PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:0 Bournemouth

Post-match discussion

Tue, 03 January 2023

RedIan

Comfortable win without breaking sweat. Casamiro class. Degea superb, Shaw played well bar sloppy pass at the end. Fred looked very sharp when he came on. Garnacho deserved that curler to go in.
Been a great return so far post world cup,.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Back to this sort of game being a 2nd gear formality.
Great stuff.

Couple of cup games to enjoy now, before seeing if we can improve against City this time round.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Imagine how good we would be with a competent striker!
This is the frustrating thing, as much as I’m just enjoying being on an upward trajectory and looking like a competent football team again, there’s always a feeling of what if. I’m not saying we’d be challenging for the league, but put literally any 20 goal striker in this team and who knows?

MonkeysMagic

Shaw, De Gea and Casemiro...take a bow!
Notable mentions to AWB (yes I know!) and Lindeloff.

I proven goal scorer and that game finishes 6-0 but wins are vital at this point. Arse drawing, do we dare to dream?

Dempsey19

Never looked in danger. Bruno was excellent.

Shame about the injury to DvB, I thought he was looking ok. Martial seemed anonymous, we need a striker and soon.

Big couple of weeks coming up.
Bruno was terrible overall what game were you watching ??

Orange Tree

Good win.

Casemiro, Shaw, and De Gea are the stand out performers.

AlPistacho

quietly and efficiently handling business and been doing so for a while. Great result. If we beat City. Expectations start to change.

Strelok

Not a great performance but a very comfortable routine win. That tells a lot about ETH I think.

Elcabron

Good win, clean sheet, players rested, teams around us dropping points. Shaw great as was Casemiro. Bruno and Fred came alive with Fred and Dalot came on.

Negatives - Martial poor/average again. Elanga ain't good enough. Also we seem to have stopped pressing completely.

Dash247

What a wonderful result. Job Well Done. DDG was amazing whole game and having another clean sheet is fantatsic. Casemiro, WOW !! he makes so much difference. I kind of feel bad for VDB, but i feel this is the end of his Man Utd career. He is just not good enough.

Cloud7

Though I did not get to watch the match, I am very pleased with the result. This is probably the thing we have been missing the most in the entire post SAF era.

Simply dispatching teams who we should be dispatching. Not every match is supposed to be a task, because for the best teams of the past few years most teams in the league have not been a task to dispatch.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Not our best performance, on another day it could have been 3-3.

The main thing is though we took our chances and got the 3 points. Great streak atm.
On another day that could have 6-7-3

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Feels like we're coming back really. Casemiro what a player.

AlPistacho

The main thing is though we took our chances and got the 3 points. Great streak atm.
On another day we have Varane and Martinez instead of Maguire & Lindalof.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So impressed with us defensively. You can tell it’s just down to coaching and confidence, as that’s the same back 4 Ole and Ragnick had. We’re finally seeing systemic change.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’m a bit disappointed. We won’t get a better chance all season to rack up a big score. Bournemouth were atrocious. Our attacking players are ridiculously flaky and the amount of saves DDG made says nothing good about our strength in depth in defence. All of which will cost us over the course of the season.

Shark

@NotShark

No it wouldn't, De Gea made some standard saves really. Plus it was the chuckle brothers back there so considering we did well.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Bruno was terrible overall what game were you watching ??
No one was terrible, it wasn't his best but not many would have been alive to Shaw's pass and the first time pass to Rashford

spiriticon

How are we 9 points behind Arsenal? -_- Must be our fecked up start to the season

I don't feel they are much better than us.

Real Name

I’m a bit disappointed. We won’t get a better chance all season to rack up a big score. Bournemouth were atrocious. Our attacking players are ridiculously flaky and the amount of saves DDG made says nothing good about our strength in depth in defence. All of which will cost us over the course of the season.
He made 3, 4 standard saves and Lindelof was good I thought. Should be scoring more but wins are most important at the moment. Hopefully we'll land a striker this month.

humdinger

First choice centre back pairing rested, still kept a clean sheet and scored three. Top four rivals dropping points all over the place. Superb.

Redderp

Strange how open the game became after the second goal, like Bournemouth decided to just throw the kitchen sink at us and we didn't even try and shut up shop and just went end to end until someone got the third.
Seems pretty standard that the game opens up when you are up by two. Not much else they can do when they need to score twice…

tjb

So impressed with us defensively. You can tell it’s just down to coaching and confidence, as that’s the same back 4 Ole and Rangnick had. We’re finally seeing systemic change.
This narrative needs to die. Whenever we get a good win now, instead of praising the team, this pops up. Teams don't rack up 6's and 7's every week. It's a good win, gets us 3 points and we kept a clean sheet whilst dominating the game, playing how we want to play and rotating.

tjb

I really think with better depth in certain positions and proper competition or the replacement of Martial we really will be in position to actually win the league if the quality in the first xi remains similar.

If we can sign that striker and bring in a younger midfielder ; considering we still have Sancho and Antony adjusting; whilst Garnacho and Amad are developing, we will have a really strong team.

Man of the Match

Luke Shaw image Luke Shaw 61% of 318 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 297 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw