PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 02 September 2018

Devil may care

Yeah that's the problem. People like you just hate the manager and doesn't matter how we play, win or lose you will bash the team anyway. I don't see anyone getting "giddy" here btw. Just people who can see with open eyes as it was a solid away win, should have scored 3 more goals if anything. You are the only here who seems to have watched a different game, or not watched it at all.
@Red Katie

Devil may care

A team plays 2 lines of 4 and a third line in defense and you think there’s more to get? The only thing more to get was for the goals on the chances and that’s it. It’s those points we needed last year and we will need to go and grab them too. I want Jose to succeed now, the craziness has gone to far. We didn’t like him when he was at Chelsea but right now, we need him and the team to go get the points. Every single one of them.
I said it was crap to watch, as it was IMO, nothing more or less.

reddevil702

We will be back on track once we pull off about 3 or 4 of these. This was a "we need to win to take the pressure of Jose and the squad" performance.
I think a win against Watford and the pressure will be off due to their current form. Also the confidence of the squad will be huge going into the CL tie and the a weak schedule in Sept.

James Peril

Good game and focus against a very poor team, but you always have to beat what’s in front of you. Created chances and scored two goals, should have been four, but it’s all good when Spurs lose their game against Watford.

DDG - 6 (not much action)
Shaw - 7 (great touch, two shots)
Smalling - 7 (won battles)
Lindelöf - 6 (decent enough, no tests)
Valencia - 6 (could contribute more)
Sanchez - 7 (created a lot)
Pogba - 6 (missed penalty is -1)
Matic - 6 (little action, stable)
Fellaini - 7 (shielded very well)
Lingard - 6 (wasteful)
Lukaku - 8 (scored twice, wuhu)

Rashford - 1 (five years old)
Herrera - 6 (great shield to have)

Devil may care

We could have won 6-0 today and you would be posting the same old shite. You’re a joke.
No, if we'd played good football I'd have said so, that was basic, functional football against a side that will likely be relegated, I don't get what there is to celebrate about that,that's all.

dove

He's done that fecking thing with Fellaini since he's gotten here, just put him on ignore, nothing missed anyway, terrible content 99% of the time.
Yeah, I guess it's time to do it. I can bet he is some WUM City fan.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Decent performance in places. Actually expected more after the last result, but Burnley were so poor it was hard to make it look like anything other than a stroll

A decent Luke Shaw is such an upgrade on Young it's like a new signing. I don't dislike Young but having an actual left back makes a massive difference to the team.

Lingard seems to have become more skillful. Probably something to do with the silly new hair. Lukaku needs to stop missing open goals. Still not sure what planet Pogba is on. Sanchez is another who makes a big difference. Again I like Martial, but Sanchez will actually go looking to get involved and try to make things happen, rather than wait for the game to come to him.

Rashford needs to snap out of his moody Ronaldo phase.

Burnley's best player was the ref and they look like they want to be relegated. When you need help from the ref multiple times to lose 2-0 you are in trouble.

Out of interest, why do the laws that be deem headbutts worse than kick outs? Both seem as bad as each other to me...
Because they don't. England just has terrible referees.

The kick from Bardsley was violent conduct and should have also been a red. Probably now Moss will try to pretend he didn't see it and booked him for being headbutted.

The Burnley player diberately saving the ball off the pitch when lukaku was through is an even harder one to explain. He clearly saw it happen as he gave the throw. So he just decided to pretend it wasn't deliberate...the player's arm just fell onto the ball and then involuntarily slapped it forcefully away...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Indeed. I'm laughing at a Jose Mourinho hater lying to themselves that Burnley are likely to be relegated:lol::lol:
The size of their squad going out of Europe is probably the best thing for them. Shame they didn't get through for their fans as it would have been nice for them to go to different place, but think it is for the best. If they had progressed I would have been seriously concerned for them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Decent performance in places. Actually expected more after the last result, but Burnley were so poor it was hard to make it look like anything other than a stroll

A decent Luke Shaw is such an upgrade on Young it's like a new signing. I don't dislike Young but having an actual left back makes a massive difference to the team.

Lingard seems to have become more skillful. Probably something to do with the silly new hair. Lukaku needs to stop missing open goals. Still not sure what planet Pogba is on. Sanchez is another who makes a big difference. Again I like Martial, but Sanchez will actually go looking to get involved and try to make things happen, rather than wait for the game to come to him.

Burnley's best player was the ref and they look like they want to be relegated. When you need help from the ref multiple times to lose 2-0 you are in trouble.

The kick from Bardsley was violent conduct abd shoild hace also been a red. Probably now Moss will try to pretend he didn't see it and booked him for being headbutted.

The Burnley player diberately saving the ball off the pitch when lukaku was through is an even harder one to explain. He clearly saw it happen as he gave the throw. So he just decided to pretend it wasn't deliberate...the player's arm just fell onto the ball and then involuntarily slapped it forcefully away...
Pretty sure the booking he did get was for the scuffle afterwards, not the kick out.

But being Burnley, who no one cares about, the press won't make a thing of it, and it'll be forgotten.

AndyJ1985

An okay performance against a terrible team. Its good to see Lukaku finally score.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Should have been 5.

Trust Hart to have his first good game this decade against us

Ah well, a wins a win. Hopefully we'll kick on now.

An okay performance against a terrible team. Its good to see Lukaku finally score.
He scored like 2 weeks ago bud.

subotai

I was happy with the attacking football today. Looked like a continuation of some parts of the game against Spurs.

Disguised movement through the defensive lines, a good way to break down resolute defenses.

I think we've been trying to do this since 2013 when maybe the rest of the league started parking big busses when United came to town. Maybe they were already, but, with SAF at the helm the busses were easier to navigate.

Great showing from Lukaku, Shaw again looked good in my opinion.

Alabaster Codify7

Decent 3pts, really needed that.

A more clinical team would've put 6 past them today, they were abysmal defensively. Was good seeing Lukaku bullying and terrorising their centre halves, but how on earth he didn't get a hat-trick or more is beyond me. A pet peeve of mine is that stuttering penalty run-up (not just Pogba, anyone who does it) - just pick a fecking corner and take the kick for Christ's sake. It just screams of indecisiveness.

Everyone played well, for the most part. Lindelöf not making a howling mistake is apparently a 'good performance' nowadays so that speaks volumes of him as a player - I just have no trust in the lad, he doesnt instill any confidence in me at all.

Anyway, very solid win and good to see the lads rallying. Rashford's an idiot.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Pretty sure the booking he did get was for the scuffle afterwards, not the kick out.

But being Burnley, who no one cares about, the press won't make a thing of it, and it'll be forgotten.
The thing is the kick was very clear, so if none of the officials managed to see it that's a concern in itself.

Like missing the handball then giving a much less clearhandball against Pogba about 20 seconds after.

Either he was seeing these things and ignoring them or his awareness is so poor he shouldn't be refereeing.

Shiva87

Pogba still not doing enough, but everyone else really good improvement. Especially from the back 4. They deserved their clean sheet.

Ref had a stinker.
I thought he had a very good game, bar the penalty miss. Also liked how didn't go into hiding after missing it.

Water Melon

Solid performance, meant a lot to Jose, well done. No major injuries during the international break, hopefully.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The thing is the kick was very clear, so if none of the officials managed to see it that's a concern in itself
If it was for the kick, i'd like to know how they judge that a yellow not the obvious red.

Rashford should have gone down clutching his leg. For one, it'd have let the red mist go down, and two would have pressurised the ref. We have to play the game at times.

simplyared

Didn't see the game so can't have any say on it. From what I'm reading however seems like Burnley were pretty bad. Don't want to take any of the joy out of the win though so happy with the 3 pts If ever we needed a win it was today and we delivered. Pity though our latest signing (Fred) wasn't a part of it. Hope he will have learnt something from seeing the team win as he is far from the finished product imo. Which in itself is
cause for a little concern.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I thought he had a very good game, bar the penalty miss. Also liked how didn't go into hiding after missing it.
Pogba can't win at times.
If he's trying the risky creative, magic if it works stuff, he'll cop flack, and if he has a game like today, where he was disciplined, and played an excellent game for the team, he'll get moans for that.

Hercules

The kick from Bardsley was violent conduct and should have also been a red. Probably now Moss will try to pretend he didn't see it and booked him for being headbutted.

I'm pretty sure you slated a lot of our teams back in the past but that is just....spot on.

Fergietime@99

My take from the game-
  • Shaw continues his good form. If he can continue like this for another month, give him a new contract
  • Fellaini did very well
  • Pogba is consistently inconsistent
  • Sanchez played fairly well got a very good assist
  • Lukaku had a brilliant match. Could have been 10/10 had he converted his 1v1s
  • Rashford showing us he can do what mbappe can
  • Mourinho got his team set up spot on

Reddevildans

This was a complete performance for me. Good result and good performance. Created bagful of chances and played some decent football. Shaw, lindelof and felliani were great.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Quite amazed to see that Mourinho haters are still trying to convince people that this was somehow a bad performance. I bet some were actually disappointed to see the team win.

We were very good today and pleased to see that we can play like this.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If it was for the kick, i'd like to know how they judge that a yellow not the obvious red.

Rashford should have gone down clutching his leg. For one, it'd have let the red mist go down, and two would have pressurised the ref. We have to play the game at times.
Yeah Rashford reacted like an idiot. It's 2-0 and he's just kicked you. You can possibly get him sent off and waste time without even being a cheat.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
United bullied Burnley on every part of the pitch. This still won't shut sour Souness.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Quite amazed to see that Mourinho haters are still trying to convince people that this was somehow a bad performance. I bet some were actually disappointed to see the team win.

We were very good today and pleased to see that we can play like this.
Not read the comments yet, but I assume there'll be a lot of posts claiming Burnley were rubbish rather than United being on their game.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Not read the comments yet, but I assume there'll be a lot of posts claiming Burnley were rubbish rather than United being on their game.
Yes that’s the narrative for Jose haters.

walsh

Solid performance against an average side. Was much needed and the team looked focused and confident. Lots more to come hopefully.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 505 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Burnley 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Burnley 1:2 Man Utd