PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 September 2023

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Got Varane and Amrabat back but lost Reguilon and Martinez.

In the future i hope two of Hannibal, Amrabat, Maino, Mount always starts in midfield, at least they can all run.
Wasn't able to watch. What happened to Reg?

Delano

Take the W and move the feck on. Hopefully we get some players back for the next game.

Banana Republic

According to ETH, Reguilon was ill but insisted on playing tonight.
He praised him for his contribution to team spirit, fighting to play when he could have stepped down for this match.

Superunknown

Win literally all that mattered today. Rashford + £50 million cheeky bid for Mbappe in January? PSG don't need money and I imagine they would love Mbappe to not go to Madrid. Starting to get pissed off with him.
We don't need another knob in the dressing room.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Win literally all that mattered today. Rashford + £50 million cheeky bid for Mbappe in January? PSG don't need money and I imagine they would love Mbappe to not go to Madrid. Starting to get pissed off with him.
Sure why not. We can also easily afford his 1m a week wages

Maniron

Kudos to Evans, a motm performance, but Bruno's finish was the difference, Burney by comparison were toothless.

At this stage of the season 3 points were all that mattered, the victory will build confidence and some much needed momentum

Samoerai Jack

According to ETH, Reguilon was ill but insisted on playing tonight.
He praised him for his contribution to team spirit, fighting to play when he could have stepped down for this match.

This guy is fighting for his life out here. Really pleased with his loan.

I've said this before but I'll say it again: having gotten used to Dutch top teams failing to break down defensive teams like Burnley for years and years, it's impressive to me how Bruno always finds a way to create a goal. That's a special quality.

lex talionis

Three points, but a grim three points. Still, three points. Time for three pints.

Von Mistelroum

I think we have found our level. If we can keep getting results like this though, we should stay up!

McTom, Rashford, Dalot terrible as usual.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Hot potato ball isn’t a fun game to watch. Do our players even enjoy football? Make it look so difficult out there.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Better energy, still lacking on quality.

Hojlund still has some learning to do, gave the ball away far too cheaply in good positions.

Scott is still crap.

Mejbri good, but immaturity in possession sometimes - very Bruno like to be honest.

Overall, we take that and run.

Lost bear

NINE points behind City already?? Ugh!
For me it’s not worth even considering competing with City this season. I just want the team to learn to play together, the Glazers to feck off at last and ETH to deal with Rashford. Little steps. Or big ones.

Banana Republic

Positives apart from the win and hopefully a positive effect on team spirit.

Hannibal acquitted himself very well.
Nothing spectacular, but he worked hard and looked like he stuck to his task and did his job.
ETH should have no qualms about using him, when appropriate.

Jonny Evans will have got a confidence boost.
That’s important, because with our injury issues and Varane being made of glass, he could be called upon a lot more than we expected at the start of the season.

There was a lot more team spirit on display, despite a really poor performance overall.
Rebuilding team spirit and a fighting mentality is key to us rescuing anything from this season.

Onana having a clean sheet and making a lot of confident saves.
He’s our no.1 and has to get over any negative feelings resulting from our early games.

Not much else to get excited about tonight.
Move on…..

Last edited:

Infra-red

Did well to cling on for the three points after they dominated for large spells. We're currently 12th in the league for average possession and Burnley had 65% of the ball in that 2nd half - I know EtH wants us to be a transition team, but I do have concerns about how poor we are at keeping the ball.

Duncan the Great

Literally nothing good to say about the game. I'm seriously starting to have my doubts about ten hag, the football is absolutely shit.
Literally nothing good to say about the game. I'm seriously starting to have my doubts about ten hag, the football is absolutely shit.
This is now Ten Hags team, he's had long enough, and the end result is a load of crap. Okay, they are missing chances, but this doesn;t mean that everthing else is right. No fluidity, no composure, no pace and very little improvement from when he took over. Surely there must be someone who won't find the job too big.

Fts 74

I mean who would have thought it would be a disjointed performance when there’s literally a full XI out injured?

The Caf crowd are a strange bunch.

Played Bayern away Wednesday. I’ll take three points and move on. No drama.
Absolutely.

pascell

A 10 Man City play much better than us with 11 men.
Congratulations to them.

Why bother posting this just to shit on the team, does it make you feel happier?

We're in a slump of form, it's evident we tried being to shore it up at the back tonight and this won't be the last time. I'd say the next two games are going to be gritty performances in which we grind out wins, then we'll try and open it up a bit more.

Man of the Match

Jonny Evans image Jonny Evans 48% of 313 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw