PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 12 January 2021

SER19

Another showing of guts and composure. Another player popping up to win it. You can tell this squad is loving it these days.

Jev

I hate that we're so nervous when defending a lead but that was a strong performance until the last 10 minutes. Had Burnley pinned back for the entire second half until the goal and created more than enough to score a couple. Looking good at the moment, buzzing for Sunday.

Wheato

Pogba again dragged us through that game. He is starting to show his ability and desire.

always_hoping

Hard earned and well deserved win. Nervy ending but let's be honest United totally controlled that 2nd half. Pogba and Bailly outstanding. Only black spots was the injuries to Matic, Martial.

Top of the league for the first time since September 2017 and top in January for the first time since 2013.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Bailiy was top class, it just shows the quality of our squad when we can rely on Bailiy to put on such performance. Pogba didnt surprise me as I have always stated that he was world class despite lots of fans on here saying other wise.

However, if Burnley had not skip shooting practice, this could have been a draw. I don’t expect liverpool to be less clinical against us, so we can’t put on a similiar tactical performance. Rashford was also great and I expect his contribution to go unnnoticed.

Yakuza_devils

The correct score is 2-0. Pogba and McGuire goals.

Martial should have at least add another 2.

siw2007

We are top of the league!!!

Great result in what was a tough battle. 1st half was iffy but we were comfortably the better team in the 2nd half and deserved to win. Pogba really turned it on in the 2nd half and gets MOTM, but impressed by the whole defence, especially Bailly. Too many VAR calls for my liking, they were 50/50 in the end so evened out but could have been different if the calls swayed one way or the other.

Still, the team have made great strides since losing to Arsenal. It’s a great feeling to be back at the top, let’s use this as motivation to stay there.

dal

Pogba was definitely man of the match and you have to say Ole is managing him way better than Mourinho as at least he tries.

The problem with Pogba is concentration and always will be however as he’s leaving in the summer he’s focused, I’ve said it before he will get us a big fee, if he gets us the league aswell even better.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Showing some diversity in performances now. Fernandes and Rashford were shite, yet we still won.

Maguire is on form and looks much better with Bailly. Pogba stepping up when needed.

We are a strange team, but we have a lot of match winners, and it's working.
No question about that. God almighty, they give me heart palpitations.

Godfather

Most satisfying. Even more so as two of the most criticized players on here (mostly from the top red brigade) absolutely shone.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Were gonna 1-0 our way to the title!

Watch them scouse cnuts saying the ref was crook for not sending Shaw off and giving a penalty for that "handball"

TOP OF THE LEAGUE

eire-red

A couple months ago I wanted Ole out and was sick of the sight of Pogba. I guess that's why I'm here watching the game on the couch.

Brilliant to get to the top after such a shaky start. Bring on Sunday.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Were gonna 1-0 our way to the title!

Watch them scouse cnuts saying the ref was crook for not sending Shaw off and giving a penalty for that "handball"

TOP OF THE LEAGUE
Oh yeah some people are going to be so salty and ignore that Burnley should be down to 10 and a goal down at half time.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
We should have had a goal and a red card for burnley in the first half. Was a good solid performance.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Great win and a good performance from those at the back and midfield but boy our forwards are in seriously poor form.
This. Our strikers need some confidence right now because they're fluffing way too many chances.

I hope to god Burnley go down. What a terrible team to watch.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The kind of frustrating match that would have had us flooding to the Ole out thread a few weeks ago. Because that winner wouldn’t have been scored.

This is progress.

Alemar

Slightly vertigo - as they say here - to be top of the league. Terrible game, shit referee, disgusting Burnley game style, but a Pogba won it for us. MotM without a doubt.

De Gea with zero saves got a clean sheet, which is always a good thing

pav1790

Not one to get carried away, but 17 games later being top with the start we had feels rather nice.

OLLY ORANGE

Great result, slow start, much improvement second half, deserved the win, ref didnt help throughout.
Still concerned about Rashford his all round play and effort continues to be poor, as said before he just doesnt work on the left unless the games wide open.
The team is definitely in it together which is a goog sign.
Gives us a free hit at the dippers on the weekend.

oses14

Supports
FC Dallas (USA, hardly tho)
TOP OF THE LEAGUE AND THAT'S A FACT!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little nervous about how we are going to play at Anfield. Think Maguire needs to be more reliable, he can be average on his day and when he isn't on his day he's straight crap. Kevin Friend made some dodgy calls that game and was really whistle happy in the beginning. With all that being said I do want to see McFred vs. Liverpool on Sunday.

21 is coming. UP THE REDS.

Judas

Open to offers
Deserved win. Should have been more comfortable truth be told. Pogba was fantastic in that second half, carried the threat really. Great result, onto the next one.

Robertd0803

GET. IN.THERE.

Top of the league. Incredible.

Has really been an incredible turnaround.

lex talionis

Gritty, but a fully deserved win.

Pogba MOTM easily, but oh my Bailly was immense.

Bocca9978

Great second half. That’s the Pogba we need more!
Top of the fecking league!

MonkeysMagic

The shithouses that Burnley are, getting out with a win is all that matters. Martial looked to have pulled a hammy but on current form, I think he can do with a rest. We can now go to Anfield looking for win but would settle for a draw.

Pressure now on scousers and pressure does funny things so let's hope the noisy neighbours also start wetting the bed!

Oranges038

Job done. Deserved win. Burnley are such a horrible team to play against. Still no idea why Maguire' s goal was disallowed.

De Gea had nothing to do really, Defence was good, Matic was good, Pogba was good. Martial, Rashford, and Bruno were dirt. Cavani ran around a lot but didn't see a lot of the ball.

Rashford did nothing aside from provide the ball for the goal and he did thag well, that is fair enough, but he needs to do more. Bruno should have been subbed well before he was. Martial needs to get some confidence and assurity into his finishing.

cyberman

The kind of frustrating match that would have had us flooding to the Ole out thread a few weeks ago. Because that winner wouldn’t have been scored.

This is progress.
The sort of game that City and Liverpool at their peak plays and we just know the goal is coming.
That was complete dominance until then

Chipper

Adulterer.
Really enjoyed that. Tough fought one-nils away from home are always satisfying, some of my favourite kinds of matches.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
7 November 2020EvertonA3–1Fernandes (2) 25', 32', Cavani 90+5'014th
21 November 2020West Bromwich AlbionH1–0Fernandes 56' (pen.)010th
29 November 2020SouthamptonA3–2Fernandes 59', Cavani (2) 74', 90+2'09th
5 December 2020West Ham UnitedA3–1Pogba 65', Greenwood 68', Rashford 78'2,000[21]6th
12 December 2020Manchester CityH0–008th
17 December 2020Sheffield UnitedA3–2Rashford (2) 26', 51', Martial 33'06th
20 December 2020Leeds UnitedH6–2McTominay (2) 2', 3', Fernandes (2) 20', 70' (pen.), Lindelöf 37', James 66'03rd
26 December 2020Leicester CityA2–2Rashford 23', Fernandes 79'04th
29 December 2020Wolverhampton WanderersH1–0Rashford 90+3'02nd
1 January 2021Aston VillaH2–1Martial 40', Fernandes 61' (pen.)02nd
12 January 2021BurnleyA0–1Pogba 71'0

That is a Fergie style title run at its absolute best. Slow Start and then absolutely demolish the league in form between November and February. People underestimate how important it was that Fergie teams took points over the Christmas period but that was were titles are won and lost.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 89% of 378 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 360 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw