PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 January 2018

Spirit of Solskjaer

It was always going to be a difficult match, and so it proved to be. In the end it's 3 massive points for us. Pleased.

Burnley though can feck off with their gamesmanship, diving and complaining.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
We've got some players who really need to improve their decision making in attack.

But of a shit game as expected, happy with the 3 points.

wolvored

Shit performance thats all I can say. Thought the warm weather training was supposed to do them some good?

Bogga

I'm at fault for Pogba today... I put him in my FPL-team and set him as captain

siw2007

Ugly match, but a great 3 points. Burnley were very frustrating opponents and it wasn't a particularly great performance either. Well taken goal by Martial, I think that is now 11 goals and 10 assists this season so far, hope he keeps it up!

PieCrust

Amazes me at the top level how many times shots and crosses are just drilled into the defender time and time again.

cyril C

Could've easily won by 4 on another day. The good thing is at least we creating those opportunities in the final third.
We created 1 clear cut chance and converted it, shear quality of the players involved. Pogba should have passed it but there were only 2 good chances. Our final 3rd was awful. Mata was awful, Matic dreaming, Pogba also poor.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We do clearly have some talented players.

What goes on in their thick heads though, I will never understand. Decision making is absolute trash.
Agree. Some poor passes and decision making certainly cost us a more emphatic victory

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Away to Burnley is always a git. 2018 begins better than 2017 ended, anyway.

togg

Most people were saying it would be a tough game and that is what it was. They are no push overs. With a little bit more intelligence up front we could have won fairly comfortably, but before the game I would have taken a scrappy 1-0 win any day! Great three points.

midou

I kinda hate Mike Deen, but that was one of his less shite performances.

DdeGoat

Thank god that's over with 3 points in the bag. Woeful performance.

suheilsworld

Good result. Has been a bad place for us in the past so that is a vital 3 points. Puts the right kind of pressure on City, although I do not see any other result but a City win there.

Important win considering the next game is against Spurs

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Tough place to go to so can't complain too much about the performance as we got the three points.

Now, Sanchez.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Important 3 points. Some things didn't look good. Our counter is too slow , players reactions are too slow. Also too many times we were sloppy in midfield.
But in overall we played as a team. Good to see

Camilo

Zero enjoyment watching that - no control, no real obvious plan.. Some terrible decisions from Lingard, Pogba, Martial and Rashford - play the simple ball and we might get a clean shot at goal ffs.

There's a load of things I'd like to moan about, but for now I'll say I'm happy with the three points. I'll save the proper moan for later.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
feck - how difficult is getting the awareness of team mate in the right positions?

Lukaku completely ignores Mata. All he needed was a lay off and Mata is through.

Of all, our best player pogba in 3 against 1, with Martial and Lukaku taking 1:1 positions with GK and this guy decides to shoot.

Lingard taking a shot when Martial was free in the box. All he needed was a simple cut back.

Rashford ignores Lukaku and he tries to take on 2 people and then loses the ball.

Ofcourse the rant cant end without mentioning Fellaini. In the last minute of stoppage time, he tries for a flick when all he needed was to protect the ball and give back to Rashford to corner.

GiddyUp

Delighted with the 3 points but a shocking offensive performance. We collectively lose our shit when attacking sometimes. Some speed of thought would put us 3 goals up by 60 minutes in most games but we dither and second guess.
Solid performance otherwise and so important as every game is a must win if we are to capitalize on a city blip or just to solidify a 2/3 place.

Canagel

A win is a win. We could've played better but this is Burnley. Anyone expecting a free-flowing attacking performance at Turf Moor is going to be dissapointed. I thought Jones was immense today. My MOTM although Martial runs him close. Now back to the Sanchez thread. :devil:

Icemav

Terrible game. Could've easily finished 3-0 if it wasn't for Pogba and Rashford's greediness.

Martial with an excellent goal.

The only players that seemed any decent was Jones and Smalling. That's a telling sign when you're being outplayed by Burnley.
Lukaku was also superb. Smalling his usual mix of awful on the ball and brilliant defensively.

Manny

Grammar Police
Pogba, Mata and Lingard were well, well of the pace.

Reynoldo

Hope Dean is held accountable for those 5 (+1) minutes. This is bizarre. There were 3 minutes tops of injury time to be added. I hope Mourinho demands an explanation for that.
Fact! Scandalous altogether.

FlapR

Terrible. Hopefully last on match of the day so I don't have to watch that again.

RedIke

Phew!

Gettin tense there. 3 out of 11 played well today. The two CBs and Rom. Other than that, pretty much dreadful.

Take that win. Get the feck outta there. Tough place to play.

Mike Dean is bad at his job.

spiriticon

Burnley are dirty, slimy diving whiny cnuts.

The only team who have proper pissed me off this season.

Spent half the time on the ground rolling around, and the other half trying to piss off Pogba.

redom

Burnley players and staff sure have mastered that look of incredulity when a decision doesn't go their way haven't they?

Man of the Match

Phil Jones image Phil Jones 46% of 776 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 484 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw