PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Chelsea

Post-match discussion

Thu, 28 April 2022

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We've become irrelevant and watching us is boring - I never thought I'd say that. Huge chunks of games pass the players by without them doing anything of note. It's so depressing.

That said, considering the amount of pressure we were under (especially for the first hour), Varane and Lindelof were very good. In fact, Lindelof would be close to outfield player of the year for me. But wow, we need new full backs (something I've been saying for ages except for that period last season when Shaw looked good). Jones was perfectly OK when he came on and looks better than Maguire right now...

Elsewhere, Bruno needs a long rest so that next season we can see if he was just a flash in the pan. I'm afraid Rashford has to go while we can get money for him and almost no one should be guaranteed a start in the opening game of next season.

We all know we need two fullbacks, at least two midfielders (Pogba is gone, I have no doubt) and two goal scorers.In addition, I'm not sure how DDG will fit into ETH's method of football - sadly these days, goalkeeping is about a lot more than stopping the ball going into the net.

I'm sure most here will make Ronnie MoM but actually he was pretty quiet - mainly because he was starved of chances by a woefully inept midfield. I reckon he'd have had another hat trick if he had been playing for chelsea

GueRed

We looked miles behind Chelsea.
Thankfully they weren't clinical around our goal.

Matteh

Quite surprised at some of the reaction here. I was at the game last night and felt like we were the better team of the two aside from the woeful defending. Would have picked us as more deserving of a second goal.

I didn’t really feel like anyone played an absolute shocker. Still too many anonymous performances but I feel like an anonymous performance is still at least a step up from a shambolic one. People looked a bit more up for it tonight as well. Some of the usual suspects chasing balls down they might have left in recent times.

Still very confused how we’ve gone from being so tight defensively a couple of years ago to this shambles we’ve got at the minute. They all seem to ball watch.

Still though. The win would have been nice but a point from Chelsea at home with our current woes is not to be sniffed at.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
We looked miles behind Chelsea.
Thankfully they weren't clinical around our goal.
Being clinical has been a problem with us for years, we are bad when we are on form. I thought you would beat us because of this very issue, however you guys are really as bad as you say. To only have about 4 shots at home and 30% possession is Norwich levels of bad.

acnumber9

Quite surprised at some of the reaction here. I was at the game last night and felt like we were the better team of the two aside from the woeful defending. Would have picked us as more deserving of a second goal.
I didn’t realise Old Trafford had obstructed viewing.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I used to not like Marcos A and now I admire his professionalism. Just an all around great left back.
Not much to say about our players except they gave a better effort in the 2nd half.

Acole9

Outstanding
We were dreadful but I'll happily take that point. No idea how Chelsea didn't win.

Santos J

I used to not like Marcos A and now I admire his professionalism. Just an all around great left back.
Not much to say about our players except they gave a better effort in the 2nd half.
Didn't he kill someone while drunk driving at 70mph in a 30?

Maticmaker

Chelsea were really trying and we avoided defeat, so some cheer there.

Matic was MOTM, showed how to play in midfield even at his age and especially that little dink to put CR through. That goal and a header from Bruno in first half was only two real chances we created. Not much else to say!

footnote:
I had a steak pie pre-match and a cheese and ham toastie half time, both surprisingly good.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't he kill someone while drunk driving at 70mph in a 30?
Whilst not trying to justify his actions or indeed trying to dismiss the tragic loss anyone who gets into a car under the influence of drink or drugs is risking the loss of life similarly those that drive at stupid speed similarly are being reckless as are those that ignore the fact that they are banned and still get behind the wheel and you don’t have to dig too deep to see current Utd players who fall into that category .
One death is too many and thankfully others indiscretions didn’t turn out worse.

Belisarius

The veteran players seem to be the only ones with sufficient pride and professionalism to try and maintain standards
Chelsea were really trying and we avoided defeat, so some cheer there.

Matic was MOTM, showed how to play in midfield even at his age and especially that little dink to put CR through. That goal and a header from Bruno in first half was only two real chances we created. Not much else to say!

footnote:
I had a steak pie pre-match and a cheese and ham toastie half time, both surprisingly good.
Agree about Matic. The veteran players like Matic, Ronaldo, De Gea, Varane and even Mata seemed to be the only ones with sufficient pride and professionalism to try and maintain standards even when they have nothing to play for and their teammates have either given up or are just poor.

I would definitely start Mata next game over Rashford and perhaps over Mctominay also.

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 184 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 15% Man Utd 0:2 Chelsea
  • 11% Man Utd 1:1 Chelsea