PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Chelsea

Post-match discussion

Sun, 28 April 2019

arnie_ni

Those last 15 mins were an embarrassment. Young and shaw didnt push up at all. A draw was pointless. Push up and ignore hazard and pedro. Go for broke.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fecks sake. First half was brilliant, second half just too stop start and we couldn't get any momentum with all the fouls and injuries. Bailly's ACL for sure gone. Top 4 all but gone now too. De Gea costed us today since they created absolutely feck all.

Need Arsenal to drop points away to Burnley in the last game, need Chelsea to drop to both Watford and Leicester. It's possible, but highly unlikely now.

Heinzesight

Pathetic second half. Pathetic goalkeeping.

Sad to see Ole laughing and joking with Pedro on 85 minutes as he’s about to come on.

Not even got a kitchen sink to throw at them. Did the players know this was pretty much a must-win game? It looked they they were up for it first half but second half we went back to default. Can’t stand most of the team. The decision making is atrocious. Like the constant Ashley Young throw-in to Lindelof to De Gea who hoofs to nobody must have been tried 10 times. Wank.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I'm sorry, but Martial has to come on. I dont care how shite he has been. You need a goal and your best finisher has to come on.

Instead we had Lukaku amble offside time and time again. A static and lazy Martial would have been better. At least he would trap a ball.

fergies coat

When it’s time to step up they shrivel like cowards. So sick of these players, earning millions and put in a performance like that. Get rid of the lot of them.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
No plan or direction. That's on the coaches and manager!

Players though, they don't give a shit...Some of you vastly overrate some of this lot. No movement, Lukaku blowing out of his arse after 15 minutes, Mata made a run in the 2nd half and Rashford running with his head down as always never sees him, Bailly is an idiot

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I want a manchester united badge on my grave so that they can let me down one last time

Roboc7

Would rather have lost just to really kill season off once and for all.

Be easy to blame De Gea but second half was terrible, a must win game and we had nothing.The fitness levels of this team are shocking in comparison to the top sides and even when they try it just highlights the lack of ability.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Well. Keep playing our "best" players that have failed, and expecting different result.

Red_toad

So Europa league next season and a disappointing performance once more. David De Howler needs the rest of the season off. Time to blood some of the kids, as nothing to play for now, as it's all out of our hands.

sugar_kane

A very close and exciting contest but ultimately I think Higuain is the fatter bastard of him and Lukaku.

Hawks2008

Sick to death of this team, pathetic from top to bottom.

I expect nothing and I'm still disappointed.

minoo-utd

Never seen such cowards and useless bunch of players. Cluelees manager, defend him as you like but when you fail to set up your players to have more and more chances then you are a failure. Top for was there after all we had but look what we are doing with football. Never been so disappointed with United.

MichaelRed

Yikes. Win today and it almost guaranteed us 4th. Alas, we're guaranteed 5th/6th now. No way Chelsea drop points in both their final games.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Season's over.

We need to change plenty over the summer. But I'm slightly worried about our manager the football his team has produced over the ladt few months.

When City chase the game they open up teams though good passing. When we chase a game we make desperate aimless passes forward to, or lump it in the general direction of the attackers.

We have a lot to do to catch up with the level of coachong at City and Liverpool and truth be told I don't see us bridging the gap soon

AFC NimbleThumb

How can you play a first half like that and completely drop off. It’s like 2 different teams took the pitch.
cause are team is full of bottlejobs that lose it at the smallest set back.

no excuse for any of those players now, it’s been the same all season; start well, slight set-back & we crumble.

that 2nd half given the stakes was unforgivable.

Siorac

feck this shit. I hate football.

We did okay in the first half and would have deserved to lead but it was oh so predictable that De Gea was going to let one in again. Romero should have started.

Second half can just feck off. What the hell was that? No semblance of cohesion, creativity or anything. We could barely string two passes together. Lukaku forgot how the fecking offside rule works.

We're a terrible, terrible football team.

Snafu17

Stopped giving a shit about a week ago so this isn't particularly grating.

We were good in the first half (although lacked quality in the final third) but more or less died in the second half as per usual. DDG's mistake fecked us over massively.

It'll be difficult without CL next season, especially if we can't keep certain players. Herrera is leaving as it is and we don't have any alternative for him in the squad. I doubt we will be able to get the signings we need.

It is what is.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Terrible 2nd half. Understandable Chelsea being a bit lethargic, as they just wanted to see it out at 1-1. It looked like we were happy to see out a draw too. Mental.

I thought we were very good in the first half, best we've been for a long time. Don't know what happened at half time to take the sting out of the game.

Castia

First half was decent again but wtf was we playing at second half (just like the city game)

Massive game with everything on the line and we barely put an attack together....feck the last 2 games now I couldn’t give 2 shits.

Devil77

Wrong keeper, wrong subs, bad second half. Our players look absolutely lost when attacking. So many stupid mistakes in the second half. The only level headed player was subbed when we needed some cool heads. Rojo should be glad he wasn’t red carded. We blew a great chance today.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
City beat that shower 6-0

Just saying.

We are a decade behind them, and that is if we start making good decisions from this summer onwards. The balance of power began to shift in summer 2009 when we sold Ronaldo and didn't replace him. They brought in Silva, Aguero & Toure all within 2 years of that and haven't looked back since.

MadMike

Chelsea did feck all. DDG gifted them that game and the CL.
Game summed up. I don't know why people complain about the second half. Chelsea sat to see the game out. Injuries disrupted the rhythm and we'#re not at the most penetrative atm.

space

Thank god this season is done now at least. Drop them all, that second half was a fecking disgrace. Thank feck we missed out in a way, maybe some the mercenaries will feck off. All of them were shite today barring Bailly, Herrera and McTominay. Lukaku had one or two good moments but he was so bad in the second half that it doesn't Mata

Ole should have dropped DDG.

lewwoo

Nothing to say that hasn't been said before. They looked like they couldn't give a shit today though. You would think there would be some effort to get top 4.

Fooza

Disgraceful

The players performances summed up by OLE smiling and clapping at the end. Didn't mean much to them. Pathetic

RedDevilRoshi

Woeful, spineless and just overall s****

Pathetic 2nd half performance. No urgency whatsoever. Was like as if we had the game already tied up and won.

48 hours

Second half was absolutely pathetic. A must win game and we look as interested as a vegan at a BBQ

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 362 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:1 Chelsea
  • 15% Man Utd 2:0 Chelsea