PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 April 2022

90 + 5min

Usually there should be talk about players but can’t get performance of VAR and ref out of my mind. Shocking

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Have to say that at times we were pretty good today and never in a million years did we deserve to lose... arsenal celebrating was vomit inducing considering that still have west ham and spurs to play.

Some of our passing and passion was way better today than in recent weeks. Rio quite right in saying third goal should have been ruled out... Walton trying to say Lindelof was also in DDG's line of sight: what nonsense. it's irrelevant where a United player is; the arsenal player is behind Lindelof

Ronaldo shows why we must keep him next season but we need almost a totally new defence and a top holding midfielder (pay West Ham what they want for Rice or find someone in Europe).

If we had a top No.9 we'd have won. Centre forwards of old (RvP. RvN, Rooney) would have bagged at least two.

Yes our heads dropped when the third went in but before that, and if the penalty had gone in, I'm pretty sure we would not have lost and very possibly would have won.

I'm pissed off that we lost but less so than in previous weeks and more today with luck and the appalling officials than with the players for once

Heinzesight

At the very least we've done our bit to keep Arteta in the job longer, he and Arsenal are a truly dreadful side. We're just worse.
The one positive. If us and Spurs buck our ideas up next season the Arsenal fans who all wanted him sacked will be calling for his head again. We’ve been utter, utter shite, in turmoil, a shambles and yet not that far way points wise. The media love in for Arteta is bonkers, they’ll all be crawling out of his arse soon enough.

superdry

touched by a genius
Wrong thing after wrong thing after wrong thing happening in a game we should have won, but you make your own luck.

choccy77

Jesse Lingard saying squad is a disaster is hilarious..... he's one of those who shouldn't be there.

90 + 5min

Would it have made a difference? We got a pen and missed it... So even if we got a pen in the first half...
Maybe, Maybe not. But as a player to know that ref and VAR will be against you is though. Our confidence is all time low. We don’t need ref to give other team 90 % av decisions.

OrcaFat

Good god. What a mess. The shocking thing is that most of these players, despite being limited, did a decent job last year. Even if you allow for luck and injuries to opposition players and covid, the drop off in performance is just unbelievable.

Until a couple of months ago, I still thought a good CM would get the others moving back towards form. But now I think it would best if nearly all of them were cut loose and to hell with the consequences.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
That was one of the worse arsenal sides we've played
+1 Worse than us being shit was the realization of just how shit they were and still we got beaten badly.

El Zoido

Us an Arsenal are about as good as each other. Ref and VAR shit on us today (Bruno got lucky, but had no effect on the result), but we’re not good enough to overcome it anymore. We need all the help we can get. We weren’t getting top four regardless of today, it’s sad not to care but I’m done with this season.

Robindinho

Season done now, so no reason to not play some of the kids. That's only way I'm watching the last few games.

Absolutely no reason now to keep playing the likes of Matic/Lingard/Mata over Hannibal/Garnacho.

Memento28

Where do we have to finish to miss European football? 8th? Need to lose the next 4 to make sure.
If this team had 8 matches they would lose all of them not just 4, can't wait for Erik Ten Hag to come and get rid of the all players who are getting carried by Ronaldo and other good players (I don't see many good players tbh). Just demolish this rubbish group of individual stars and build an actual team which plays football.

NewGlory

People saying ‘play the kids’…we we did today as we sure do appear to have the mentality of children.
Touche.

Now instead of playing grownups who act like kids, let's try to play kids who will act like grownups.

The opposite

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The players mentality is my main concern for Ten Hag. I don’t doubt his credentials but most of the team need labotomies
Yup, I have the same concerns.

I also loved the impact Bruno had when he joined, but this new contract was beyond stupid which leads me to believe things will not change for a very, very long time.

NewGlory

Jesse Lingard saying squad is a disaster is hilarious..... he's one of those who shouldn't be there.
Well, I don't know, anymore. Jesse was a joke and then he was playing really well on loan, now he is back and everybody is shit again. Maybe it's not just Jesse... He is no better than anybody else, though, I agree

NewGlory

The players mentality is my main concern for Ten Hag. I don’t doubt his credentials but most of the team need labotomies
Well he will give the ones that will stay an unmistakable kick up the ass. Said so in his first interview—either players do what he says or they are gone. No more excuses Ole-style and RR playing Maguire and Rashford for many games when they were clearly shit.

I am very concerned about defense, however. Maguire is not good enough, clearly, but the way Varane, Dalot, and Telles played today - do we need to buy 6 defenders at least (assuming Shaw and Lindelof are good enough at least as subs)? Is ANYBODY any good?

Pjisared

What games does RR keep watching, Rashford has been absolute dire all season yet he keeps on giving him yet another chance. Get shut, not good enough, gone backwards and sad to say, a crap attitude. A poor Danny Welbeck copy.

Blood Mage

Yes decisions went against us but that's no excuse for yet another pathetic display. We are a tragic, tragic team at the moment.

Giving Bruno a contract extension is looking like another scandalous decision by our outstanding decision makers upstairs.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes decisions went against us but that's no excuse for yet another pathetic display. We are a tragic, tragic team at the moment.

Giving Bruno a contract extension is looking like another scandalous decision by our outstanding decision makers upstairs.
It was on this seasons performances. Very odd.

Bobski

Shafted by decisions but I have no trust they would not have found a way to lose the game anyway. Disgusting lack of character in this squad.

Played quite well at times.

croadyman

Better performance but monumental mistake not having Ronny take the penalty

Irrational.

I actually saw a brief glimpse of optimism in that game. Our attacking play was very good at times. With a different ref we get a couple more penalties and on a different day the shots that hit the post/ bar go in.

Arse are flattering to deceive under Lego Pep and once again have managed to eek out an undeserved result. Their luck will catch up with them sooner or later.

ETH has a lot to sink his teeth into, and it can only get better. With better coaching we won’t be conceding as much, and I’m sure we’ll be more clinical in front of goal.

We went into the season with Ole at the wheel, and it was destined to be disastrous. With a better footballing structure and a coach that actually knows what he’s doing rather than basing his entire coaching philosophy on nostalgia and good vibes, and getting rid of the toxicity of PP/ JL and other riffraff; getting some sensible signings in I feel this time next year we’ll be looking a lot more solid with optimism for the future.

LawmanMan

Moyes finished 7th with the reigning champions. This team would have to finish outside the top 10 for it to be worse.
Also had a semi final and a strong run in the Champions League. Moyes carried the can for deep-rooted problems and still somehow gets made a scapegoat by some for a downfall that was years in the making.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 196 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 11% Arsenal 2:1 Man Utd