PL L FA Premier League

Arsenal 3:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 22 January 2023

RedIan

Arsenal deserved it. We were backs to the wall in the 2nd half.
we have improved but we are still a step behind Arsenal and City.
Arteta is cnut btw.

RepardReece

High quality game. Arsenal just too strong at the end. Casemiro a BIG miss, midfield just non existent with McT in his place.

Eriksen shouldn't be playing in these games.

DarkXaero

Deserved loss, half our team were diabolical. Our midfield was dreadful and had zero presence, and AWB was a big time liability.

lsd

The Oracle
tenHag needs to adress referees and VAR in his interview. This can't keep going pretty much every game.

Needs to address his own negativity. I'm absolutely sick of him trying to hold on to what we have with over twenty minutes left in games

He is managing Manchester United and that's not what we should be doing

OrcaFat

Performance was as expected. Okay first half, frankly shit second half.

Result was disappointing but not unfair to us. It will be different next year.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Midfield needs another body, even with Casemiro. Right wing is currently out of action too.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Both teams deserved what they got

Different game with Casemiro I reckon, what a pointless yellow that

tf1989

Supports
Leicester
Watching as a neutral, United looked like a totally transformed team, with their own style of play, pressing high up the pitch, putting opponents under pressure - for about 25 minutes. Then after, it looked like Olé’s team again, unfortunately.

You’ll see more of that first 25 mins team and less of the latter the longer ETH is there. Keep the faith.

Betson

Not complaints , they dominated that 2nd half. They were the only team going for the win , such was their domination it looked like a premier league team against a championship team at times.

They have moved a few levels above us.

I’m loving my life

Hopefully City reel the overhyped shit stains in and beat them to the league title, coincidentally breaking every tv and radio broadcasting channel, journalists, pundits and today’s referee and VAR panels fawning hearts

always_hoping

No doubt in my mind United would have got at least a draw out of that game had the FA not schedule Palace away in between todays game and City last week and Mctominay a poor man's replacement for Casemiro

UDontMessWith24

Congrats to the c***s that haven’t had to play every 3 days for the last month. Ran out of legs in the end.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Deserved win for Arsenal. They're just further along as a team than we are.

Still, fun game.

M4YON

Manager 100% to blame left Weghorse on for the full game he did feck all, his hold up play, which his what he's there for, was abysmal and he runs like a giraffe.

Garnacho at 92mins? What the feck was he drinking today? Bleach.

So angry because we had the team even without Casemiro to beat that cheating scum of a team and we walked away without a point.

A-man

One great individual goal by Rashford and a lucky goal by Martinez kept us in a game where we were totally outplayed.

Savlehest

two times in a row where we deserved more. This should have been a draw, can’t handle how incredibly lucky they are.
But well deserved PL winners. You can see they don’t play European or cup games, nobody else can have that high pace all game

lilcurt

Seen a few blaming ETH, I don't feel he had the options to do much difference. In the context of the game, I don't think our bench options would have made much of a different, we needed more at centre forward and centre-mid.

Second half of the season worries me, rivals are strengthening and we're standing still. Weghurst is just a body, I don't think he'll add anything to us really, really poor in the second half.

We are totally reliant on Casemiro

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Hateful way to lose but we were really bad for the last 20 minutes. They played too easily through the lines and our midfield.

Blood Mage

We couldn't have done much more, Arsenal just had too much quality for us. They will, deservedly, win the league.

McTominay and AWB are dreadful footballers, if we want to play Ten Hag ball going forward they need to be moved on.

paulscholes18

5 points dropped from winning positions in the last two games, well and truly in a fight for top 4

rajds89

Home advantage won them the game. Maybe it’s because I despise them so much but I really don’t think they are all that. They sustain attacks well but you’d expect that from a home team. Man for man, they aren’t miles better than us. They are a settled team, give ETH the same time as arteta as had and we’ll be back above them, I’m sure of it.

Red Star One

Play like coward, lose live coward. Surrendered after Licha goal and it was disheartening to see Manchester United completely disinterested in a least giving themselves a shot at going at Arsenal and for the league. This is not the mindset that won us CL at Camp Nou and this is not the spirit I know. Stunned to see Ten Hag making same mistakes after Crystal Palace. We deserved nothing here and it’s on manager entirely

Jimmah

Thought it was a good game but we missed Casemiro, would have been a completely different game with him on the pitch - Arsenal deserved the points sadly

cyberman

Our ability to hold the ball forward fell apart when Antony came off. Their fullback just came forward at will because we lost any sort of pace with that sub

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Arsenal deserved this. We hardly had a string of passes in the second half. Without Casemiro, our midfield is a shambles. And the less said about Wan Bissaka, Scott McTominay and Fred, the better.

Weghorst really doesn't add much to our game. And Antony is just a show pony (even though he was slightly better today than most days).

Arteta is a c**t.

Why ETH made no significant substitutes was beyond me, really.

Delano

People need to chill the feck out. We're in this position because of EtH in the first place. Park the bullshit and support a team that is clearly 3 players away from beating this team.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Would love to see the still image of when Zinchenko was played in for the goal
Definitely looked offside but with the media circus from the City game we're never getting a VAR decision again so meh

Castia

Cracking game, looked like Eth would steal another point, but cant say it's undeserved.

Actually thought AWB was very good aside from playing Nketiah onside.

I love Wout Weghorst, but you cant start him at Manchester United.
He fecked up the first goal as well? Gave away the corner then didn’t mark the back post.

rpitchfo

Really good match, enjoyed watching it, really tense. Can’t argue that arsenal won they really imposed themselves in the last 20 minutes.

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 252 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Arsenal 2:1 Man Utd