PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 April 2022

LawmanMan

So it's Fergie's fault?
Obviously (in part). He covered for the Glazers for years.

He thought Moyes could gradually overhaul things but certain senior pros made his spell a living hell. We backed them despite the fact they were at the end of their time anyway.

It was a mess all round. Had Gill stayed it would have been very different. Woodward is the biggest problem, but at least he is going now.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This one must really hurt for you in particular. You lost because you scored 1, we scored 3.

I didn't see the game, as I was at a golf comp, but it sounds like we put in a very bad performance, but still won. Things went our way. Long may it continue.
Congrats on understanding the football scoring system from your golf course.

Now watch the match. That way you’ll be able to discuss what actually happened.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Scholes hates Rangnick with a passion for some reason. He's been sticking the knife in about him from the beginning.
It is why I hope the club will not pay too much attentions to pundits, doesnt matter how big of a legend they are. Lets be honest they are employed by another corp and are not officially part of United anymore, it should end there really.

The club signed Ralf for consultancy role and ETH as manager whom he also recommended. Ralf has also started a clearing out process by blaming players and I doubt he did it without an instruction to do so. We have decided a plan, time to stick with it and ignore the noise. No doubt in my mind next season we will have Neville, Scholes and co. criticizing ETH or Ralf.

Esquire

Moyes finished 7th with the reigning champions. This team would have to finish outside the top 10 for it to be worse.
This is a debate resembling, what is worse, having your arm or leg cut off. It’s horrid either way.

LawmanMan

Scholes hates Rangnick with a passion for some reason. He's been sticking the knife in about him from the beginning.
Because he is a corporate yes man just feathering his nest.

He will turn the club into a soulless identikit European side in terms of structure. A lot of people will be happy as long as we win a few pots though.

Football used to be about remarkable men like Sir Matt, Fergie and Shankly. Now it is evolving into technocracy.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

He will turn the club into a soulless identikit European side in terms of structure. A lot of people will be happy as long as we win a few pots though.
What? :lol:

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Congrats on understanding the football scoring system from your golf course.

Now watch the match. That way you’ll be able to discuss what actually happened.
Straight facts, 3 goals vs 1. I hope you find something nice about the rest of your weekend, as this must be the fixture you hate to lose.

sancho1983

Not sure what it says about the strength of the league when us and arsenal have been in the hunt for top 4. Our players having chucked it. Roll on next season

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It is why I hope the club will not pay too much attentions to pundits, doesnt matter how big of a legend they are. Lets be honest they are employed by another corp and are not officially part of United anymore, it should end there really.

The club signed Ralf for consultancy role and ETH as manager whom he also recommended. Ralf has also started a clearing out process by blaming players and I doubt he did it without an instruction to do so. We have decided a plan, time to stick with it and ignore the noise. No doubt in my mind next season we will have Neville, Scholes and co. criticizing ETH or Ralf.
Yeah with us not going for Poch, hopefully that's the start of us moving away from them. For sure they cause never ending toxicity around the club with their weekly public opinions.

It definitely does seem that way unfortunately.

Last edited:

Ole'sattheWheel

If it was the other way around there'd be a huge media storm that we were lucky VAR merchants scraping by. Thought we played pretty well. Showed some fight at least.
Could've gone either way tbh but shit result

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Straight facts, 3 goals vs 1. I hope you find something nice about the rest of your weekend, as this must be the fixture you hate to lose.
I’ll get over this a lot quicker than I usually would, that’s for sure. Keeps Arteta in his job and our season was screwed regardless. Once my irritation at the shitty officiating wears off (probably overnight) I’ll be absolutely fine. Thanks for your concern.

Real Name

Football used to be about remarkable men like Sir Matt, Fergie and Shankly. Now it is evolving into technocracy.
What the hell?

Godfather

Our fb and midfield situation is laughably bad. Adding to that we only have one half decent winger and no striker in the summer.

Deanor44

Just to put into perspective how much these guys have downed tools, In two seasons they have gone from going unbeaten away from home to having the worse utd away record on 40 odd years.... if that is not a sign that the dressing room is rotten..... What is??

arthurka

This have was weird, we are well and truly cursed. This ref and VAR would fit right in at this club.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Meaningless? We have a lot of joyless feckers among our fanbase who deserve the current shite.
Because there's been plenty to celebrate?

We also have people like you who think they sit on the Supreme Court of the Top Reds and somehow want everyone to take an eyes wide-shut approach to our state as a football club. And then go on here and start dishing out sermons about the fans being at fault for the current shit show.

TheReligion

Abusive
Should have won today.

We may be a mile off Liverpool and City but even without a proper manager, coaching staff and changing personnel on and off the pitch we are still on the same level as Arsenal and Spurs. Both of whom are further along their transition than ourselves.

Catching Chelsea should be target next season and don’t think we’ll have much of an issue with top four.

Fitchett

We played some decent stuff today. Ronaldo was excellent, and both Elanga and Sancho put a good shift in. But, we were undone by some hopeless defending from our full backs, Fernandes' wastefulness as usual, and corrupt officiating again from Pawson and whoever was VAR.

It was a big improvement on the spineless showing at Anfield in midweek, but that's definitely the end of any faint top four hopes.

Moriarty

Catching Chelsea should be target next season and don’t think we’ll have much of an issue with top four.
Next season is the great unknown. A good number of the current squad will be gone and we don't know who ETH will retain, but RR will likely have his recommendations. It depends on how much money ETH is given to spend and if his targets are available and/or want to come. Personally, I'd love to see the Ajax system implemented here, or rather a return to the days when our academy turned out quality, first-team ready players. All that will take time and maybe, with a huge slice of luck and good management, we'll see an immediate improvement. On the other hand, it may be a painfully slow rebuild. There's much to do, not only with the players, but with the club infrastructure. It's a daunting prospect.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
This one must really hurt for you in particular. You lost because you scored 1, we scored 3.

I didn't see the game, as I was at a golf comp, but it sounds like we put in a very bad performance, but still won. Things went our way. Long may it continue.
Please keep the nothing posts to a minimum. It adds nothing to the conversation. We're well aware of the score, and you're just wumming.

Josep Dowling

Football is all about winning. The only reason we still talk about past managers like that is because they won trophies. It’s clear the club has needed re-structuring for years but now you’re criticising the club for following a model which has worked for our bitter rivals?

Moriarty

Football is all about winning. The only reason we still talk about past managers like that is because they won trophies. It’s clear the club has needed re-structuring for years but now you’re criticising the club for following a model which has worked for our bitter rivals?
We talk about men like that because they were extraordinary men. They were visionaries who developed a philosophy about how the game should be played and then put it in into practice. Yes, they won trophies but those three giants of the game are remembered for far more than that.

redmanx

To be honest, Im glad in a way that we wont finish in the top 4 or have to worry about European competition next season. The problems we have are so deep and imbedded ETH doesnt need the distraction of Champions League football where we might flatter to decieve in the group stage. We should concentrate on top 4 finish in the Prem and a good long run in the cups, we shouldnt run before we can walk.

TheReligion

Abusive

The worrying thing for you must be three years in to the Arteta era you still don’t look much good..

Fitchett

To be honest, Im glad in a way that we wont finish in the top 4 or have to worry about European competition next season. The problems we have are so deep and imbedded ETH doesnt need the distraction of Champions League football where we might flatter to decieve in the group stage. We should concentrate on top 4 finish in the Prem and a good long run in the cups, we shouldnt run before we can walk.
This.
Getting relegated in 1974 enabled Tommy Docherty to carry out a rebuild of fielding hungry young players, to replace an aging team who got relegated. They were able to develop in Division 2, without the immediate pressure of fighting to stay in Division 1. That breathing space enabled the team to win Division 2 easily, then finish 3rd in Division 1 and reach the FA Cup Final, in their first season back.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 196 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 11% Arsenal 2:1 Man Utd