PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 April 2022

always_hoping

Ah Jesus! Stop quoting the absolutely meaningless stat that we remained unbeaten away from home in empty stadiums .
Todays result is no surprise.
It was unbeaten away from home with this flaky group of players, fans or no fans in attendance. I do agree however the result was no surprise but once again United more or less beat themselves.

OrcaFat

Well he will give the ones that will stay an unmistakable kick up the ass. Said so in his first interview—either players do what he says or they are gone. No more excuses Ole-style and RR playing Maguire and Rashford for many games when they were clearly shit.

I am very concerned about defense, however. Maguire is not good enough, clearly, but the way Varane, Dalot, and Telles played today - do we need to buy 6 defenders at least (assuming Shaw and Lindelof are good enough at least as subs)? Is ANYBODY any good?
I would keep Shaw, AWB, Varane and Maguire in the squad as they are all good enough when playing to their potential and I think they can meet ETH standards for attitude. Even so, a whole new back four is needed to play ahead of those guys.

Two top CMs are required. A top striker and at least one versatile attacker are also needed. Hell, if ETH wants to start from scratch I will be more than happy at this point.

Tyrion

I actually don't care that we haven't qualified for top 4. It's been widely reported that a lot of our players will have to take a pay cut because of clauses in their contracts and that could help to get them to fcuk off. That's better for us than getting top 4.

I hate this team that much. I actually want them to fail.

GledTheRed

Best team lost, robbed by the officiating.

I've never witnessed a game where one team gets so much bad luck.

Hope Spurs get top four, Arsenals players, management and fans are absolute cnuts.

LawmanMan

He has no sense of irony has he???
Jesse cost the club nothing. He probably has a better insight into why is going on than we do.

Everyone thinks ETH will wave a magic wand and make everything OK. Where I’ve I heard that before?

croadyman

Even for the most optimistic in our fanbase, today is finally game, set and match

Jev

It's actually very plausible now that we could end the season with a negative goal difference.

Smithy89

Take away Ronaldo, i can't stand any of them, borderline hate every single one of them charlatans.

Denis79

The best way the club can back the new manager now: is to let him get rid of any players he wants, at whatever cost. No more protecting assets with long expensive contracts.

mu4c_20le

The best way the club can back the new manager now: is to let him get rid of any players he wants, at whatever cost. No more protecting assets with long expensive contracts.
Replacing our social media stars with young hungry unknowns won't be profitable though

karkas

For those who crying for penalty, now a player of City did the same thing and its not a penalty. Itts natutal position of the hand during falling. Stop crying for craps

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Best team lost, robbed by the officiating.

I've never witnessed a game where one team gets so much bad luck.

Hope Spurs get top four, Arsenals players, management and fans are absolute cnuts.
Yeah, I think that’s fair. Don’t get me wrong. We were pretty shit. We are pretty shit. We were robbed today though. Absolutely diabolical officiating. Arsenal were unbelievably lucky to not lose, never mind win 3-1.

GledTheRed

Yeah, I think that’s fair. Don’t get me wrong. We were pretty shit. We are pretty shit. We were robbed today though. Absolutely diabolical officiating. Arsenal were unbelievably lucky to not lose, never mind win 3-1.
We were pretty decent in comparison to lately.

Smithy89

Who is going into training and the dressing room after games like today and launching everyone? Players are a joke, not fit for a league 2 shirt.

Ollie Derbyshire

If this team had 8 matches they would lose all of them not just 4, can't wait for Erik Ten Hag to come and get rid of the all players who are getting carried by Ronaldo and other good players (I don't see many good players tbh). Just demolish this rubbish group of individual stars and build an actual team which plays football.
Yep, would happily take a well drilled functional team who give everything they have over this lot.

croadyman

Performance wasn't that bad TBF. At least going forward. Defensively though, big yikes. Telles isn't a premier league level footballer. Bruno was horrific again too.

On the plus side, I thought Ronaldo was excellent and Sancho was class throughout and looked untouchable at times out there.
Defensive shambles whoever plays

Smithy89

But that person is not Lingard - he's a part of the dressing room.
Who then? these bunch of absolute charlatans don't deserve protecting. If it takes a player to let the cat out the bag, then that's what it needs.

croadyman

It’s always darkest before the dawn.

Things needed to crumble big time to show some thruths that are difficult to accept.

We need 10 new players and at least 10 need to feck off.

Ten Hag will get the chance to build from scratch, this is good.

The only players we should keep are DDG, Varane, Sancho, Ronaldo, Maguire, Shaw, Fred and Bruno (barely qualifies atm).

Everybody else should be replaced.
Shaw & Maguire are you kidding me, oh yeah and need a keeper with better distribution

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Really tells a story when you are there live and can see everything off the camera.

The energy was only there when the players fancied it. We were most dangerous when we pressed, but chose to pick our moments.

If we were persistent, Arsenal were really there for the taking. Elneny and Xhaka in the middle, as well as Tavares on the side as a ball out from Ramsdale was seriously there for the taking. Really disappointing

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal were so so bad. How did we lose?

Oh yeah. VAR.

Feck VAR.
This one must really hurt for you in particular. You lost because you scored 1, we scored 3.

I didn't see the game, as I was at a golf comp, but it sounds like we put in a very bad performance, but still won. Things went our way. Long may it continue.

Last edited:

Smithy89

It’s always darkest before the dawn.

Things needed to crumble big time to show some thruths that are difficult to accept.

We need 10 new players and at least 10 need to feck off.

Ten Hag will get the chance to build from scratch, this is good.

The only players we should keep are DDG, Varane, Sancho, Ronaldo, Maguire, Shaw, Fred and Bruno (barely qualifies atm).

Everybody else should be replaced.

Man said keep Maguire and Shaw :lol:

Hughie77

Imo, we were the better side and especially the 2nd half. There pen was debatable at best, UTD should have had 2 nailed on pens maybe 3, only 1 given?? I'm still scratching my head why the 1st hand ball wasn't given, VAR looked at it for 2 secs, he moves his hand to the ball. Hit the bar hit the post, missed pen, then I new they'd get a 3rd, thats how it was going, DDG unsighted by a off side player that wasn't even looked at.

Arteta what a cock for there pen, could you imagine if Jose, LVG, or even Ole doing that they would have had a card!
It was one of those days it's been one of those seasons, I saw today some more urgency more desire to play , some of those today and last few games are playing to stay. Can't wait for pre seaso myself to get going again with clean slate..

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Dumb and dumber. They should know better. Why did Scholes ask him about it anyway, he knows Lingard will leave.
Scholes hates Rangnick with a passion for some reason. He's been sticking the knife in about him from the beginning.

Hester_manc

We have scored 6 more goals than Burnley this season. There is something fundamentally wrong with the club. It's not about the level of a defender like Maguire. He is only 1 man and he has been largely exposed to some of the bigger issues the team has. There has been a lack of faith in things since last autumn and it went completely wrong where we lost big to Liverpool and Watford. When Solskjær was sacked, we got Rangnick. There was a brief resurgence in which the players tried to show the new manager something. But it passed quickly, and the crisis of the fall was greater than many thought.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 196 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 11% Arsenal 2:1 Man Utd