g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL L FA Premier League

Chelsea 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 November 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal donaghy

Schooled again?
Didn’t Conte lose last season at OT with Chelsea not recording a single shot on target?

There you go again talking as if a gerbil crawled up your rectum. I understand you are pissed but don’t say stupid things while you are angry.
Fair enough, I have flown of the handle and in the cold light of day, I could have chosen my words more efficiently, but you gotta admit since the last international brake our football has been tumescent, it’s a sad state given the money we have, and have also spent, that we still haven’t a left sided player of world standing, take out pogba and de gea and not one of the remaining players would make a world 11,

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
But we know José has no time for attacking FB. He's more worried about Shaw's defending than the threat he could offer going forward. That's just the manager we have.
Then he'd be better playing a basic back four and saying "don't go forward, just defend". Then we'd have another man in midfield and it'd stop Valencia racing 40 yards up the right wing before stopping and knocking it back ten yards.

This is my issue with Jose (apart from the glass halfempty mentality), I don't think he plays to the teams best abilities. Valencia isn't an attacking right back so stop him pushing up, then knocking it backwards, putting the receiver under pressure and being out of position if we lose the ball. Also, Lukaku isn't a holdup man so don't play the ball to him with his back to goal, play it into space or across the penalty area (which would need a decent winger).

fellaini's barber

I don't think any of the players I mentioned would get into our team. And I forgot to mention, Young and Smalling are also squad players in the main.
Nacho is 3rd choice CB behind Ramos,Pepe and Varane. Vasquez is behind Bale,Isco and Ascensio. The rest I'm not even sure I've watched, that's what you call squad players. Young is our first choice and probably best left back as shit as he is. Smalling is back up to which first team player? That was our best defence we put out there today, Smalling will probably get more minutes than all those players combined and you call him a squad player? You know who Madrids first team players are, you've just refused to mention a single one of them and keep comparing players who start majority of our games to Madrid players who are not even 2nd choice

Pscholes18

I dont dislike Mourinho and not asking for his firing but Im so ready for an attack minded manager....Id rather lose in style scoring goals than playing boring daft football while losing or scraping by against shite clubs.

Sigma

Nacho is 3rd choice CB behind Ramos,Pepe and Varane. Vasquez is behind Bale,Isco and Ascensio. The rest I'm not even sure I've watched, that's what you call squad players. Young is our first choice and probably best left back as shit as he is. Smalling is back up to which first team player? That was our best defence we put out there today, Smalling will probably get more minutes than all those players combined and you call him a squad player? You know who Madrids first team players are, you've just refused to mention a single one of them and keep comparing players who start majority of our games to Madrid players who are not even 2nd choice
Pepe doesn't play for Madrid anymore, he plays for Besiktas.

Nacho is our Smalling
Lingard is our Vasquez

We lack quality, but we aren't that far behind. Like I said, we have the same number of points in the same number of games as Real Madrid this season - in a harder league.

Bwuk

Just awful.

It's embarrassing how bad our back 4 are with the ball. Chasing a game and none of them had the bollocks to take responsibility and knock it up the park.

Only Matic, Rashford and De Gea played well, everyone else poor.

Zlatattack

I didn't see the match but the highlights made it look like a hard fought match. Chelsea deserved the points though. The goal was special but did annoy me. Someone on the cafe predicted that cross from deep/header in the pre match thread.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Jose was starting to get some people worried before the Spurs game and then when we edged it, it seemed to quiet down some of the concerns. We could have easily lost against Spurs though.

It was pretty interesting to see Jose persist with Mkhi today, presumably in the hope of a moment of magic, when he's been an absolute passenger of late. The reaction to Chelsea midfield dominance was far too late.

Definitely think we are moving in the right direction, think that much is obvious, but not as good as we maybe thought at the start of the season. Not good enough to win the title yet. Midfield needs addressing, Matic has been playing one man midfield ever since Pogba got injured, and it shows badly.

r0663664

Worships Man City
No shot at title unless Jose pulls a rabbit out of his hat. I guess Jose needs 1 more season to address our weakness but I am not sure if 1 more is enough. His tactic is outdated, would having more players help his cause? I don't think so. I think only Potchetino can outwit Pep. Maybe a change in coach?

Ban

No shot at title unless Jose pulls a rabbit out of his hat. I guess Jose needs 1 more season to address our weakness but I am not sure if 1 more is enough. His tactic is outdated, would having more players help his cause? I don't think so. I think only Potchetino can outwit Pep. Maybe a change in coach?
Sure Poch will jump right in when we call him. I think we have been changing coaches a bit too much last few years.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Post match against Chelsea, let's go:

Today we lost unfortunately to a side who wanted it more than us and were superior in large periods of the game.

The game was won in midfield where the Chelsea players were clearly more organized and were able to link defense to attack better than us.

Saw plenty of posts here where it seems as we were expected to win easily, people forget Chelsea were last year's champions.

On paper, they have a very very solid team which suffered some setbacks this season mainly due to the absence of their midfield General Ngolo Kante. With him in the team, Chelsea have one hell of a midfield, backed up by a very good goalkeeper, a good defense and a really good striker who we wanted at some stage during the summer, so wake up, we were playing a top side today.

Our team has been built this year around Pogba and with him being injured, our performances have dropped dramatically, chances created per game went down from 14 to 7, average goals per game from 3 to 1.6.

What was really obvious since the 20th minute onward is the fact that the Chelsea midfield, particularly Fabregas, started to enjoy their game and gained full control in that area.

We couldn't build up properly and we kept on hoofing the ball forward and losing possession so easily.

From a defensive point of view, our defense is actually pretty good, backed up by a top top goalkeeper. Any defense can concede at any point, what's more important is how the team responds to being a goal down. We did not respond properly and that has cost us the game.

As much as I respect Mourinho with him being our coach and the ridiculous amount of trophies he's won, something is just not right. For a manager of the biggest club in the world, you would expect a better preparation for such a game.

Our approach in midfield was terrible to be fair, the trio of Herrera, Matic and Mkhitaryan isn't gelling properly and that has been evident for quite some games now, we did not strengthen properly in that particular area, we cannot simply hope to have Pogba playing well and free of any injury all season long.

My main disappointment honestly is with Mkhitaryan, Lukaku and Valencia. Mhki hasn't been playing well at all and for someone of his qualities you would expect better passes and at least a better defensive contribution.

Lukaku started well with us this year but he's been off form. At times it felt as if we were playing with 10 men. Look at Rashford how he always tracks back and how he puts pressure on defenders.
People can say he hasn't been offered the service he needs from our midfield but he cannot simply stay up top and not drop deep to try to build up an attack.
He was out of the game most of the time and given the "untouchable" status Mourinho has given him, you would expect him to help out his teammates especially when we were being overrun in midfield.

Everytime we managed to clear the ball, he couldn't challenge for it nor even get to the ball, there was no hold up play at all and Chelsea were finding it really easy to get the ball back.
Look at how Morata dropped deep, carried the ball and got fouls here and there.
Both are great strikers but today Morata showed better work rate and was ready to do anything to help the team out, whereas Romelu was just waiting for things to happen for him on their own.

Valencia going forward is getting really frustrating to watch. It is simply unreal to have someone who can only play with his right foot and who cannot cut on his left. I love the guy but seriously how you cannot train and improve that part in you. He's our captain and we all love him but again, to justify him only using his right foot, you would expect at least decent crosses, which he doesn't do in general and particularly today he didn't even get forward properly.

On paper, we had a solid team that was capable of getting something out of the game but the players didn't turn up in midfield.

Moving forward, I wish Mourinho sorts out his ego issues and starts trusting his players more, how long will we have to sit there and watch Martial on the bench or that stupid Rashford/Martial swap (Today he finally put both together but again and again, it was pointless when our midfield was losing every ball and giving it back so easily to Chelsea)

If Romelu/Mhki arent't having the best of days, why not ease the pressure off them and try a front three of Rashford/Martial/Lingard? The three of them bring more energy to the team up front and rely on short fast passes instead of those hopeless long balls. I am not saying that trio would have won us a game like today as the issue was with our midfield, but it doesn't make any sense to keep players who already chipped a fair amount of goals/assists between them either on the bench or replacing each other. I don't personally rate Lingard much but he brings energy, he runs at defenders, pressures them, creates space for others and with Mhki's form lately, we have to give chances to different combinations until Pogba returns from his injury.

Finally, I do hope Mourinho starts appreciating the talent we have and the potential these guys have. You look at Conte at the end of the game and how he went and congratulated his players, you could see how proud he was (I do hate his over-the-top celebrations but these small things do lift players), whereas Mourinho simply walks down the tunnel (whether we win or lose) as if he finished his shift and is going back home. He really needs a change of mentality and he should starts to look happier, the board got him the players he wanted so he has no excuse, he MUST start showing more passion about managing Manchester United.

MrBest

I think people need to chill out. How many of you genuinely thought we had a shot at winning the league this year? I didn't at all and it's down to city having assembled one of the best attacking teams the premier league has ever seen. They are simply outstanding and they have the best manager in the world too. The scary thing is half there players have not even reach the peak in there careers, sane sterling Jesus.

United today were gutless but i think we will get 75 points this year which should be enough for 4th. Jose is overrated as a manager and his style is out dated. With players like martial and rashford we should be scoring a lot more and playing with more freedom.

Antonedwin

Seems none of out player can hold the ball well except pogba & zlatan

fellaini's barber

Pepe doesn't play for Madrid anymore, he plays for Besiktas.

Nacho is our Smalling
Lingard is our Vasquez

We lack quality, but we aren't that far behind. Like I said, we have the same number of points in the same number of games as Real Madrid this season - in a harder league.
Well I'd rather have Nacho and Vasuez ahead of those two as first team/squad players. I don't know what we're talking about anymore, someone listed a lot of our first team players who won't make the Madrid team, you countered by listing a bunch of 2nd/3rd string Madrid players who you felt won't be good enough for us without listing a single Madrid first team player. If Nacho is their Smalling and Vasquez their Lingard I guess that means their second team players are still better than our second team players then. And what has our position being the same with Madrid in Spain got to do with anyrhing ffs

Sigma

Well I'd rather have Nacho and Vasuez ahead of those two as first team/squad players. I don't know what we're talking about anymore, someone listed a lot of our first team players who won't make the Madrid team, you countered by listing a bunch of 2nd/3rd string Madrid players who you felt won't be good enough for us without listing a single Madrid first team player. If Nacho is their Smalling and Vasquez their Lingard I guess that means their second team players are still better than our second team players then. And what has our position being the same with Madrid in Spain got to do with anyrhing ffs
My original point is that we've been as good (actually better, statistically) than Real Madrid this season.

jem

After an encouraging start to the game, it was utterly dire from us. Mhkitaryen was absolutely useless out there - no one can convince me that he's a better option than Mata. The guy is uninspiring in the extreme. I also feel Herrera just isn't good enough. He offers zero goal threat and little in the way of playmaking, which is strange as he has shown glimpses of that previously. Now he just seems to foul/get fouled a lot, and scurry around the pitch. I love everything Young and Valencia have brought to this club, but you can't help feeling that we could probably do with upgrading both of them. As for Lukaku, it's impossible to assess him as it seems the sole approach recently is to hoof long-balls up the pitch to him, to little or no discernible effect. Fellaini had some shocking moments, but I'll put that down to rustiness. It's also time to start Martial from the outset. He's just too good to leave on the bench (he had little chance to make an impact today with the hoofball that took over.)

As for Mourinho, I'm not calling for his head, but I don't think he's done a great job so far (for me the trophies won last season are Houllier-level achievements.) I find it amusing how people felt that he had totally played Conte with his comments a few weeks back, and yet we've since lost to Huddersfield and Chelsea, so I'm not sure what positive effect these mind games are having. You say 'siege mentality'; I say 'getting his excuses in,' particularly the laughable bit about not moaning about injuries, when that seems to be all he's on about these days (which would actually be fair enough; just disingenuous to make the claims he's made.) Again, many will claim Fergie-style mind games, but as we've seen in the past with Mourinho, his relationships with his own players, management and fans often become collateral damage in his indulging his weird persecution complex. He needs to do better.

Reggie74

Little attack which seems to be creeping into our game lately. Chelsea were too quick and we hardly troubled their keeper. We don’t have enough decent players for squad rotation. It’s wonderful to be blowing lower teams off the park and our players looking like the best football talent in the world but if it can’t be done against quality opposition it means nothing.

Galactico

It was so, so frustrating watching today. Not the result, but the hoofball. Embarrassing that we are playing like a relegation side hoping we can snatch a result! We were constantly launching the ball forward and trying to win the second balls. I would like Mourinho - a top, top world class football coach - to explain to fans why we must play this way. Does he think this is the superior way football should be generally played or does he feel this is the only way we might win, based on the current squad available. I’m very concerned we will not be able to attract top players to the club with this boring and ineffective style of football. And it’s clearly not even working as we see with the Liverpool and Chelsea results.

With Fergie’s United, we were sometimes weaker than the opponent in the big games but based on our playing style and player quality, you always felt that we would have a bout of pressure and something would likely come from it. Our high intensity style often forced the opponent into mistakes, our world class players were able to produce some magic in the big games when mostly needed, our skillful wing play turning defenders and getting to the byline and delivering effective crosses encouraged our strikers to get into scoring positions. We were far more effective with corners or direct free kicks and sometimes we just came up with a moment of brilliance against the run of play, but you always sensed it was possible and likely. Today, you just knew it wasn’t coming. The opponent knew, the pundits and fans in the stadium all knew. We gave the ball away so much and so easily, and often without pressure. Our clearances were dreadful, always to an opponent. It makes you wonder how we were supposed to bombard them and force them to make mistakes if we have no way of sustaining pressure on the opponent.

Of the current first team, keep De Gea , Bailly, Pogba, Matic, Martial and Rashford. The rest, I really don’t care. I expect very little end product from all the rest. Lukaku, I will reserve final judgement on for now but he hasn’t lived up to the price tag for me so far. I know it’s harsh - but tell me, how can Lukaku @ 90 million have one of the worst first touches in the league? Some of his attempts to dribble at defenders - and seeing the resulting motion of the ball - were laughable today. Also, he is built like a brick shithouse - so why can’t he shield and hold up the ball and bring others into play? Herrera and Miki are good at doing absolutely nothing. Valencia can only put an effective ball into the box 1 time in 20 crosses. Smalling is a liability at the back and Lindelof is an automatic 1-3 points for the opponent. He won’t improve and we all know it.

I am being harsh probably. But I want us to win the league, not come second or Top 4. When you have teams around us clearly better than us, you have to improve across the board. It’s clear that players like Mata, Herrera and Miki are incapable of improving. We do not spend 90m on a striker for him to not be the finished article and to not fit our style of play.

It’s such a mess right now. Man City will only improve and will attract better players due to football style.

I’m being negative but when I see how much we’ve spent in recent years to build this squad and to resort to hoofball, it makes me cringe. I can only be negative.

vivaronaldo

I dont dislike Mourinho and not asking for his firing but Im so ready for an attack minded manager....Id rather lose in style scoring goals than playing boring daft football while losing or scraping by against shite clubs.
you realise you've just described Liverpool

vivaronaldo

got bossed in the middle - hazard and cesc killed miki and Herrera......

throw in them winning every 2nd ball and 50/50 and there you go

noodlehair

"It's like..."
What was the plan supposed to be today exactly? We were not trying to control the ball, we weren't trying to play on the break. We weren't even trying to get into an organsied defensive shape. We weren't trying to change anything so we could do any of these things.

All in all there were so many simple things wrong with howwe set up and played today, and which should have been addressed either before or during the game.

Problem is when you can't even be bothered to TRY and sort out something as fundamentally simple as taking corners properly, it's useless expecting anything else to be addressed.

It looks like just plain laziness or deliberate ignorance on Jose's part at this point. Don't moan about lack of options when you ignore blatantly obvious ones which would improve your team's chance of winning, and go into games without even having a plan.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
What was the plan supposed to be today exactly? We were not trying to control the ball, we weren't trying to play on the break. We weren't even trying to get into an organsied defensive shape. We weren't trying to change anything so we could do any of these things.

All in all there were so many simple things wrong with howwe set up and played today, and which should have been addressed either before or during the game.

Problem is when you can't even be bothered to TRY and sort out something as fundamentally simple as taking corners properly, it's useless expecting anything else to be addressed.

It looks like just plain laziness or deliberate ignorance on Jose's part at this point. Don't moan about lack of options when you ignore blatantly obvious ones which would improve your team's chance of winning, and go into games without even having a plan.
I'm quite puzzled about this game. There seemed to be no one doing the basics. Bakoyoko was waltzing past our midfielders and receiving the ball in dangerous areas all game. No tracking of runners, no pressing (Fabregas and Hazard were given complete freedom this game), aimless hoofing whenever there was a turnover.

TBH it reminded me of the City game at OT last season. Mkhi put in a very similar performance, completely invisible.

Son Of Sam

Fair enough, I have flown of the handle and in the cold light of day, I could have chosen my words more efficiently, but you gotta admit since the last international brake our football has been tumescent, it’s a sad state given the money we have, and have also spent, that we still haven’t a left sided player of world standing, take out pogba and de gea and not one of the remaining players would make a world 11,

Yes..., I agree with you that the football has been horrendous. Everyone knows this but there’s a reason the football became shit.

Matic & Herrera have nearly played in every minute since Pogba’s injury. They are down to bare bones as we speak - we cannot even let them rest cos there are no replacements.

These players didn’t just become shit all of a sudden. I have no doubt that the football will pick up as soon as Paul gets back....but there’s another international break. Maybe this time, it would be Lukaku that get hamstung or De Gea losing an eye.

We attract the injury curse more than any other club in Europe.

Baby Groot

[/QUOTE]
My god this forum is full of absolute bed wetters, we are only ELEVEN games into the season, there is a load of football to be played and anything can happen, and most you just wanna gift wrap city the title after a loss at one of our most historically difficult grounds. you lot need to grow the feck up.
Thanks, some sanity at last.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Not defending Mkhitaryan one bit. He has been shit. Jose dropped him after yanking him off against City last year and it took months for him to work his way back into the team. No idea why he's sticking with him this season except we really don't have anyone else to fill the #10 spot other than Mata who is also largely inconsistent. Perrera is gone. He wanted the move, not Jose. Let's hope he's recalled in January.

I hate hoofing it just like you and everyone else. It's infuriating to have possession, pass back and hoof it only to lose possession. However, most of the time we start playing like this it's due to our midfield not having control of the match. We hoof it to bypass our midfield as much as it is to bypass the opponents midfield. Our players look technically inept at times when making simple passes on the ground. Treating the ball like a hot potato doesn't help. Also, without Pogba we have no player to dictate the tempo of our midfield. We'll look different in midfield once Pogba comes back. Our glaring problem is lack of quality in other key areas. We resort to playing narrow because our wide players cannot cross a ball for nothing. Mkhitaryan does not do well when being pressed and that's what happens with no width. Herrera is a shadow of himself from last year.

I'll say it again, we're still relying on players from the Fergie era in key positions. Young, Valencia, Smalling, and Jones would be okay individually if surrounded by a quality squad but putting them all on the pitch at the same time is asking for a disaster. I don't care what people say about Smalling being good enough for United. He is not good enough for a team that should be challenging for the title. Neither is Young, Valencia, or Jones. Somehow Jose has managed to tighten our defense over the past two managers.
There are glaring weaknesses in the squad and is there for everyone to see but for our transfer committee and Jose. We spend 30m on a player who knows nothing about defending, we could have bought a better set of full backs. Why we are not being ruthless in the transfer market is beyond me, we won't have to look far as to how our neighbors revitalized their defence in just one window. Tough calls are needed to be made and we should be serious about January.

And regarding the midfield bypass thing, I think its a well established fact that "You win games when you win the midfield" . We could have stocked up the midfield, give a chance to Scott instead of this 3 at the back bullshit. It was clear as ice when a midfield of cesc-kante-bakayoko were out manoeuvering ours.

Jose will never learn. It has been the same story in almost every big away game, even when Pogba played last season. I am not really sure Pogba will help us as this double pivot isn't useful when you have a good for nothing player in Mkhi at #10.

I think the game at the Emirates will be similar next month, albeit them scoring more goals than Chelsea. I have zero faith in us scoring as we don't score in big away games anymore. Only ONE away goal scored against the big sides in 9 games.

ghagua

Nothing to worry about. Sign some more 6ft plus players in the summer transfer window, throw them on the pitch and let them run away with the league title with their physical ability. We saw the results in the first 6 games of the season when we steam rolled those bottom feeder clubs. Technical ability and a good attacking plan is so overrated.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
The most surprising thing to me was how many people thought you were going to waltz into Stamford Bridge and easily beat us. As football fans its important to be optimistic and get behind your team but some of the predictions I saw was jus staggering. Im pretty sure someone said United would 4-0! Those are results that nobody can reasonably predict. I know we had a terrible mid week result against Roma but I fully expected that such a poor result would simply heighten the intensity and focus we would have for this game. Not to mention you guys have never had a good record at the bridge anyways.

Mourinho must start being more brave in away games. He won the title for us in 2014/15 winning at home and drawing away against the top 6 but City has raised the bar and I'm not sure those kinda results will suffice

Baby Groot

Poor. In the Fergie era we were consistently beaten or drew at Stamford Bridge but you went into most games with a fair bit of hope. Heading into this home I'm not sure anyone really believed we'd do more than get a point, and such feelings were justified. Just lacking in ideas up front and did little to stop Chelsea.
Too be honest, we were not to shabby at the Bridge pre-Roman(that 0-5 Taiby game aside) since Roman arrival we have only recorded 2 wins.

Did anyone notice how pissed off Neville looked when questioned about what went wrong? The man looked fuming.
He's probably feeling how we all felt today.

Fridge chutney

This. I hope we get relegated, just so the moaning shitcnuts we have (well, on the Caf anyway) for "fans" can finally do what they really want and go support City's blood money assembled band of mercenaries. The median mental age here must be about 12.

On this game though, well, the first half was entertaining and even and either side could've scored. After the beak we inexplicably stopped playing and let Chelsea have the ball. Got what we deserved in the end to be honest. Still, the international break is coming at a good time for us. Time to regroup, hopefully get a couple of key players fit and really go at it in two weeks time. Still plenty of highs and lows to come before the season is over, get behind the team and maybe we'll get back to our early season form.
:lol: the unhinged meltdown in this place is hilarious every time we dare not win. I'd read threads like this and actually think we'll be getting relegated if I didn't know any better.

And we have the audacity to have Rawk and city meltdown threads.... We meltdown better than anyone.

hn4manunited

Saw the game and waited all day before posting my thoughts.

I saw two main things. One, we didn’t have the right tactics and setup today. We were constantly left gapingly open in the back. We also couldn’t play out of the back due to their pressure. We truly looked poorly set up.

Secondly, the quality of our players truly showed a level below theirs. Azpilicueta was a beast for them today as was fabregas. We simply didn’t do much in midfield. I felt for Matic today. He wanted our team to do well and he played his heart out. Mykhi and Herrera simply weren’t good enough. Mykhi truly has lost his short early season form and Herrera looked half a step too slow this season. We’re truly missing a few more pieces we need to upgrade if we were to challenge.

Losing Pogba was huge. Most people didn’t see it at first because we had fellaini helping fill the gap when he was in form. When fellaini got injured, everything went downhill. Mykhi is simply not adapting and what Jose needed out of him isn’t beating any fruit.

Fellaini looked rusty when he first came on. Had to find his feet but he created some problems and made us more dangerous in attack.

To be fair, Jose has always said he needed one more window.

SAFicus

Title over

Players terrible, need a clean out of the dross which is 75% of our team.

The team is fine, obvious areas to strengthen and certainly not the best in the league, but this isn't three three years ago just after moyes when the squad was genuinely terrible.

We have a competitive squad now and we spent a lot of money to do it too anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves with excuses.

Failures like this Chelsea game, while natural, are down to players (attitude); coaches; and management.

Ji_Maria

Everyone needs to relax. This wasn't down to Mourinho. Our players are gassed (especially in midfield, where we don't have any other players who can cover in Pogba's absence). Chelsea just played better than us, simple as that.

Look at the number of missed passes, poor first touches and losing every single 50/50 and header. Our players just played poorly (probably down to fatigue and the fact that it's Chelsea away). You can have the best tactics in the world, but if the players don't perform, it's hopeless. Especially against a team like Chelsea who have amazing pressing and control on the ball.

Water Melon

We were outplayed. The Blues were the better team. The score flattered us, could have been much worse. People also need to stop their it is the Stamford Bridge bollocks. Play better and you win. It is not some sort of a magical place cursed for everyone else bar the home team. Did not Jose himself said that the more electric the atmosphere the better it is for our players?

Denis79

A month ago, I think we'd have been happy to take 4 points from these 3 games. Liverpool away. Tottenham at home, Chelsea away. Zero net loss of goal difference.
Yup, We always struggle at Stamford Bridge and honestly we've had worse games there. Im dissapointed we lost but the reactions on here are over the top. Clearly we need a bit more optimism from Mourinho and a few more players but it's not that bad people.

Kapardin

I am angrier at the fact we lost to Huddersfield, which has made us lose ground. Otherwise, I could live with this result. Still, it was embarassing how often this Chelsea team, by far the weakest we have faced, cut us open so regularly.

Also worried about the fact that our attack is still as wank as last season. No intelligence among our forwards, no consistency. Have to hope Zlatan and Pogba can do something about it.

Ashley R1+O

Disappointing loss, even if we were shite I didn't think we were that bad in the grand scheme of things and we could easily have left with a point which would have been a great result given the circumstances. They were the better team on the night and took a fantastic chance and buried it. Oh what I bet Lukaku would give to have some service of that quality.

We'll bounce back, be patient we still have to grow. The team isn't there yet.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Beat Arsenal and City and I'll buy into the fact we just weren't at it yesterday but have in fact turned a corner. If we take less than 4 points from those games, then that might as well be title over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 493 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results