PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:1 Bournemouth

Post-match discussion

Tue, 17 May 2016

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Awful until the goal, very good after it. Rashford's a star in the making and so is the funny looking bloke who played left back. Nice send off for LvG in his final home match in charge. ;)

stu_1992

Unfortunately had to miss, first time I've missed teh last game in a long time. Goals looked pretty decent but I heard the first half was dire. Decent result though. Hopefully the last of Van Gaal at Old Trafford.

ken11

The build-up to the first goal was a beauty. Rashford's dummy was great.

Rooney will shine in the midfield role if he embraces it. I don't think he'll be going anywhere.

Charlie Foley

Thought Valencia played really well.

Was really pleased when Rashford got his goal.

Rooney was good, goal and an assist is always good!

Disappointed for DDG, instinct more than anything from Smalling. I find more fault with Herrera there.

Natener

Felt like a friendly/training match. We played well for the most parts, but it's a lot easier performing against a half-hearted opponent.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Didn't watch the first half but from I saw in the second, we looked like we are taking more chances going forward. Indecision and hesitation are still in abundant though. And we desperately need a leader at the back.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Did I miss something? What did Herrera do that is bringing up all of this reaction about him?

Also, regarding the match, I feel like Bournemouth pretty much gave up once went up 2-0. They were working relatively hard before that in trying to get a result, but when we scored the 2nd, they pretty much wanted the match to be over soon.

We really struggled to get going in the first half bar the goal of course. Our midfield really wanted to play at a slow, safe pace, and only when Martial decided to up the pace with his pass-and-move did we get our first goal. The second half wasn't bad either as it had more moments, but it was just that, moments with tons of what-ifs and sloppy chance creation in between.

We'll definitely be having a shake-up this summer. Van Gaal looked like he knew that he'd be leaving after our FA Cup final, and I think most players seem to now realise that this transition period will continue to go on for a while.

Norris

I feel sorry for De Gea .. :(. Should have had a clean sheet and a chance at that Golden Glove. He was fuming after that.
Good goals and some good movement, but it was a dead rubber. For a change, van Gaal made the right sub changes to rest the players for the FA Cup. I am glad he got that right.

I will miss Carrick though.. :(. He doesn't even get a testimonial if he leaves. I hope Mourinho gives him an extra year. He's more than good enough to put in 10-15 games for another 2 seasons honestly.

Shinehead Dred

Atmosphere was as flat as a witch's tit in the first half but improved as the game went on. Actually enjoyed the second half. I know Bournemouth didn't give us the best of games (on hols already)but the lads looked as if they played with a bit more freedom and it showed on the pitch. A decent game of football which has been rare this season. Thought that was endangered territory under the current manager.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Enjoyed the 2nd half, played some of our best football all season ironically. Mata deserved to score, he had a great game.

Pleased with no injuries and hopefully it'll give us good confidence going to the cup final.

Sort of pleased LVG didn't get absolutely booed out of the stadium, I want him to be sacked but he doesn't deserve to be humiliated.

Roll on Saturday.

Cina

A bit OTT no?
No. He's an arrogant, senile, stubborn, condescending, contradictory, clueless old feckwit, who has cocked up massively in these last two years and left us playing some of the most awful football I've ever seen.

I hate him.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Makes me more pissed about the West Ham game. 15 minutes away from Bluemoon going into utter meltdown! Felt sorry for DDG then especially the way he celebrated our goals going in and felt sorry for him last night. It would have been nice for him to get recognition for being one of the stand out performers in an otherwise crap season by getting the Golden Glove. Seconds away from achieving it as well.

I hope people don't think it's going to be a cakewalk come the weekend!

GloryHunter07

No. He's an arrogant, senile, stubborn, condescending, contradictory, clueless old feckwit, who has cocked up massively in these last two years and left us playing some of the most awful football I've ever seen.

I hate him.
Seems to go against the grain of clamping down on bad language on the caf but whatever.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 328 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Man Utd 2:0 Bournemouth
  • 21% Man Utd 1:0 Bournemouth