g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 02 September 2018

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Good performance, decent attacking football.

Can’t really think of anything negative other than not taking our chances. Never a red for me, fully expect it to be appealed successfully
No wonder our fans get called delusional.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think today there was some of that old siege mentality from everyone involved, including the fans, which can only be a good thing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good performance, decent attacking football.

Can’t really think of anything negative other than not taking our chances. Never a red for me, fully expect it to be appealed successfully
Can't see that happening, bearing in mind Richarlison did similar recently, albeit with more of a neck twitch.
Bardsley did similar back straight after though, as well as the kick out, so he's done very well to stay on. I suspect the ref missed the kick out.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That's not how we should be playing football, we used to have Carrick in that role and now we have a huge lump who can barely pass it five yards sideways, we basically have Fellaini in the role Jorginho is playing for Chelsea, it's ludicrous.
It's not Fellaini's fault. He is one of the rare players in our team we can count on to try and be at his (limited) best in most matches. You can never criticize a player for that

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Overall good performance. Some unintelligent stuff but did the job. Shaw standing out for me. He's the spark and I think it helped Alexis.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's not Fellaini's fault. He is one of the rare players in our team we can count on to try and be at his (limited) best in most matches. You can never criticize a player for that
Yeah, if Pogba puts in half the effort that Fellaini does in his game, he'll be the best midfielder in the world right now.

Fellaini for all his failings, never lets the team down when it comes to effort. It's the rest of his game that just doesn't meet the standards that we should be having.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
@Devil may care. Look, I get that you don't care but why go from thread to thread with that negativity? People get tired of it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah, if Pogba puts in half the effort that Fellaini does in his game, he'll be the best midfielder in the world right now.

Fellaini for all his failings, never lets the team down when it comes to effort. It's the rest of his game that just doesn't meet the standards that we should be having.
Exactly. If I'm pissed off it's at Mourinho for giving him so much importance but very rarely at Fellaini

Irrational.

Hopefully this result kickstarts our season. We looked sharp, as much as Burnley were shit.

Watford showed us how its done, but hopefully we can show Spurs how its done next game.

Happy to see the fans backing Jose as well.

I'm fed up of refs screwing us over - seems to happen every game.

Also ex-United players who clearly have a chip on their shoulder just playing like pricks. The Phil Bardsley's and Danny Simpson's of this world usually play like arseholes against us, whilst retreating into their shit shells against the rest of the teams.

el3mel

Agree.

Players like Pogba and Martial seem to put about 50% of their efforts in the game even when they can and should put more and they would be class. I love and respect Fellaini. He's the perfect United mentality. Got booed and hated by fans but always gave his 100% which is actually quite good when used properly.

dove

That's not how we should be playing football, we used to have Carrick in that role and now we have a huge lump who can barely pass it five yards sideways, we basically have Fellaini in the role Jorginho is playing for Chelsea, it's ludicrous.
You are just something else. Instead of enjoying the win after a solid performance and letting everyone else do it as well, you go from thread to thread spouting absolute BS. Are you OK?

jem

Whatever, I don't care about the Caf's childish labels. Mourinho is the bus from Speed, no matter how long you drive in circles in the end it will drop below 60 and blow up, all these nothing results over shite sides do is give the delusional the idea that somehow it's going to turn around and the bomb will be defused, it wont be, how anyone could enjoy that football today is beyond me, it was crap against a team that might as well start thinking about the championship, nothing more than functional dreck.
The kind of results that we too often failed to get last year; the kind that, had we taken them, gotten us much closer to City (think West Brom, Newcastle, Brighton, Huddersfield.)

Treble

Didn't expect such an easy win. Well done, very solid performance.

Devil may care

@Devil may care. Look, I get that you don't care but why go from thread to thread with that negativity? People get tired of it.
I posted in this thread, the Mourinho thread and the Luke Shaw thread, if people didn't reply to me I wouldn't reply back, I'm just giving my view, no one responds then I wont repeat it.

Tango80

Pogba still not doing enough, but everyone else really good improvement. Especially from the back 4. They deserved their clean sheet.

Ref had a stinker.
Yep - I was more please with the defence than anything. For all the stick they get about not being good enough - they clearly are. Just lacking in confidence a little.

Devil may care

You are just something else. Instead of enjoying the win after a solid performance and letting everyone else do it as well, you go from thread to thread spouting absolute BS. Are you OK?
As long as Mourinho is manager there's nothing to enjoy, it's all the same under him, I don't know how people can't see that, getting giddy because we beat a relegation side instead of having an honest opinion, I don't get that.

joleb

1. Lukaku wasted at least 2 clear and easy chances
2. The team is playing well, structured and disciplined.
3. The only player whom i feel isnt giving his 100% is Pogba. I think his head is somewhere else.
4. Fellaini's role was very important and he deserves some recognition.
5. Ref did a couple of mistakes.
6. We lost Rash for the next 3 games, so i guess Martial will have a chance.

ash_86

Missed the match today. Looks like we've played quite well. Happy with that!!

MUFAN79

We will be back on track once we pull off about 3 or 4 of these. This was a "we need to win to take the pressure of Jose and the squad" performance.
Yep Raoul, you're right about that. Hopefully this win will kick start us now.

haram

It was one game. Your constant moaning is what's ludicrous. Fellaini had specific instructions and played a very good game yet you’re still crying.

Carolina Red

Staff
1. Lukaku wasted at least 2 clear and easy chances
2. The team is playing well, structured and disciplined.
3. The only player whom i feel isnt giving his 100% is Pogba. I think his head is somewhere else.
4. Fellaini's role was very important and he deserves some recognition.
5. Ref did a couple of mistakes.
6. We lost Rash for the next 3 games, so i guess Martial will have a chance.
One of those mistakes cost Lukaku one of those chances.

Rake

It was like a SAF game. Burnley came out like the match was already lost. They didn't press us and gave us enough time on the ball. I reckon we won't see more than 3-4 such games until the end of the season.

Still, it was a decent professional performance.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Back to basics as was required, a solid base with Fellaini and Matic protecting the back 4 instead of the likes of Pogba and Fred going awol.

Burnley are poor and could very easily go down this season. Like us last season their points total was better than performances deserved.

CM

I think it was a good fixture to have following the Spurs match. Burnley haven't been very good at all this season, as shown by the fact we should've scored 3 or 4 today despite the missed penalty and red card.

I think the Watford game will give a much better indication of where we're really at.

dove

As long as Mourinho is manager there's nothing to enjoy, it's all the same under him, I don't know how people can't see that, getting giddy because we beat a relegation side instead of having an honest opinion, I don't get that.
Yeah that's the problem. People like you just hate the manager and doesn't matter how we play, win or lose you will bash the team anyway. I don't see anyone getting "giddy" here btw. Just people who can see with open eyes as it was a solid away win, should have scored 3 more goals if anything. You are the only here who seems to have watched a different game, or not watched it at all.

beergod

Good result.

Rashford is going to get kicked for months now that he shown you can get a reaction out of him.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Back to basics as was required, a solid base with Fellaini and Matic protecting the back 4 instead of the likes of Pogba and Fred going awol.

Burnley are poor and could very easily go down this season. Like us last season their points total was better than performances deserved.
They will stabilize now that they are out of Europe. their tiny squad was really dying under its weight

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's done that fecking thing with Fellaini since he's gotten here, just put him on ignore, nothing missed anyway, terrible content 99% of the time.

Gasolin

A team plays 2 lines of 4 and a third line in defense and you think there’s more to get? The only thing more to get was for the goals on the chances and that’s it. It’s those points we needed last year and we will need to go and grab them too. I want Jose to succeed now, the craziness has gone to far. We didn’t like him when he was at Chelsea but right now, we need him and the team to go get the points. Every single one of them.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 505 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Burnley 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Burnley 1:2 Man Utd