PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Chelsea

Post-match discussion

Thu, 28 April 2022

Irwin99

Well, that was a bit better. I certainly didn't see a lack of effort just a lack of quality. If Chelsea had a top striker or prime Hazard they would have put us to the sword in the first half; in fact I think they'd be up there with Liverpool and City if their attacking options were a bit better.

Matic was virtually on his own in the midfield and battled away with a very good performance. Ronaldo was decent even without the goal.

I don't see how anyone can put too much blame on our centre backs when our full backs are so timid. There was a moment in the 7th minute where Dalot could have easily made an interception but hesitated and the crowd got on his back. Kinda sums it up. Massive problem position in my view just as urgent as the midfield issue.

Gordon S

Ronaldo has come to life this spring, nice to see. It helps.

Scott Mctominay should just call it a day and find another job. Football isn`t his thing.
Marcus Rashford looks like an emo kid that is constantly sad. He can`t fire himself up for a game to save his life anymore.
Our fullbacks are some of the worst in the league, not sure what to say about them.
Bruno still tries a little bit but his overall game is shocking.
central defense was ok ish i thought.

Mata is so cute when he is fired up and maybe even a little bit pissed off.
But it sure does feel strange and good to see one of our players give a shit.

Rangnick gives Garnacho 1 fecking minute. One.
Feck off Ralf

Spaghetti

Mom's
At least we didn’t crumble. We were actually fairly solid second half and didn’t really give them many chances.

I think we were the better team after Werner was sent off and they went down to 10 men. (I know Lukaku came on, he was shite)

macheda14

At least we didn’t crumble. We were actually fairly solid second half and didn’t really give them many chances.

I think we were the better team after Werner was sent off and they went down to 10 men. (I know Lukaku came on, he was shite)
White text you arse but yes. I was at a pub of mostly chelsea fans and they felt the same way.

Jev

At least we'll probably avoid finishing the season with a negative goal difference now.

Counterfactual

10 draws and 10 losses in this fecking season!

And a goal difference of just +2 after 35 fecking games! The two at the top have both scored about 30 more AND let in 30 fewer.

Sheesh.

The Purley King

At least our goal was not scored by a convicted murderer.
How Alonso is employed by any professional team is a fuxking scandal.
Every time I see him I’m reminded how his careless actions killed an innocent girl.
Enjoy the draw Chelsea fans………

you employ someone who caused the death of a young girl. Trust you are happy to support this player and to enjoy his success and wealth after killing an innocent girl
Enjoy the draw
https://ng.opera.news/ng/en/sports/amp/0e77e212d2c3c0d3160a024d940b8ac6

Blood Mage

Rashford and McTominay should be nowhere near the starting 11 next season. Disgusting performances from both yet again.

AndyMUFC

Still crap, the amount of space Chelsea had was shocking, particularly on that right hand side with James in the first half but at least a little bit more battling to hold on to the point.

De Gea and Ronaldo, we don't deserve you.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
At least our goal was not scored by a convicted murderer.
How Alonso is employed by any professional team is a fuxking scandal.
Every time I see him I’m reminded how his careless actions killed an innocent girl.
Enjoy the draw Chelsea fans………

you employ someone who caused the death of a young girl. Trust you are happy to support this player and to enjoy his success and wealth after killing an innocent girl
Enjoy the draw
https://ng.opera.news/ng/en/sports/amp/0e77e212d2c3c0d3160a024d940b8ac6
Sure am. He will be gone in the summer hopefully. Too slow. Would have done better with Chilly playing.

Red00012

The highlight of the game was sky switching to the crowds as they arrived in late and a guy walking down the steps 1st of all dropping his phone and then almost falling over a step

@GifLord in and around the 20th minute if you can.

Robertd0803

Thank Christ we have Ronaldo.

If Havertz remembered the idea in football is to actually score goals we would have been totally shagged in the first half again.

Garnacho coming on was nice to see.

Waynne

Can anyone explain why our players don't put pressure on wide attackers in dangerous positions like the below? This almost resulted in a goal and the 2nd image was from their only goal of the game.
Could have easily been 2-0 to Chelsea.

I've seen this so many times and every time its infuriating. How do we allow opposition players so much time and space on the ball to put in dangerous deliveries is beyond me.

greywhale

Ronaldo tried at least.
On about the 36th minute he was pressing from left back, nobody else was, I've watched all of the recent games and the pundits are all pointing out how most of the team are just walking. It must be so frustrating for Ronaldo :(

croadyman

Can anyone explain why our players don't put pressure on wide attackers in dangerous positions like the below? This almost resulted in a goal and the 2nd image was from their only goal of the game.
Could have easily been 2-0 to Chelsea.

I've seen this so many times and every time its infuriating. How do we allow opposition players so much time and space on the ball to put in dangerous deliveries is beyond me.

Because they have stopped trying until Erik comes in which is a shocking stance

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
3 more games before we can kiss this nightmare of a season goodbye.

Hopefully a number starting today won't be part of the line-up on opening day next season

cyril C

Well, that was a bit better. I certainly didn't see a lack of effort just a lack of quality. If Chelsea had a top striker or prime Hazard they would have put us to the sword in the first half; in fact I think they'd be up there with Liverpool and City if their attacking options were a bit better.

Matic was virtually on his own in the midfield and battled away with a very good performance. Ronaldo was decent even without the goal.

I don't see how anyone can put too much blame on our centre backs when our full backs are so timid. There was a moment in the 7th minute where Dalot could have easily made an interception but hesitated and the crowd got on his back. Kinda sums it up. Massive problem position in my view just as urgent as the midfield issue.
This is the problem with our fullbacks. Both Dalot and Telles (worse IMO) are poor on defending, out of position and ball watching all the time. They can contribute offensively but just don't make the grade at EPL level. Out of these 2 I would keep Dalot and offload Telles, unless TEN play 343, then these 2 can be useful wingback. Having said that, Telles still failed against Liverpool, out of position multiple times.

mu4c_20le

This is the problem with our fullbacks. Both Dalot and Telles (worse IMO) are poor on defending, out of position and ball watching all the time. They can contribute offensively but just don't make the grade at EPL level. Out of these 2 I would keep Dalot and offload Telles, unless TEN play 343, then these 2 can be useful wingback. Having said that, Telles still failed against Liverpool, out of position multiple times.
Telles didn't play against Liverpool, but yes, he is more of a wingback and could benefit from the cover of a back 5.

Stig

Consensus seems to be that we tried a bit more than we have been doing. I thought most players tried, we were just bereft of ideas.

I didn't get why Gary Neville was being so negative about the effort. I thought there was some effort, relatively speaking, just no idea as to what players should be doing individually as a team.

.. Rashford was absolutely non-existent.

Wing Attack Plan R

I thought they put in a good shift today.
Ronaldo and Mata at a combined aged of 273 were our best players today.
Mata is feckign quality, why was he not used more in this god-awful, clueless side?
Matic had a strong game and did a good job thwarting their mids.
One of the few games where McTominay seemed to be late to everything, just trotting along, never really breaking a sweat. Very weird.
We look a better side without Maguire. 2 games in a row we look better. I have no hope for him under ETH.
Bruno was a little less headless than his usual self of late. ETH needs to put Bruno into the mechanics and fix whatever is wrong with him. He was creative and brilliant when he arrived, the breath of life, and he's been erratic this entire season, like his wheels are about to fall off.
DeGea with some INSANE saves again. The only reason we escaped with a point today was because DeGea defied the laws of physics today.
Glad to see Garnacho get a senior debut, he was probably over the moon, especially as we didn't get our asses kicked in his debut.
Telles had a very good game. Was key on deflecting several shots from Reece James.
Rashford tried a lot harder today but had no quality on the ball. None.
Jones (!) played again. It warms my heart to see him playing again. Even half a Phil Jones is better than an entire Maguire.
We are lacking in quality players, but they made a fist of it today. Woohoo.

Wing Attack Plan R

The skill on Ronaldo's goal is sensational. World class stuff. Watched it over and over. Caresses it out of the sky then smashes it. The movement to be there in the first place, the vision to see what's happening, the skill to execute. And it wasn't just his goal, he was everywhere today, several times filling it at auxiliary left back, linking play.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
3 pages?
bloody hell, that’s telling in itself.
The early pre-season friendlies under Ten Hag starring Andreas Pereira and Axel Tuanzebe will legitimately have more interest than this. :lol:

Devil may care

Slightly better in the 2nd half, Ronaldo led by example but not enough players followed overall. Chelsea don't swamp you the way City and Liverpool do so we were actually able to stick in the game and Ronaldo took the one chance he got.

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 184 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 15% Man Utd 0:2 Chelsea
  • 11% Man Utd 1:1 Chelsea