PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 12 May 2024

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Sky laughing at our leaking roof just about sums up the club at the minute.

sdb4884

Exactly why ETH shouldn't be at our club next season, he played Casemiro in the exact same position that cost us last week and it did again today. Not our worst performance of the year but it's a low bar.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not embarrassed like a lot thought we would be, but just never looked even remotely likely to score.

Horrible goal to concede, but generally held the ball reasonably nicely and kept them at bay.

Last 5 mins you'd need to be an absolute delusion king to think we'd have a goal in us with those youngsters, Antony etc as the attack.

GiddyUp

We now have a majestic waterfall gracing our stadium. Happy shit on United day.

NK86

Fergie was said to be a dinosaur tactically but we used to do this during his day. What do they practise then? Side way passes to end up with Garnacho, Rashford and Antony to take silly pot shots?
I have no clue at this stage mate. Not sure what exactly is he trying to achieve with this club. If he is given another year, the Ineos reign is doomed before it has started because they would be as bad at dithering as those damned Glazer cnuts.

Godfather

Was sleepy Ratcliffe in the stands or was he busy checking the drawers of the HR people?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
We kept it single figures GET IN THEREEEEEEEEEEEE

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Arsenal were bad and do not deserve to win EPL when they play like this in a key game. We could absolutely have gotten away width a draw if Casemiro were not playing like a dickhead and we had some half-decent CB instead.

Red00012

Exactly why ETH shouldn't be at our club next season, he played Casemiro in the exact same position that cost us last week and it did again today. Not our worst performance of the year but it's a low bar.
What other option has he?
Evans was turned inside out Monday night should he be dropped also ?

Irwin99

Considering the team/squad and the opposition that was not an abomination of a performance by any stretch- it had fight but lacked so much quality.

A good omen for Arsenal is that two of their last three title wins have included a 1-0 win at Old Trafford late in the season. On the cards? :D

RopersReturn

It felt like we’d just given up after half time. Roy Keane’s right, the players aren’t even asking questions of their performances now.

Quinze

I don't understand what McTominay brings to the side. I'd rather we played Eriksen at his preferred position for once.

Also this match showed why Rashford is still our best winger and calls to get rid of him are premature. For all his running, Garnacho has no end product at all. I'm not sure he managed a meaningful cross or a shot on target today, and that's been reccuring theme with him this season. At least he's trying to make something happen.

Rojofiam

We were relatively alright considering the difference in quality between the the two lineups...

...and Arsenal stay in the title race, so I'm fine with this.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Best 3 today:

1) Mainoo
2) Amad
3) Garnacho

Worst 3 today:

1) Casemiro
2) McTominay
3) AWB
Garnacho? He was awful. I suppose it was a good performance if someone's looking for random clips for his Youtube video "skills" compilation.

NewGlory

I'm sorry but Garnacho was shocking today
He was. He has been poor in several games now. He is still a teenager, and should not carry the weight of starting every game at his age. I blame our shit situation more than him.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He was. He has been poor in several games now. He is still a teenager, and should not carry the weight of starting every game at his age. I blame our shit situation more than him.
Yeah. I am not blaming him, the people who run the club are to blame.

sepulturite

Yep, I love him generally but had so much ball and made the wrong decision, fell over, or had a horrible delivery.
Not his day to say the least.
Yep exactly. An in form Garnacho we get something from that game today

BorisManUtd

Thought Onana, Dalot, Amrabat and Amad were the best. Mainoo decent. Garnacho was trying but few disappointing crosses that resulted into nothing. Hojlund unable to take the early chance and quiet afterwards. Kambwala and Antony good as subs.

Perhaps with Bruno we'd take advantage of Arsenal's nervy performance. This way it felt like there was no one to do something significant.

NewGlory

All our other 5 or 6 CBs are injured. Who did you want to play there?
I am not saying we had much of a choice. Just pointing out how shit Arsenal were, for having EPL winner aspirations

sepulturite

Yeh same here, he's just out of form like so many. At least he's putting the effort in, unlike some others when they play.

Oldyella

At least us being terrible and it a nothing game for us meant I wasnt looking forward to this all weekend

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seeing us that toothless and hearing Merson mashing the English language keeping on about "them games" is too much to bear.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Despite all the players missing I think add Bruno to the team today and we take some points.
Yes. I think we only need the evidence of the last 2 games to quickly dispel that "is Bruno the problem" thread to the idiot locker.

baskinginthesun

Arsenal were bad and do not deserve to win EPL when they play like this in a key game. We could absolutely have gotten away width a draw if Casemiro were not playing like a dickhead and we had some half-decent CB instead.
Arsenal still had a couple gears left. They didn't need to use them as we were never really a threat going forward. This was as easy as it gets without having to expell too much energy as far as Arsenal were concerned.

We were crap, have been crap, will always be crap with this manager and players milling about.

ManUtd1999

Arsenal still had a couple gears left. They didn't need to use them as we were never really a threat going forward. This was as easy as it gets without having to expell too much energy as far as Arsenal were concerned.

We were crap, have been crap, will always be crap with this manager and players milling about.
Pretty much this.

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 160 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 0:3 Arsenal