like that up and down.

Dinghy

Our fullbacks are from being good enough going forward, our keeper is giving away chances and goals for fun and our number 10 hasn't made a single goal-contribution in the league in a year. Feck off

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Surprised that we didn’t press them hard like we typically do against top teams. Looked like we were overconfident or stayed up too long partying. Regardless, inexcusable performance and we are definitely much more better than what we showed today.

Shiva87

A really sad watch that. I don't think we have a plan, and even if we do, don't know how to execute it.

I love Ole, but it's started to look like he has no clue of what is happening. 1 step forward 2 steps back as always!

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
The professional standards of this team are truly embarrassing.

The depths that this playing group have plummeted to, trotting out these unacceptable performances and there being zero consequences at all. There is individual drive and passion from about 4 people at random times through a match and far to many players accepting no responsibility for the complete and utter shambles this team are on the pitch. Blame Ole, blame the board, blame the players, blame whoever.

If I was playing for this club I'd terminate my own contract and go into construction instead. If this squad were a team of bricklayers they would build half a house, one wall would fall in and they would all walk off the job onto the next site going "ah not our fault, the guys we replaced built houses flawlessly! It's all good! They were great!".

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
You're really disrespecting O'Shea
I'm sorry you're right, Sheasy was a different league. I wanted to compare him to Buttner quite frankly but I think he was too much better at attacking that it wouldn't have been fair...:nervous:

And while I'm in this mood, how on God's green Earth is Lingard still a registered Premier League player.

BarstoolProphet

New year, same old (new?) United. 1/10 from both Lingard and Shaw. Surely Rashford was injured? Didnt even want to take the freekick at the end. Fred our MotM, but only at 6/10.

DavidDeSchmikes

One of the worst 45 mins of the season that first half, Pererira and Williams should be starting over Lingard and Shaw. Annoying especially when you consider Tottenham and Chelsea both dropped points. Kolsanic booked after 3 minutes, we should have been attacking him and putting pressure on him.
Lack of urgency, low energy, laboured, slow, missed McTominay and Pogba, we looked tired. Worryingly poor.

buckooo1978

options for the game weren't great but strangely Fred and to a lesser degree Matic were effective enough

we were awful in defence - Maguire and Shaw shite and Lindelof no presence as usual

and we were really awful up front - Rashford's worst game in my memory

another year of bollocks ahead

Matt007a

Our lack of midfield quality and bite costs us again. You beat Arsenal by bullying their soft centre and stopping their creative players from playing. Only Man City can actually out pass them really.

If we had 2 of Herrera, Fellaini or McTominay playing today I think we’d have won. Instead we’ve got Matic who is too slow to get to the man on the ball and Lingard who doesn’t have an ounce of aggression (or quality) in his game.

Fred tried to his credit but was totally overrun due to the lack of backup and support in harassing Arsenal players and getting stuck in.

Once they got the 2nd goal and made it to HT they knew full well if they just sat back we’d create nothing and so it proved again.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
We can't play with both AWB and Shaw as fullbacks together. It's beyond stale, we need at least threat coming from 1 fullback. Since AWB is a better defender and young Williams is actually good going forward, Shaw has to be dropped.

El Zoido

Ole got his team selection massively wrong.

Williams must always play ahead of Shaw
Lingard should never play for us again

We lack quality in many areas. I’d have started Greenwood ahead of James, because we already know this Arsenal play high intensity high press and fatigue in the last 20 minutes, meaning James’ pace would be a greater asset against a tiring defence.

Zonal marking is garbage and we need to ditch it immediately. It’s infuriating to never be able to build momentum.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Shaw, Lingard, should have their contracts terminated.

I find Ole extremely annoying to look at these days. He just sits there looking dim as feck.

One step forward, two steps back. We will never be a top club again with there fecking charlatans at the club. Glazers, Woodward, Judge, Ole. All of them need to feck off and never be seen again.

Fred is a good player though.

rpitchfo

I just wasn’t expecting it to be that bad. I thought we might lose, but I thought with the momentum we building we could land a few punches. Beyond awful

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
We are a joke of a football club.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A really dire two hours. Could barely lay a glove on Arsenal. Counterattack just never got going. I did predict this though sadly. Had us down to lose 1-0 saw us giving away a soft goal and then just being unable to get going against a side who are in midtable and are just focussing on being solid, rather than feeling fully confident in attack.

Frustratingly I predicted the XI too and only managed to name two subs who I thought Ole would want to bring on chasing a goal. We just don’t have the depth in attack, options are so poor.

Against Watford we beat ourselves through errors and shite finishing, but tonight we simply were outplayed and managed out of the match. That’s incredibly depressing when you think how shit Arsenal have been.

Somehow we have kind of got away with it though. Chelsea, Spurs and Wolves only picked up a single point between them in games they were odds on to win. I didn’t see us winning today, but certainly saw us losing more ground than that.

Manny

Grammar Police
So bad. Lingard hid all game, and front three offered nothing.

fps

Shaw literally can't run. It's sad but he's not fit enough to be a PL footballer and doesn't look like he will be.
We know our 10 options are no good.
McTominay and Pogba out = terrible midfield options, with only Fred even a good squad option standard.

mav_9me

Shaw and Lingard were abysmal. If Ole continues with either he deserves everything he gets.

Hoof the ball

Made Arsenal look good. Even in the second half when they were terrible we didn't lay a scratch on them. Truly pathetic performance.
It's been firmly and thoroughly established since time immemorial that as soon as a team drops back behind the ball we lose all effectiveness.

Players such as Rashford, flourishing in counter-attacking environments, immediately look hapless when finding themselves against a deep shape that won't allow for wide space to run into.

It's my belief that Martial is the only forward currently in the first team who can be effective against deep sides. At least he can dribble in small spaces and force the issue. Both James and Rashford are entirely dependent on the space allowed to them.

Johnson Yip

We started and played with 10 men for over an hour, so trailing by 2 goals was hardly a surprise. Shaw further proved why he is our third choice left back now, and Lindelof was his usual self by assisting two goals for Arsenal.

What a nice start for the decade!

Heinzesight

We just love to reignite a teams season don’t we.

Shit the bed at a bit of pressing.

I think the whole forum is in agreement with Shaw (and Lingard who surely can’t start for us ever again) but Rashford was totally anonymous too. Martial looked a slapped arse and we were just shaky in all areas.

Not running at Kolasinac when he was on a yellow from the first minute was just mind boggling.

Also, never realised what a diving, feigning injury prick Lacazette was.

SirMattlives

Yes, we were terrible this game. Best not to chew on it now but take a more balanced view tomorrow. Don't really want to hear excuses from Ole or the players, this is a lousy start to the new year. Onward.

Devil81

An absolute shambles and if no investment is made this January it's a wasted window as this bunch of misfits are useless.

Fussmeister

Team got unbalanced with both matic and fred on the field. Both of them was down with Lindelöf and Maguire at the same time. Took ages for the ball to love forward and that made defense easy for arsenal.

predator

Youth NITK
Shit game of football. Arsenal were shit and we were somehow even shitter. To think that is top level professional football is astonishing. Simple things like passing to feet, shooting on target were like moments of glory.

always_hoping

Was like watching too bald men fighting over a comb. Arsenal another mediocre team that won against United this season without needing to play well. The goals given away was criminal defending. The very basis of this sport is to make yourself hard to score against.

This group of United players lack the quality and leadership that is required to finish 4th.

Gasolin

Ole got his team selection massively wrong.

Williams must always play ahead of Shaw
Lingard should never play for us again

We lack quality in many areas. I’d have started Greenwood ahead of James, because we already know this Arsenal play high intensity high press and fatigue in the last 20 minutes, meaning James’ pace would be a greater asset against a tiring defence.

Zonal marking is garbage and we need to ditch it immediately. It’s infuriating to never be able to build momentum.
Zonal marking is not garbage, it's not the problem. The problem is the execution of some of the players.

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 357 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 16% Arsenal 1:3 Man Utd