PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 04 September 2022

Nick7

It's utterly infuriating, and typical of Sky to focus on that when we've won 3-1!
They’re conveniently ignored the red card foul by Lokonga, I believe, on Bruno. That wasn’t even a free kick according to the ref!!

wangyu

Also want to add that we had a nice trio of Eriksen Bruno and Rashford involved in all 3 goals. I gave Rashford the vote of man of the match but it could have been either 3

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's similar to the Emirates game last season - thought we were better but Arsenal actually won 3-1.
Yep, we missed a pen, and there were a couple of other big calls that wrongly went against us.
I didn't realise when I was stood in the Arsenal end, but on watching it later it was a joke.

OldSchoolManc

Seriously it was a foul and Sky are giving Arteta, Odegaard and Jimmy airtime.
He went through the back of Erikson without touching the ball.
I couldn’t believe it wasn’t called a foul without VAR intervention.
Now do one

RedDevil-85

Superb win! Feels fecking great :keano:
Sooo happy right now , squad getting confidence back with every victory.

Eriksen Bruno and Rashford :drool:

BarstoolProphet

Great win in the end, actually expected us to collapse after the equalizer who we all saw coming a mile away but luckily we have kept the counter-attacking recipe intact. Ødegaard and Arteta moaning about the call makes it sweeter.

GregM40

What a result. When was the last time we won 4 on the bounce? Eriksen was brilliant, and absolutely made up for Rashford. Antony a big improvement on the right wing. I’m eating my hat once again with McTominay, another great performance.

Maguire gave me heart palpitations though, booked within minutes of coming on, says it all.

Redfrog

Great game, great victory.
The disallowed goal gave them confidence but we were solid and clinical in counter attack after a great dominating start.

Antony : brilliant to score first game. He will be a massive hit.
Rashford : Can the haters just shut up please ? He is good this season and scored a brace while assisting Antony. MOTM.
McTominay : great game.

everyone was good, except maybe Sancho.
We can see the spirit, it’s great to have a team back. I didn’t think we had it to come back after the equalizer. It was brilliant, great mentality.

When was the last time we won 4 in the row in the league ?

It feels like it was under SAF last time.

Nick7

Hasselbaink is being more of a whiny prick than Merson is surprisingly.
Pretty sure Sky have someone in the back shouting “shut the feck up” into Merson’s ear whenever he says more than two words

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It seems like the classic story with Arsenal year in year out. Oh they had more possession.
So what?

ManRed

This win is as important as the Liverpool game. The confidence the team gets after winning 3-1 against an undefeated side will do the team world of good. Hope Erik makes some changes for Europa and gives these lads a proper rest for Palace game next week.

Tarrou

why have they let Merson on a proper show? Is it his birthday or summit?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You feel a bit sorry for Merson trying to deal with not only much better pundits, but clearly stronger characters too.

colombianmancunian

Awesome match. Shouts to Bruno, Erikssen, Rashford. Good debut for Antony. Feeling extremely positive.

Feck Lego pep. Feck arsenal. Feck negative moaners.

Maguire belongs to the reserves. He ain’t good enough even for the bench.

Last edited:

BorisManUtd

Yep, we missed a pen, and there were a couple of other big calls that wrongly went against us.
I didn't realise when I was stood in the Arsenal end, but on watching it later it was a joke.
Yeah, referee and his decisions didn't help us either.

SirAnderson

Can't fecking believe these guys, trying to undermine what United did rather than call it what it was.

Brits need to call in and cancel pundits like these, the same way they do it for swearing on TV.

LARulz

Funny because if United had started the season winning games against absolute shite then losing their first big game, Neville would castigate them. In fact I remember him doing it after we kept winning 4-0 then drew 0-0 at Anfield. Arsenal are such a soft nothing presence now. Fact is first test of the season and they failed.
I get your point but can't overlook the fact they played well till Arteta panicked and threw the kitchen sink on and lost all shape

redcucumber

I missed it because my other half had arranged a pissing dog walk with her friends that apparently I was required at. Ffs
Absolutely no disrespect intended as I know everybody's relationship dynamics differ, but is a dog walk not the sort of thing you can duck out of given the game at hand?! There's so few things that'd make me miss a game like this. I'm thinking death of a loved one at a push?

Nick7

It seems like the classic story with Arsenal year in year out. Oh they had more possession.
So what?
Merson was saying Ramsdale didn’t make a save like it was a fantastic achievement, he conceded three ffs. De Gea barely made a save either but amazing stuff from Arsenal.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Plenty of things happened but there's only one thing I'd take away from the game.

Death, taxes and United mawing Arse on the counter.

Judas

Open to offers
Wow, tough crowd. Rashy got 2 out of 3 goals and an assist on the first goal and still only 33% people think he was MoM? Haha! That is a bit harsh.

All-in-all, fantastic performance and team spirit! Onwards and upwards!
A lot on here don't want Rashford to do well, they've made their minds up about him.

The Dane

Not to be too hard on Maguire, who I hope will some day get back to the level he had at Leicester, but I think the most important reason behind our turnaround is him being benched. He wasn’t doing anything too prove that wrong today.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
understat had the xG on Rashford's second as 0.52, and on Saka's goal as 0.47 - both looked almost certain goals, I would have guessed 0.75+. Does anyone know why it's so low?

redcucumber

Amazing, amazing shit. McTominay starting over Casemiro, chucking Antony straight in, Rashford over Ronaldo up front, using Fred as a super sub further up the pitch. ten Hag just knows what he's doing and it's a far cry from what we've been used to. Absolutely love it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
understat had the xG on Rashford's second as 0.52, and on Saka's goal as 0.47 - both looked almost certain goals, I would have guessed 0.75+. Does anyone know why it's so low?
You are just underestimating how often they are missed.

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 528 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal
  • 14% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal