PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 January 2018

Nikelesh Reddy

We played much better in the 2nd half and some of our defending was nothing short of heroic.Jones and Smalling aren't great distributors of the ball but they certainly know how to defend,and 5 clean sheets in a row bodes very well for the future.But the million dollar question that we need to answer is whether we want Pogba to keep playing in a midfield 2.Its crystal clear now that he's playing with the handbrakes on in that position and we don't keep the ball well enough in a 4-2-3-1.Maybe the time has come to permanently make the switch to 4-3-3,and I guess the signing of Sanchez should allow us to make this transition easily...

rpg

How on earth did Rashford not passing to Lukaku on the 90th minute. We got players lacking teamwork and after personal glory.

Foxbatt

The selfishness of Rashford is now gone beyond acceptance. Not only in this match but have been going on for sometime. He is not passing at all to team mates in better positions. I think the hype has gone to his head. He is not better than Martial at all. Martial is at a different level. Yes Rashford scores very good goals too but he is not at the same level.

Nikelesh Reddy

How on earth did Rashford not passing to Lukaku on the 90th minute. We got players lacking teamwork and after personal glory.
Wasn't just Rashford,Pogba did it a couple of times as well....Jose needs to have a word with them,Lukakus probably the most selfless attacking player in our team.But Martial,Pogba and Rashford certainly have a selfish streak in them...

Nikelesh Reddy

The selfishness of Rashford is now gone beyond acceptance. Not only in this match but have been going on for sometime. He is not passing at all to team mates in better positions. I think the hype has gone to his head. He is not better than Martial at all. Martial is at a different level. Yes Rashford scores very good goals too but he is not at the same level.
I agree that man for man,Martial has far more in his armour than Marcus,but I think it's a tad unfair to just blame him.Pogba was as selfish as Marcus yesterday and Martials also got this selfish streak in him,Jose needs to have a word with all of them.Lukaku is probably the only selfless attacking player right now...

Rampant-red

We won in a very difficult place. That's the most important thing and I see glimpses of down returning to all our players . Rashfords game will return and he will start banging them in again. We are closing in on City squad wise.

Foxbatt

I would agree about Pogba yesterday but he is among the top for assists but Rashford has been like this for sometime now and is creating problems for us. Martial you cannot blame him too much because he is scoring and also creating too. I think his problem is that sometimes, he holds the ball too long instead of passing or shooting and the chance goes begging.

simplyared

Summing it up:
Jones now proved his doubters wrong - England class!
Shaw our best choice at LB.
Lukaku becoming more of an assist player than goal getter. When Sanchez comes Rashford should be challenging him in the striker role. Both would gain from that.
Squad players coming in too late to make any impact.
Invaluable 3 pts gained thanks to solid performances from our CB's

Man of the Match

Phil Jones image Phil Jones 46% of 776 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 484 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win