PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 April 2022

Hackman2210

Throw the feckin towel in now - season is a shambles. Rangnick looks like he couldn’t give a flying feck either. Club is a disaster. Set fire to it all and start again from scratch. Worst ever season since fergie left.

cj_sparky

A game we shouldn't have lost, created enough but didn't take our chances.

Arsenal aren't very good tbh, but they have more character than our players.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Actually we didn't play so bad today but we were let down by a few individual players.

zaafi

We genuinely need an entire new squad. Not four or five players, but a whole new team. Only players I want in this team for next season are Ronaldo, Sancho and Fred (mostly due to his elite mentality and attitude than his ability). The rest are insufferable and perhaps good enough for Everton and Brentford. Some of them are genuinely Championship level. It's absurd that this is our team after having spent so much on transfers.

And as for Bruno Fernandes, I know some of you will defend him forever because he is the only one that can actually create something apart from Ronaldo and Sancho, but he really isn't that good. Martin Ødegaard in our team would be so much better and would fit the team. Yes, Fernandes has created most chances, but it's almost inevitable when every player in our team are on a mission to give him the ball because they only trust him to create chances. Absolutely laughable that some compared Bruno to De Bruyne. He's on a different level than Bruno. But it doesn't matter because he's just signed a new contract and he's going to play every game next season, so let's just hope he sorts his shit out and Ten Hag can make him change his game to avoid stupid mispasses and terrible decision making.

always_hoping

First time since the early 80s to lose 4 top flight away games in a row and let's not forget United was unbeaten away all of last season.

Could and should have at least drawn that game, no one to blame but themselves for not doing that. First two goals total gifts to Arsenal. At 2-1 more than enough opportunities including a missed penalty to level it and then Arsenal score a 3rd against the run of play.

Objective one for Erik, clear out the dead wood and egos, replace them with competence players. Have a team that at least makes the opposition work hard to score against you and take it from there.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Actually we didn't play so bad today but we were let down by a few individual players.
......................and i add by the referee and by VAR too as usual.
But we'll be back and our time will come again

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Thought we played okay.

Bruno completely out of form, shouldn't have taken the pen and shouldn't have started.

Telles is useless. Sell him.

Al-T

I've run out of words to adequately express the utter despair of watching this United side.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm not worried we'll be in Europa Conference because I'm pretty confident we are going to lose all our remaining games. We are pathetic from top to bottom.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’d long given up on this season & can genuinely say multiple poor results had washed over me but I simply can not stand that football club. I’m enraged we’ve lost to that lot, they were crap.

I’m more angry than against the Top2 genuinely because Arsenal are shite & we’re there trading blows with them. I am sick to the stomach today.

AndySmith1990

Moyes finished 7th with the reigning champions. This team would have to finish outside the top 10 for it to be worse.
Moyes finished 7th with an ageing team that was on the decline and had hardly had any investment in years. This season has been far worse than that

Loon

:lol:
We actually should have won today, but heads go once things turn. It’s seemingly a long time until the end of the season, and who knows what pain we’ll endure from other parties throughout the summer? But look forward to the Red Wedding on July 1st.

Have at it Hag.

Golden Nugget

It sucks. Really felt we were doing well second half.

Started horribly. Should have had a penalty for the handball and possibly their guy grabbing Elanga. Hit the bar from Dalot. They got a penalty instead and we’re two down. Grab one back and play well second half.

Missed a penalty; good save from Ramsdale from Dalot and Ronaldo being offside where I really couldn’t know how they could be sure on. They score from nowhere and we’re shit for the rest of the match.

At least in periods, we were much better than we have been. The defeat is hard to take

Moriarty

I'm not worried we'll be in Europa Conference because I'm pretty confident we are going to lose all our remaining games. We are pathetic from top to bottom.
The chavs will beat us. Brighton and Palace away won't be easy and Brentford will be like a cup tie. As I said, I'd rather let ETH have a season with just the domestic competitions to concentrate on.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Here you go Arsenal, have top four on a fecking plate.

The mentality after the missed penalty was a fecking disgrace. We were looking good and then the slightest bit of adversity and we fall apart. Arsenal weren’t even any good.

Bruno shite.
This right here is why I constantly say that not one person in this squad deserves another chance under Ten Hag, we've known for years that these players buckle under any sort of pressure, it's why we constantly struggle to get top 4 when we're in a battle.

If a miracle happens and we end up coasting to a CL semi final in the next few years (we won't with this squad) and we go a goal down, we can all pretty much guarantee these players haven't got the spine to fight back.

If these players were horses they'd have caught one between the eyes a long time ago.

Let's imagine if the FA announced that Chelsea were to be kicked out of the top four, and there would be a challenge set for the teams just outside the top 4 (United, Spurs and West Ham) - whoever could beat Norwich with the highest margin would get the spot, you know for a fact we'd be the only team who'd lose.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The chavs will beat us. Brighton and Palace away won't be easy and Brentford will be like a cup tie. As I said, I'd rather let ETH have a season with just the domestic competitions to concentrate on.
We are losing all them games honestly. Might put money on it.

Red_toad

My hatred of VAR grows, it's all over the place. Oh for the day of instant decisions, at least then you know the thing that got missed haven't been reviewed and missed again.
We cannot defend, regardless of who plays. Both central defenders were all over the place and full of errors.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The only positive was that today wasn't just a total shitfest like Anfield. There were a couple of good spells which led to good chances, and just a whole lot of bad luck too.

Hit the post, hit the bar, disallowed goal for being a toes-length offside, missed penalty, another clear penalty not given, soft penalty given against us, equally soft penalty not given for us, offside player blocking De Gea's sight of the ball for their 3rd goal.

Still shit, just a little bit less shit than Tuesday.

Thankfully there's only 4 more of this to go.

Walters_19_MuFc

We've been poor for large spells this season, but today, although still poor as a unit, we were very unlucky to come away with a loss.

I honestly believe if we score from the penalty and make it 2-2, we go onto win the game. You heard how nervous the crowd were and it transmitted onto the pitch. Such fine margins, but it wasn't meant to be.

Roll on next season!

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
It’s come to a point where losing feels like the norm and frankly it hurts a lot less when one accepts that we’re not an elite team …

Withnail

Moyes finished 7th with an ageing team that was on the decline and had hardly had any investment in years. This season has been far worse than that
They were the reigning champions and they finished 7th. This mess of squad were in a fight for top 4 at best and are probably going to finish around 7th so I can't agree with that.

Walters_19_MuFc

The only positive was that today wasn't just a total shitfest like Anfield. There were a couple of good spells which led to good chances, and just a whole lot of bad luck too.

Hit the post, hit the bar, disallowed goal for being a toes-length offside, missed penalty, another clear penalty not given, soft penalty given against us, equally soft penalty not given for us, offside player blocking De Gea's sight of the ball for their 3rd goal.

Still shit, just a little bit less shit than Tuesday.

Thankfully there's only 4 more of this to go.
That's more than a couple. No way we should have lost that game today, but hey, that's football.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
At the very least we've done our bit to keep Arteta in the job longer, he and Arsenal are a truly dreadful side. We're just worse.

sparx99

Moyes finished 7th with the reigning champions. This team would have to finish outside the top 10 for it to be worse.
I think a few of us have thankfully forgotten how bad it’s been at times.

At least we are entertaining in how bad we’ve gotten. Under LVG I was just bored to death.

Thiagoal

How anyone self respecting Utd fan thinks that ANY of our defenders at the club are PL level, is beyond me. That's 8 defenders for
a start we need to get rid of!

The rest...well the season was over on 15th March, this is just purgatory having to endure till 22nd of May.
I mean- on the evidence of the last few weeks yeah. But we have very expensive international players. Champions league Varane. There’s much more to this than just individual players

Scriblerus

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision
I'll just park that there. Anyone got a clip of De Gea trying to peer round Nketiah to go with it?

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
First time since the early 80s to lose 4 top flight away games in a row and let's not forget United was unbeaten away all of last season.

Could and should have at least drawn that game, no one to blame but themselves for not doing that. First two goals total gifts to Arsenal. At 2-1 more than enough opportunities including a missed penalty to level it and then Arsenal score a 3rd against the run of play.

Objective one for Erik, clear out the dead wood and egos, replace them with competence players. Have a team that at least makes the opposition work hard to score against you and take it from there.
Ah Jesus! Stop quoting the absolutely meaningless stat that we remained unbeaten away from home in empty stadiums .
Todays result is no surprise.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We might not even qualify for the Europa conference league the way things are going
That would not be a bad thing. All it is about with Europe is the money, if we don't get CL, then it is naff all money. Just get the new manager in, gut this squad and let him build his team without dragging them all over the arse end of nowhere on a Thursday.

Heinzesight

This right here is why I constantly say that not one person in this squad deserves another chance under Ten Hag, we've known for years that these players buckle under any sort of pressure, it's why we constantly struggle to get top 4 when we're in a battle.

If a miracle happens and we end up coasting to a CL semi final in the next few years (we won't with this squad) and we go a goal down, we can all pretty much guarantee these players haven't got the spine to fight back.

If these players were horses they'd have caught one between the eyes a long time ago.

Let's imagine if the FA announced that Chelsea were to be kicked out of the top four, and there would be a challenge set for the teams just outside the top 4 (United, Spurs and West Ham) - whoever could beat Norwich with the highest margin would get the spot, you know for a fact we'd be the only team who'd lose.
The players mentality is my main concern for Ten Hag. I don’t doubt his credentials but most of the team need labotomies

RomfordRed75

Season is finally done. No need to play any of the f@ckers who are leaving or want out. I'd be over the moon to never see Dalot, Telles, Matic, Rashford, Lingard, Mata in the shirt again. Even Bruno is starting to turn fans against him with these weekly inept performances.
Time to give the kids a run out, starting on Thursday.

LoneStar

Okay. I am officially done with this season. Literally nothing comes out of watching this shower of shit every week. Will use those two hours to go out or play something I like. Far better use of time and mental energy.

Even under the worst form under Jose or Ole, there was still some hope that we might score and go on to draw or win. But over the last couple of months, there is no hope. We have lost the game the moment we concede a goal.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 196 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 11% Arsenal 2:1 Man Utd