PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 02 September 2018

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
People blaming Lukaku for the 1 on 1 miss are crazy. He did very good rounding the keeper, defender just climbed on his back and pulled him down. Stonewall penalty and a red card but for fecking moron Moss.

Red Stone

I'm considering starting a GoFundMe to buy Jon Moss a pair of eyes. If we pass our target by enough I might even throw in a brain.

Devil may care

Mourinho and Fellaini are like the nightmare we can't wake up from, this will now be our go to way of setting up, with him as a hobo in a bin version of a Beckenbauer adding more sloth and more height to the play, we need Short Round to jab the club with a torch and wake things up. Burnley have relegation written all over them, we couldn't have had an easier team to play and thus keep the dark cloud for another 2 weeks as the International break splits things before we play a proper side again.

Luke Shaw and the away shirt were the only highlights of that match for me.

Apokalips

Loving this blonde lad at LB!

Overall good performance, especially considering the situation we've been in this season so far. Lukaku was a menace despite a few moments that show why he's never going to be at the very top table. Fellaini had a solid game, as did Matic and Pogba who had some sublime moments, but he needs to stop that penalty run up - hated it when he scored and hate it even more when he missed!

Sanchez looked less shit than normal, think he did alright but not sure how much of that is down to my standards for him having dropped. Rashford...I love the kid, but is this how you stake your claim for a spot? Absolutely stupid behaviour, even if you think it was a harsh red why even give the ref a chance to make such a decision? So frustrating as I just want him to kick on and become a true star!

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Phil Bardsley can go feck himself. Shithouse player who'll get away with the kick cause no one bats an eyelid as to his existence.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Very good and much-needed performance despite an absolute shitshow from Moss in the last 20 minutes. More of the same, please.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
How did we play? Missed it because i was watching the Dublin match.
Pretty well. Much better transitions, and more incisive in attack. Lukaku was a beast, Pogba had an excellent performance. Generally we controlled the match. No one played badly. Definitely not outstanding, but a vast improvement on the last few games.

To be taken with a pinch of salt, because Burnley were biblically bad.

R'hllor

Looks like mourinho hasnt lost the dressing room yet
We dont have many backstabbing cnuts in our team, most of them are still here and if they didnt down tools in LvG 2nd season ala Chelsea style, when they had free pass in January due fans being against him, dont think they are able to do anything like to JM either.

Ace of Spades

It was a fun game, the ref was shit and the score was flattering to Burnley, but none the less there was some positive things that I am looking forward to seeing develop.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We could have pasted them 6-0 today, never stopped going for it. Few of them lost their heads though, need a calming presence in this team. Overall happy with that, much better.

stu_1992

Good stuff. A lot better, though its hard to gauge how better we were because Burnley were awful. Worst team I've seen us play in a while. We should have won by a bigger margin to be honest.

Bizarre to not like give the penalty to Lukaku. He played very well and pretty much bullied them. He deserved to take it.

Some absolutely shambolic defending in that game. Rashford naive to do what he did, though it's probably the weakest red card incident I've seen. Disgrace that the scumbag Barnsley only got a yellow, though apparently even that was the for his reaction. The other shocking decision was to not award a free for handball when Lukaku was through. Probably should have been a red as well.

Prodigy24

Decent game that should have ended with a bigger margin. Finishing still needs to be improved but overall it was a good performance. As people already have stated, Fellaini was excellent and and did a lot for the defenders. Not that the defenders were bad, but he was always there winning headers and calming things down.

Stupid by Rashford, but I think the referee should have sent Beardsley off too for kicking out before the 'headbutt'.

MOTM: The away fans. Incredible from start to finish.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Lukaku needs to bottle the mindset he had for the final 25 minutes after we went down to 10 men and use that for 90 minutes every match. He was brilliant up top after that. Before that he was good at times and quiet at others.

Pogba and Fellaini both did their jobs very well. Smalling was mostly dominant and actually launched a couple of our more dangerous counter-attacks by winning the ball quickly and knocking it to one of our midfielders, and Lindelof did his defensive duties decently while also providing a couple of very good balls forward. Shaw was quieter than previous but still fairly good (he impressed more with his passing today rather than his own running).

Absolute comedy last 25 minutes. Ref lost his marbles. We played well.
Strange thing was the ref had quite a good match up until he sent Rashford off. That decision itself was fine, but pretty much everything after that he got wrong. We should have had a blatant penalty and Burnley should have had a red card themselves, plus a handful of other wrong decisions.

Smores

Good performance and showed some mental resiliency towards the end. Apart from Rashford that is.

Shame we're not allowed to be happy because our forum glory supporters say its only burnley

RuudTom83

Lacking the killer instinct! Something that can only come from the captain or leaders in the team demanding more.

Enjoyable game overall!

Same again please....

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Three points. Three bloody points.

We played well. I'm happy for Rom getting his goals, Fellaini did well defensively and the back four stood up well to the tests a desperate Burnley were able to muster in the second half. It was gratifying to see our mistakes and testing moments deriving from individual issues (Pogba, who played well otherwise, Rashford) rather than from a collective shitshow.

The ref was all over the shop in the final half hour or so. He was right to send Rashford off but Bardsley was being a twat and also looked like he put his head in too. Ben Mee should have gone twice.

If I can draw a positive from Rashford's card it's another one in the eye for the likes of Jamie Redknapp who somehow believe he should be starting every week or else looking elsewhere. He's a promising 20 year old who has not been producing of late when he's given a chance to do so. Why should Jose be satisfying every whim of a player who isn't grabbing his chances?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Mourinho at his best. Put out a physically dominating side to physically dominate a game and brute force a win. All in the face of a media onslaught. Roll on the next game

Nick7

Lukaku needs to bottle the mindset he had for the final 25 minutes after we went down to 10 men and use that for 90 minutes every match. He was brilliant up top after that. Before that he was good at times and quiet at others.

Pogba and Fellaini both did their jobs very well. Smalling was mostly dominant and actually launched a couple of our more dangerous counter-attacks by winning the ball quickly and knocking it to one of our midfielders, and Lindelof did his defensive duties decently while also providing a couple of very good balls forward. Shaw was quieter than previous but still fairly good (he impressed more with his passing today rather than his own running).

Strange thing was the ref had quite a good match up until he sent Rashford off. That decision itself was fine, but pretty much everything after that he got wrong. We should have had a blatant penalty and Burnley should have had a red card themselves, plus a handful of other wrong decisions.
Agreed. He was fine up until that but seemed to completely lose it after it. It's weird how one decision sends some refs into tailspin.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Nice to be creating chances again. Keep creating them and we will score more despite Lukaku missing chances, which he will. Also was nice to still be able to attack when down to 10. I think we are seeing evidence that the team have been doing more attacking drills during training.

Rashford was an idiot. Boy needs to grow up a bit.

UncleBob

3 points in the bag and everything is fine, Lukaku is no longer rubbish and we don't have to sack Mourinho...Until the next one...

Shame about Rashfords red card, barely have any attacking players available to come off the bench now.

MrBest

In a nutshell, lukaku scores 2, misses a sitter, rashford comes on for Sanchez despite Sanchez being our best man, but rashford wins a penalty which pogba misses because of his ridiculous run up. Game gets heated, rashford headbuts bardsley which was pretty stupid and then gets sent off. Lukaku then misses another sitter and claims he should of had another penalty. Lukaku then gets another run in but Mee outmuscles him, another wasted chance. Burnley were terrible, but we took advantage which is what we want to see. Good result, should of been 6 but questions not answered as our defence was barely tested. Roll on the next game, cannot wait for this break to be over!

MonkeysMagic

Welcome win. Lukaku really should be scoring more...his 1 out of 3 conversion rate isnt going to win us many things!

A special note for our ref today: what an embarrassment for the PL he was today. I dont mean to bodyshame anyone but how on earth in this day and age a fat cnut like him could you trusted with refreeing a professional game? After that prformance he should refreeing a non-league game let alone the PL!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Confident performance on the whole. We could and perhaps should have won the game by a far large margin, but the most important thing was stopping the rot and grabbing the 3 points. An effective response from the lads after the Spurs debacle a week ago.

Shaw and Sanchez were our best players and the most likely to make something happen in the opposition box. There is an understanding beginning to develop between them and they are both benefitting from it.

Shout out to the United away support who were like a 12th man this afternoon. The best away support in the country without a doubt.

Kag

Caught the second half and we looked pretty good. Happy days.

Lukaku should have had about five, mind.

haram

Mourinho and Fellaini are like the nightmare we can't wake up from, this will now be our go to way of setting up, with him as a hobo in a bin version of a Beckenbauer adding more sloth and more height to the play, we need Short Round to jab the club with a torch and wake things up. Burnley have relegation written all over them, we couldn't have had an easier team to play and thus keep the dark cloud for another 2 weeks as the International break splits things before we play a proper side again.

Luke Shaw and the away shirt were the only highlights of that match for me.
Verified Moaner.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Much needed win, decent performance, clean sheet, Burnley and ref shit. Luke "A New Signing" Shaw fabtasfan today, Sanchez and Fellaini also good. Lukaku manhandled that backline, impressive from him. Good and bad from Pogba, hopefully the fans and rest of team showing support for the manager forces him to keep focused

minoo-utd

Lukaku missed 3 and Pogba a pen. We need to look at those because it would have easily cost us on another day.

Moriarty

A well-deserved win. Hope we go on a run after this but the break is here and that usually breaks up continuity. Always nice to beat those twats especially at their own ground. I hope some of our away lads took a massive dump in the Bob Lord stand.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Best performance over a full game since Everton away last season I think. I hope many hysterical posters followed through on their promise not to watch the game because we are oh so boring.
Well I enjoyed that.

OldSchoolManc

Moss was dreadful. United were fantastic, as was Lukaku, Lingard and Shaw.
Pogba flattering to deceive again. Should have given the penalty to Lukaku.

J_XO

We should be talking about a 5-0 win. At least we’ve shown intent to get forward and create. Hopefully the international break doesn’t effect us

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 505 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Burnley 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Burnley 1:2 Man Utd