PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 12 May 2024

Moriarty

Considering the injury list, we did all right but so many changes need to be made. INEOS have got their work cut out for them.

Sanchez7

I am EtH out however judging purely on the Arsenal game, I think we pretty played as well as we could given the team that was available to him. It could just be down to Arsenal just being in second gear and not really too troubled by our forward line.

rajds89

I take comfort from knowing those cnuts still aren’t going to win the league.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
This is because they do not practice this in training. I don’t think Eth knows how to coach those intricate movements and passes.
Fergie was said to be a dinosaur tactically but we used to do this during his day. What do they practise then? Side way passes to end up with Garnacho, Rashford and Antony to take silly pot shots?

joedirt87

Arsenal didn’t need to do anything. They put us under a little pressure, we folded as usual and they got their goal. Then they just sat in their defensive block and had a little training session.

Canuckred64

Thought we didn't looked that bad today, but that's a sad reflection on how bad we have looked lately. It says something that a 0-1 loss at home is seen as a somewhat decent result and much better than most were expecting.

BrayRed

Meh. Expected result. No European football next season is really bad.
To be pedantic about it that isn't confirmed yet.

Would need to win the last 2 and results to go our way, failing that the unlikely result of winning the cup final

Anyway we'd be better off with none than the conference league. Europa league is just about passable

LARulz

Missed the game but a 1-0 loss is way better than expected. And judging by the comments, we could have.... not lost at least?

renatosanches85

Let’s be realistic, Arsenal were in second gear. They did what they had to to go back top of the table. This isn’t our fight, we need to secure that 8th place. In Erik we trust

renatosanches85

Missed the game but a 1-0 loss is way better than expected. And judging by the comments, we could have.... not lost at least?
That’s the spirit. Let’s get behind the club, if we all stick together we can push for another top the finish next season.

Wing Attack Plan R

The gooners celebrating in the stands will be brought back to earth soon enough.

Amad lively, our best player. Mainoo good, Dalot good, Onana even made a couple saves. Amrabat in his natural position is much better than filling in as makeshift whatever.

Everyone else poor to awful.

GazTheLegend

Don't care, prefer the twats from London over the twats from Stockport. Means we now have an opportunity to completely destroy their season now if we beat them in the two games we play, assuming our players finally decide to show up and fight.

Narrator: they didn't.

Edit: before all the top reds add I guess the fact is that our season was over a few months ago, it's been an absolute nightmare, time to put it to bed and hope Ineos have some idea of how to fix the mess we are in.

PaulRich

A decent cohesive team beats that Arsenal team today - not much to fault with our effort and application today, we’re just miles off quality wise

Bobski

Terrible game, Arsenal were crap, Utd were toothless.

Amrabat did quite well for the first hour or so, was industrious, and the midfield space was more compact than normal, just the lack of quality up front told.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Thought we would get chinned, so 0-1 is a lot better than anticipated. That said, Arsenal weren't up to much. Very professional but don't look like a title chasing team to me. Garnacho needs to do more with possession, but had a good game, as did Amad.

Godfather

The squad EtH has built might be the worst we've had since SAF left. Quite a feat of the bald man.

ObscureBaguette

With two games left we are eighth with a goal difference of minus four and 14 defeats. Almost as many defeats as wins. I do feel the injuries are a mitigating factor as I don't think I've ever seen an injury situation over pretty much an entire season like this. However, the signs of trouble were there in the very first game of the season, that jammy 1-0 win over Wolves. This has been a diabolical season in which we have simply not created enough chances or scored enough goals. Given our defensive injury issues, our goals against column isn't too bad. We could easily finish lower than 8th, which would be appalling. To state the blindingly obvious, we need to understand the injury issues and vastly improve the squad over the summer.

CallyRed

Expected result. Depleted side. Didn't lay a glove. Arsenal were nervous.

End

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Arsenal players will be laughing in the locker room, feeling quite fresh and full of confidence, probably won't have an easier game all season.

Yakuza_devils

Only positive, Amad is good. But he is too injury prone for PL.

Good to see the youngsters play Forson, Kwambala and the young striker.

Castia

Better than expected in all honesty

At least we were able to string 3 passes together

Jericholyte2

Anyone look at the players available and think, “Yeah we’ll give title challenging Arsenal a real good game here! I expect a win.”?

Godfather

You could see Arse were nervous. Which could have given us some kind of confidence as we are playing for feck all at the moment. Didn't though.

MrBest

Considering what has happened this season, where Arsenal are, they put a performance in. That's all I can ask for right now, they run and show a bit of desire. Not happy obviously, but not depressed like on Monday.

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 160 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 0:3 Arsenal
  • 11% Man Utd 0:4 Arsenal