PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 02 September 2018

Martial

Lukaku's misses will cost us in the big matches for however long he is here.

automaticflare

I love the end of this game grit and fight and jose and the fans he is instilling a siege mentality I can feel it.
I love our away fans they are amazing

Absolutely dominated this game should have won by 5 or 6 easy

acnumber9

Good game and should’ve won four or five nil. Mourinho got his tactics spot on and Fellaini did a great job.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Much better. feck knows how we didn't score more then the 2 goals. Wish Pogba would stop with the awful run up, not a fan of him on pens anyway. Lukaku probably could have scored about 4-5 goals today, was like he was playing against children. His finishing has been way off but still got the 2 goals and his overall play was far better today, so that's good.
Rashford looked good but then overreacted and got an idiotic red. Everyone pretty decent at worst, thought Shaw, Lukaku and Lingard were my 3 stand outs.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Much better performance. Could've easily been 4-0 if we put away the pen and the Rom one on one.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
How did we play? Missed it because i was watching the Dublin match.
We were excellent in the first half and okay in the 2nd. Could've won by about 4 today if we were just a little more clinical and we were denied a clear penalty.

redom

Think I enjoyed the last 20 minutes more than the rest of the game, we played some good counter attacking football and it's just a shame Lukaku couldn't grab his hattrick.

Revolutionary new tactic; start the game with 10 men and blow the league away, you read it here first!!

Eddy_JukeZ

We should have scored at least 5 goals.

Very frustrating finishing.

Good win to get back on track. Hopefully it kick-starts us.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Tthat was an excellent and much needed performance against an admittedly bang average Burnley side.

Lukaku was superb as a lone front man, even accounting for the few big chances he missed.

Luke Shaw looks a new man, and Sanchez was far improved. Far better second half despite the pen from Pogba too.

Needed that

RedDevilRoshi

- Dominated them even with 10 men.
- Should've won at least 5-0
- Bardsley is still a cnut and should've been sent off.
- Mee should've been off for handball.
- John Moss is fecking dreadful.
Pretty much this

MuranoLover

Solid win , the better team for the whole match even with 10 men.

Mou looks angry and ready for battle and I think the team is behind him and played for him , just not sure where Pogba's head is .

Lukaku still missing sitters is a bad thing for us .

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Not the worst waste of 2 hours I'll have to suffer this season.

Stactix

Good performance, Lukaku despite his misses was immense.

Moss was a laughing stock towards the end.
Rashford idiot but Bardsley should of been off.

extincti fugax hominum

Probably should've scored more. Shaw (again), Alexis, Lingard were all very good. Lukaku scored twice but should be better with his finishing. Pogba should be better with his play too.

Get In Scholesy

We were in cruise control and won 2 nil. Great result.

However, the state of the officiating this league is abysmal. Jon Moss is one of the poorest in the league.

Beardsley should have been off, Rom should have had a pen, the handball at the edge of the area called a throw in. Absolutely piss poor.

Let’s build on this result!

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Fellaini MOTM, immense performance helping that battered low confidence defense. Other than Matic, everyone had a decent performance.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
At least we can go into the break with a win under our belts. Rashford needs a clip round the head. He's young, but he's been around in the top flight long enough now to know what to do and what not do. We're 2-0 up - getting yourself sent off is petulant irregardless of what that twaty Bardsley did.

Impressed with Shaw, Fellaini and Pogba and to an extent Lingard and Lukaku. The latter once again missing the big chances. Needs to be more clinical.

mav_9me

They had essentially no chances. And that wasn't at the expense of our attack. They were of course poor. Worse than Burnley was the ref though. The only thing he got right was the red card.

Nik70

Great performance. Even when we went down to 10 men. Luke Shaw was almost flawless. Very pleased for him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We were decent overall... Good in parts, but still a bit naff in defence. Burnley were dogshit though, which helped.

Ref was tragic. Thankfully it didn't impact the outcome

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
A good result against a poor team.
Decent performance.
Pogba and Lukaku outstanding.
Nice to see some passion.
An all-time terrible refereeing performance.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Shaw is bossing it now.

Lukaku can be wasteful and a concern as he is not clinical at times.

Rashford....a brain fart moment but for me he isn't mentally there to be a top player.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A really good three points, made more so after Rashford's sending off. The referee was awful, should have sent off Mee, should have given us two penalties. However, knowing the referee is a tool why give him the chance to send you off?

If there are any doubts the players are playing for the manager battling to the win with 10 men should dispel that. However, there was more to the performance than that. For the first time in recent memory we looked like the kind of team Mourinho had at Chelsea and Madrid. Special mention to Fellaini for his tactical role, to the full backs for providing width, to the team as a whole for defending well starting from centre half.

Its hard to criticise Rom after scoring the goals that won us the game but he has to improve his chance conversion. As we saw against Spurs, missing big chances can be costly. Lukaku could have had a hat-trick at the very least.

LoneStar

Comfortably in control the whole game. Think everyone played their part well. Credit to Fellaini too, thought he was very good.

Lukaku - should have scored his third after going round Hart, but had a very good game.

The front 3 that started today looked decent, possibly our best front 3 for now. Combined well and interchanged positions often. On a side note, we really need to get better at taking our chances. This could cost us a lot over the season (like it did against Spurs).

SER19

Very good, lots of positives.
Fellaini is an incredibly underrated player. Came in , slightly different role and didn’t put a foot wrong and Matic looked good where he was.

On a side note, the World Cup confirmed it for many-premier league refereeing is a bloody joke. I’m not just talking about the two stonewall red cards not given - as if that shouldn’t enough - the refs are all round horrific. Inconsistent, seem to struggle to keep pace, whistle happy for ten minutes, dead silent for the next 5. Whether it’s the attention or pressure who knows, but to a man they can’t seem to keep their heads right for 90 minutes. It’s a disaster.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Great performance, so many quality chances made. Everyone on the pitch was a clear 7/10 or better, bar Rashford who was a silly boy. Mourinho got his tactics spot on too with Fellaini being a holding midfielder mopping up the aerial attacks. Our finishing and the refereeing was the only thing preventing a big win.

Oldyella

Enjoyable game. Hints of some form returning, and the players showed a ton of fight (some a little too much...) and certainly look like they are still behind Jose.

Pogba looking a little more like his old self makes a big difference, crazily talented.

prateik

Lukaku was really good.
We really could do with more of a goal threat from the others though.
Lingard started well. Sanchez got in behind a couple of times.. but on the whole, we need the others to get at the end of the chances and not rely entirely on lukaku..

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
BBC sport slating Rashford, totally neglecting to mention Bardsley giving him afters...

Reddy Rederson

Still need to work on taking our chances when they come, but I enjoyed the game. Felliani did well today. Popped up when he was needed a lot. Shaw still playing great. Good to see his effort being rewarded.

dove

Much better, could have and should have scored more, ref was a cnut as always, wouldn't mind seeing Fellaini playing as a cover of our defence.

Andersons Dietician

Jesus Burnley were poor but I’m glad we sort of took adavantage. Could have and should have scored a lot more but overall it was a decent performance. Lukaku bar that missed opertunity was good, Pogba was also good and Shaw showing more and more that he is an attacking threat.
Overall decent enough game, Burnley gave us so much space it was inevitable.

Rashford tho, i’ll Never understand why footballers do that head to head thing. Absolutely pointless and just makes you look like a mug.

Handsome Devil

Good result to build on. Burnley were not capable of dealing another blow to us after a nightmare month, much to the chagrin of media undoubtedly.
Still annoys me that we still cannot watch every United match legally on TV in this country. Do all our noodle sponsorships count for nothing?

vidic blood & sand

Any kind of win was essential. We saw team spirit today, and that was pleasing.
Another win and the confidence will keep growing!

PS

Find those gimps that paid for the Ed banner, and burn them with fire!

Last edited:

siw2007

Yay, we won! Great first half against a poor Burnley side. They came out fighting in the 2nd but still felt we were superior. Should have been a more comfortable scoreline with the penalty but wasn't to be. I actually felt we played great with ten men, especially Pogba who was having a decent game and was fantastic with ten men. Lukaku had a great game even though he missed a few chances and Shaw was great again.

Rashford has been itching for a red all calendar year. Every match he leaves a foot in some where or gets involved in stupid situations, and it has finally caught up with him. He's a stupid boy because we were in control and he was having a good game when he came on.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 505 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Burnley 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Burnley 1:2 Man Utd