CL L Champions League Group A

Manchester United 0:1 Bayern Munich

Post-match discussion

Tue, 12 December 2023

NZT-One

I thought, we were organized. But it didn't need Bayern to exit 1st gear to still be comfortable against us. I am fine with todays game, it isn't much but we didn't implode. Pretty sure Liverpool isn't going to let us off the hook as easily as this...

RoyH1

At least we avoided being humbled by Sevilla in a couple of months time.

wolvored

Didnt he moan he hadnt got no time to train them as we play twice a week? Lets see what he can do now. As for tonight and the Ch Lge campaign overall, absolute disgrace.

ThemanGiggsy

the Mctominay experiment needs to end. Bruno deeper means we have no attack. needs to be Amrabat and Mainoo behind Bruno.

also, Varane at LCB seemed to work out fine, which only raises more questions of Ten Hag on why he has been out.

Redfrog

So now we can concentrate to get into CL next year. Great !

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Pretty tough watch, really. For a complete dead rubber game (from our vantage) we played it way too safe for my liking, but of course after that drubbing by Frankfurt a win or at least not losing was high on Tuchel's priorities, I guess.

Waynne

I want to write exactly how I feel but I will get banned rather easily so I'll just say this:

I'm tired boss :(

R'hllor

This place jerking off on top 4 as some kind of importance/achievement just to be last in THAT group :lol:. What a waste of a spot, we are really a dino poo.

thedvil

We are edging into a conference league team, Champions league is not a competition we belong in and Europa is one we probably be outside the 10th team to win it.

Yanited__

Boring football, not a likeable team, no energy, little to none passion, look clueless on the pitch, mess off the pitch. Not much else to say.

Mr Smith

I don't really take much from this game, we were never going to win. We went out a fortnight ago when we failed to beat Galatasary. This was just a footnote. Let's now focus on the league.

Chairman Steve

If this fecking season was a gif, it’d be that Community gif where Troy is happily walking in with pizza to see the chaos and then just screaming.

eire-red

Boring and clueless.

Thank god we finished last in that group. 2 less games I'll have to suffer through this season.

Pathetic.

astracrazy

As expected, damage was done before this game. Onana single handily knocked us out.

Only savour is it wouldn't have made a difference, in fact prefer no Euro football over Europa.

Pughnichi

Hope was gone long before tonight’s round of matches.

glad we ain’t in Europa

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
We deserve to be out. This team is all over the place. Another drubbing Sunday and I feel the manager carousel takes another turn and we’re right back where we started.

Ollie Derbyshire

Didn’t even lay a glove on them, always nice to go out with a whimper at home in a must win match. We have zero attacking threat no matter which front 4 we choose.

This is just going to get worse over the Christmas fixtures with the constant injuries we are getting and the fact we are an awful team.

Cantona in disguise

We didn't get smashed. So that's a positive. United look like a mid table side. Shambolic considering the money spent.

SirScholes

It is what is it. Some bad decisions, keeper howlers and inconsistent VAR have battered us this year.

Anfield game feels pivotal for ETH now.
Awful manager and players

var shouldn’t of been the deciding factor we had plenty chances in those games

Oranges038

Utter shite. The difference is speed of passing and movement between Utd and Bayern is night and day. Physically they were much quicker, stronger in every department.

Really need to get rid of dross like McT, Dalot and AWB. Pretty much just need a whole new backline and midfield, 2 wingers and another striker at this stage.

There's about 5 or 6 players in that squad worth keeping.

Pughnichi

Why is Dalot still here. Just ship him off anywhere. The amount of times he just played then all out of play was embarrassing

Kopral Jono

I want to see more ruthlessness from our matchgoing fans. Boo the feck out of them at the final whistle, get the handkerchieves out, anything. These spineless bunch of cowards don't deserve their support.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Wasn't a bad effort. Too little too late in the group but we were far more compact, passed a lot better, and had a small amount of threat up front. Problem is our forwards are just very average. If we had Kingsley Coman we'd have won.

RedDevilQuebecois

Seeing the team going totally flat is infuriating enough. But to see the home crowd not being any more demanding or even critical of the team's effort is even worse. This whole club + fanbase are the joint builders of this loser's mentality.

Pughnichi

Utter shite. The difference is speed of passing and movement between Utd and Bayern is might and day. Physically they were much quicker, stronger in every department.

Really need to get rid of dross like McT, Dalot and AWB. Pretty much just need a whole new backline and midfield, 2 wingers and another striker at this stage.

There's about 5 or 6 players in that squad worth keeping.
Totally agree. Which is crazy given the money we’ve spent…and 3 of them are from the academy!!

James35

Bayern didn’t get out of second gear.

12th defeat from 24 games and conceding 39 goals.

I don’t care about player this, owner that the manager needs to go. It’s embarrassing and we’ll probably lose three more games before 2023 is over.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
1 win courtesy of a late penalty save. Forgettable tournament.

Abhinav

Them were the days when we used to blitz teams at OT on special CL nights. 3-0 up against Bayern before Rafael’s red, 7-1 against Roma etc. Now, we can’t even put together an attack. So disheartening and no light at the end of the tunnel.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 172 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bayern Munich win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 14% Man Utd 1:3 Bayern Munich
  • 13% Man Utd 0:3 Bayern Munich