PL L FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 04 May 2023

Kinky Melinky

I'm so sick of watching other teams absolutely breeze through our midfield. There's no defensive security and it's so sloppy in possession of the ball.

Our away form is atrocious at the moment. We've been bullied in the second half away to Newcastle, Sevilla, Spurs and Brighton in the last few weeks. I'm really worried about West Ham away this weekend. We're opening the door for a Liverpool team who have everything going their way at the moment.
If we lose to West Ham I am switching my phone off for a week

Cpt Negative

Was there a World Cup last season? Did Liverpool play midweek fixtures for almost 6 months consecutively?
No, there wasn’t a World Cup obviously, but the fact we played fairly full strength teams against shite teams in the league cup and Europa league is our own problem.

we have a loser mentality, we’ve lost 7/8 games against top 9 teams away and realistically it should have been 8/8 if spurs took their chances. That’s not a congestion problem, it’s a tactical and or mental problem. Funny how we don’t have a problem beating teams at home or in bottom half.
It’s a mentality thing, nothing more

GledTheRed

More concerning than the loss is how much better they look than us depaite is having a better pool of players.

They took the piss second half and we couldn't get near them.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It was embarrassing watching them play the ball with ease and then us shitting our pants when a Brighton player got within 10 yards of us.

JagUTD

Klopp did. The fans didn’t, because they were winning every week.

Our players are mentally weak. We don’t have a killer instinct and we fold at the slightest pressure.

This has been a distinctly average season, glossed over by good cup runs where we played a few shit teams on the way, aside from Barcelona.
For a transition season, which this is, it has been some ride. The team is already well ahead of last season points total, we are in 2 cup finals, have produced some brilliant performances but also some horrific performances.

At this stage the team is knackered. They weren't set up to attack on all fronts and go deep into 3 cup competitions while challenging for a top 4 place. But I am glad we have, because that's what a proper United team does.

If this can become our average then I'm all for it. For far to long our average has been well below this season.

Woziak

2-3 games a week, virtually every single a week since FECKING JANUARY! Anyone berating the players without taking that into account isn't worth the fecking oxygen it takes to come onto this forum and spew their childish petulant garbage. Fecking cesspool full of children that can't wrap their brain around anything more complex than FIFA or FM. You should all be thoroughly embarrassed
I think most united fans are completely on side with the manager and players, we need Garnaucho back asap to give us more of a goal threat but the Glazers really should just do the honourable thing and just f…..leave, 18/19 years of them and they’ve been gradually bleeding and draining the club of its soul, had we bought a proper striker in January, rather than a hackney marsh pub striker Weghorst, we would have had 70 pints by now and not been in this mess, Luke Shaw talking sense we don’t take our chances he’s 100% right.

Gazautd18

Looks like EtH sent Shaw out to do post match.
Man said "Hands up. It's my mistake"
No shit...

aeh1991

Let's not forget how many games we've played in the last few weeks, as well as playing without our two main CBs. An unlucky 0-1 defeat to one of the best form sides is okay. Hopefully we win the next few games.

Arnold Layne

We also need a no.8 to dominate the midfield. We are too dependant on Casemiro. And he starts every match with a yellow.
100% agree. Just watching Shaws interview. Claims they shouldn't have had the free that led to the corner. Never thought for a second Dave would save the pen.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Good game, shit result. Just knew we would most likely lose after we didn’t score our chances in the first half. The players are tired and they still pushed hard in that first half and went toe-to-toe. They were obviously going to be leggy in the 2nd half, so it was important to finish our early chances and slow things down to protect our lead.

Kane or Osimhen is a must this summer to replace martial and sancho. Mitoma would be welcome too. Way better than any of our wingers.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Have we won an away game against any of the top 10 this season? What an absolutely shambolic display and stat. We are knackered but we still have everything to play for. If the players cannot get up for it, maybe they need to be shown the door.

Sancho, 350k/week for that cameo!!
We beat Fulham and got a point at Spurs. Lost to everybody else.

beacon

All Creatures Great and Small
This had to happen so Brighton can overtake Liverpool.

We are still in the top 4 and will be at the end of the season. Some of you lot need to calm the feck down.

Heinzesight

More concerning than the loss is how much better they look than us depaite is having a better pool of players.

After the 20th time they’ve passed round our press with ease, at what point do we feck it off and let them play out? It led to so many of their attacks where suddenly it was 3 v 3.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

Brighton Has a pool of players in form, which makes them better than ours. T. Credit to their manager .

UDontMessWith24

No, there wasn’t a World Cup obviously, but the fact we played fairly full strength teams against shite teams in the league cup and Europa league is our own problem.

we have a loser mentality, we’ve lost 7/8 games against top 9 teams away and realistically it should have been 8/8 if spurs took their chances. That’s not a congestion problem, it’s a tactical and or mental problem. Funny how we don’t have a problem beating teams at home or in bottom half.
It’s a mentality thing, nothing more
No s***. How fecking dare you question the players' mentality when they've managed to maintain top 4 and reach two cup finals despite everything working against them. Next season when the fixture list isn't unprecedently congested please feel free to feck off.

NK86

We beat Fulham and got a point at Spurs. Lost to everybody else.
Right, Fulham is the saving grace in that list. I know we have made progress in terms of how deep we have gone in the tournaments and the league cup win, but if we screw top 4, it will all amount to nothing unfortunately. That is such a hugely important milestone for us this season.

JagUTD

Some mad takes here. We didn't get battered, they didn't really dominate either. They were the better side in the second half but we still had chances and we should have been ahead at half time.

It was a good game, between 2 good sides with an ending nobody could have predicted. Sometimes it's really just that simple.

Cpt Negative

For a transition season, which this is, it has been some ride. The team is already well ahead of last season points total, we are in 2 cup finals, have produced some brilliant performances but also some horrific performances.

At this stage the team is knackered. They weren't set up to attack on all fronts and go deep into 3 cup competitions while challenging for a top 4 place. But I am glad we have, because that's what a proper United team does.

If this can become our average then I'm all for it. For far to long our average has been well below this season.
sorry, it’s distinctly average. Who have we played in the cup runs? Barcelona, that’s it. The rest of the teams we’ve played have been shit, championship or lower league premier league teams.

we’ve won 0 big games away from home all season. ZERO! Some fecking ride. 49 goals all season in the league, some ride. Been twatted at City, Liverpool, Brentford, Newcastle, scraped a win at Fulham, some ride.

Weve been good at home, shite away. We’re Stoke with fast players

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Right, Fulham is the saving grace in that list. I know we have made progress in terms of how deep we have gone in the tournaments and the league cup win, but if we screw top 4, it will all amount to nothing unfortunately. That is such a hugely important milestone for us this season.
We are still yet to play Bournemouth and West Ham away to close the season, if we fail to beat either of them (which we are almost certain to IMO) we will have beaten 2 out of 14 teams of top 15.

bdspeedy

Fully deserved. Typical 2nd half disasterclass away from home. We start bad and then the subs always make it even worse, every single time.
Who else was there to bring on? The tank is empty. The tires are down to the .
Another excuse. Im fking sick of it. We have been sht so long I think the fans have forgot who the fk we are. Losing and being owned by fking Brighton even though they are a good team is not acceptable. End of.
I agree to a degree but it doesn't matter "who the fk we are" We have been run into the ground for years and in a year that we might have won several trophy's, the scum who own us chose dividends to themselves over what was good for the team and us fans. Glazers COMPLETELY the F OUT.

Von Mistelroum

Our attack is really poor. Rashford was the only threat briefly but he's back to normal after his purple patch so we have very little threat.

DickDastardly

After a game like this you think they're all past it.

Suddenly Casemiro looks old.
Rashford back to last season.

I'll reserve my thoughts on Antony, first season and all that....

Fred and Martial need to be sold.
Harry as well.
Wout and Sabitzer given back.
Sancho as well if they'll take him.

That's 6 already, and we're not even getting there...

2 massive upgrades are needed.
A CF is a must.
A CM would be fantastic.
Add another CB and we're good.

12oskell

I'm so sick of watching other teams absolutely breeze through our midfield. There's no defensive security and it's so sloppy in possession of the ball.
Was a great tactic from Brighton, if you notice how they suck in all our midfield and attack by holding it deep and playing out well from the back, it left so many easy balls to an empty middle of the pitch. Should of been addressed and our high press restrained. Just my view.

NK86

We are still yet to play Bournemouth and West Ham away to close the season, if we fail to beat either of them (which we are almost certain to IMO) we will have beaten 2 out of 14 teams of top 15.
Wow. That's just sad!

NK86

After a game like this you think they're all past it.

Suddenly Casemiro looks old.
Rashford back to last season.

I'll reserve my thoughts on Antony, first season and all that....

Fred and Martial need to be sold.
Harry as well.
Wout and Sabitzer given back.
Sancho as well if they'll take him.

That's 6 already, and we're not even getting there...

2 massive upgrades are needed.
A CF is a must.
A CM would be fantastic.
Add another CB and we're good.
We need to CF. Martial and Weghourst can both feck right off. Cannot believe we had to go through all those issues just to get Wout on loan. Wish we had gone through all that hassle for Caicedo instead when we had the chance.

adamwest

Anyone watching the post match still? Paul Ince on his lonesome laughing his arse off at Ten Hag and genuinely giddy about us losing. He really is bitter about us isn't he. The coverage on Sky tonight was a fecking disgrace tbh.

Cpt Negative

No s***. How fecking dare you question the players' mentality when they've managed to maintain top 4 and reach two cup finals despite everything working against them. Next season when the fixture list isn't unprecedently congested please feel free to feck off.
What exactly has gone against us?
Im questioning their mentality because when the chips are down, we don’t turn up. We haven’t all season.

RedIan

10 seconds away from a good result away at a very good team. One moment of madness cost us. We were decent first half and had a couple of good chances. 2nd half we were poor. Brighton passed us out of the game.
Are we flagging second half's due to playing every 3 days since xmas. Has to be a factor.
win the 3 home games and top 4 is sealed. We will grind it out.

Judas

Open to offers
Another game were we waste good chances in the first half, and know we're going to look knackered and dog shit in the second half. Rinse and repeat.

Losing it like that was painful, but we'd been asking for it.

Baneofthegame

sorry, it’s distinctly average. Who have we played in the cup runs? Barcelona, that’s it. The rest of the teams we’ve played have been shit, championship or lower league premier league teams.

we’ve won 0 big games away from home all season. ZERO! Some fecking ride. 49 goals all season in the league, some ride. Been twatted at City, Liverpool, Brentford, Newcastle, scraped a win at Fulham, some ride.

Weve been good at home, shite away. We’re Stoke with fast players
If only Stoke realised they needed fast players! They'd be top 4, winning cups and not being shit in the championship! Fools!

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It seems to me everybody is unanimous and watched what happened clearly. Did they show multiple angles of the Luke Shaw incident? On my stream, they only showed one angle and you couldn't even see Luke Shaw's full body, you only saw an arm and the ball. I remember the rule about if a player has his back turned and the ball hits his arm it's not a handball. I'm not saying it happened this way, it's just that I think the ref shouldn't be able to make a call like that without watching the whole incident. It's super weird.

I mean, It looked like a penalty to me, because his hand was so high but I didn't see the angle from the other position where you'd see Luke Shaw's full body. Did they really not show this angle? Why not? Would have been a much more convincing angle to begin with. Why only show one?

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 186 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Brighton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Brighton 1:1 Man Utd