g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 September 2023

Erics_Collar

I hate watching us play. It's not enjoyable at all.

I look forward to this all week, and then it's such a shit experience when it actually comes around.

Chumpsbechumps

Hopefully kick on from here assuming no more injuries.

The win was all that mattered, sometimes you need these horrible wins to get back on track.

Castia

Wasn’t a classic but that was a high pressure game with a lot of negativity around the club so it’s a massive 3 points

Shout out to Hannibal he looked very comfortable in midfield

saivet

Comfortable enough as they didn't really threaten but that was far from impressive. Possession isn't the be all and end all but it does feel a bit unsatisfactory to have 39% possession against Burnley.

The Dane

Important. Mejbri and Evans did good and a beautiful goal by Bruno. One step at a time we will get there.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
A less meaningful win than Chelsea's versus Luton

Church o Choccy

Absolutely chuffed to get the three points, from a tough away fixture, which was all that mattered today.

I will say this, I don’t know if anyone would agree with me but for me this sits alongside Wolves as comfortably our worst performance of the season (with all the mitigating factors in the shape of a ridiculous injury list). That means that in my view we have got through our two worst performances whilst picking up 6 points and keeping two clean sheets.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Forgettable game. We weren’t dogshit but we weren’t good, a moment of brilliance won it. Just glad to draw a line under the negativity and get some players back, now we can kick on.

Hannibal looked bright, Evans did well too. Finally some encouraging signs.

evil_geko

Easy game, decent result. Waiting for moaners to say how Burnley "outplayed" us just because they had more possession, truth is they had possession and done feck all with it except two chances in the first half.

Just grind out results until we have injured players back.

Superunknown

Glad we came away with the victory. Should be playing much better than this, however. I'm really worried about our goal scoring. We're going to score less than last season.

cyberman

Great result. Had to really grind that out with the team we had available. Couldn’t ask for much more.

RedDevilRoshi

It was simply all about the result tonight and job well done. Massively needed. Hope we can build on this now.

Bobski

Had to win, they worked hard tonight, it was scrappy and messy but with the players available people are expecting too much, it was a scratch team.

Cantona in disguise

Poor result and performance. I'll take three points but 1-0 is not good enough.
You don't just turn form on and off you have to play your way into form. United are in poor form a few 1-0 wins and they will start to play better football

Woodzy

Shit first half, comfortable second half. Still not the sort of football we should be playing against the likes of Burnley but a win is a win.

tomaldinho1

Second half very comfortable and Hojlund had two solid chances. I don’t like how we play, I get it’s a very good way to take advantage of teams who try and play their way out but we surely are at a stage where we can hold our own against promoted teams.

That said, with so many injuries there is a real lack of quality out there. A starting pair Lindelof/Evans (as good as Evans was) is not what we want to see. McT should not play for us. Dalot I thought was really poor with the ball tonight in really high risk areas.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
A win and a clean sheet. Best thing you could ask for at this point in time.

Didn't play particularly well but Burnley weren't close to creating anything after that shot that hit the post. Their tactics might work well in the lower leagues but they lack quality to make anything of that possession. Without knowing the stats I bet their CBs had the most touches on the ball followed by their goalkeeper and full back.

We just responded by doing what teams do to us. Sit and wait and press when they enter the middle of the pitch.

Someone

Something
Good 3 points. Far from where we want to be, but can't help but think if we just focus on taking our chances, we'd kill games much easier.

Get In Scholesy

Vincent, we all know you’re bald mate. feck off with the hat.

Less said about the match the better, but needed the win. Hannibal was a breath of fresh air in midfield with his energy.

ManUtd1999

Low quality, but maybe these are the games that we can win.

3 points. I’ll take that.

Longshanks

A gritty 1-0 win. Some decent defensive performances, barring the goal the least said about the attacking performance the better. Three points is three points though and it stops the rot.

Josep Dowling

Dire performance. Burnley controlled the ball the whole game. The 1-0 win will paper over the cracks. Worrying times once again. Is it too much to ask to see United controlling a game for once?

Man of the Match

Jonny Evans image Jonny Evans 48% of 313 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw