PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Chelsea

Post-match discussion

Thu, 28 April 2022

Teja

The biggest positive is that all the players wanted to play and still showed some hunger. I think the squad can be salvaged - just need to hit some form somehow.

The best thing I can hope for is a good pre-season and easy first couple of months next season when the fixtures are announced.

EDIT

Our players are almost always at the incorrect position for second balls in these games, I just don't understand it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
When Mata is your paragon of intensity, you know you have issues
Should just play him for the rest of the games we have left.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
No Maguire = defence is only a bit shit. Find a way to get better players than Dalot and Telles in the team and we might even edge up towards good.

Enjoyed that 2nd half after another god awful first half. Little steps.

Jack-C20

As dog crap performances go, that was one our less dog crap performances. Still a million miles away from where we should be though. Roll on the summer.

klsv

Must have been nostalgic for Chelsea fans to see Mata and Matic playing.

Rustyspider13

Better second half. If Elanga didn't get sucked in Chelsea wouldn't have scored. But can't fault him too much as he did provide much better cover on LW than Rashford in the 1st half. Great ball from Matic for the equalizer, tried his best out there to make something happen.

Ronaldo was fantastic. Not just the goal, but the overall effort level shown. Even more remarkable when you consider his age and what he has just gone through. That is how a professional footballer operates.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Should have lost by a fair few, instead Ronaldo bailed us out yet again.

Defence needs fixing, all over the place at times.

RedChisel

Chelsea are crap. Couldn't even put away the worst team in the league.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The biggest positive is that all the players wanted to play and still showed some hunger. I think the squad can be salvaged - just need to hit some form somehow.

The best thing I can hope for is a good pre-season and easy first couple of months next season when the fixtures are announced.

EDIT

Our players are almost always at the incorrect position for second balls in these games, I just don't understand it.
This pleased me. Much better attitude. It's the least they can do when fans are spending time and money still supporting them.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Bruno seems to fancy himself as an abstract performance artist with his passes these days.

always_hoping

A bit more effort given by the players 2nd half and it produced a draw against the 3rd best team in this league. Imagine if these players gave the required effort all season? Chelseas goal came from their only shot on target in that 2nd half what Dalot was at on it only he knows.

Thankfully only 3 more United matches to watch in a truly miserable season.

Marwood

Plenty of effort but as we all know, you have to keep the ball better and this bunch simply can't.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
My goodness out of all the players that really need a break and have a long hard look at what way they want their career to be remembered it's Rashford. Just nothing from him at all.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Thing that annoys me is the players who look to me like they're trying are the older lads who have actually won things.

Rolaholic

Ronaldo was the hardest worker out there tonight which says a lot...

No idea where we'd be without his goals

Sara125

Imagine coming off the back of the likes of City vs Real Madrid and Liverpool vs Villarreal to watch……this.

stu_1992

Great goal by Ronaldo and nice assist by Matic too. Other than that not much to celebrate. Also good to see a youngster get a debut although I always feel bad when not given enough time to even get a touch on the ball.

DevTheRed

I just want next season to start already. It’s going to be a long summer :(

Godfather

Great goal Ronnie after a nice pass from Matic.
Apart from that pure dross. Our fullbacks suck, McT and Rahsford are hilariously bad

Betson

At least it was not a defeat , and in these times that almost feels like a win , showcases how standards have fallen at the club.

Yet again completely dominated by any half decent team we play and saved by yet again by Ronaldo.

On our performances it is actually hard to see how we have managed to stay in the top half of the table.

Glorio

I don't know why the pundits are bigging Chelsea up, I felt they were almost just as dreadful. We probably even edged it in the second half with these jokers

Roosney

Hilarious that our first two subs were Mata and Phil Jones. Both played well enough but still...

Loon

:lol:
Sometimes I wish for a SEVERANCE type implant so I can forget how poor we are when not watching them.

Coops73

Shocking first half, how Chelsea didn’t feck us in the arse proper by halftime I’ll never know but thems the breaks.

Much better in the 2nd half and I thought Ronaldo (the problem) my MOTM, tracked back, fought, Rashford ‘ave a look and ‘ave a word with yourself.

Coops73

Shocking first half, how Chelsea didn’t feck us in the arse proper by halftime I’ll never know but thems the breaks. Much better in the 2nd half and I thought Ronaldo (the problem) my MOTM, tracked back, fought, Rashford ‘ave a look and ‘ave a word with yourself.

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 184 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 15% Man Utd 0:2 Chelsea
  • 11% Man Utd 1:1 Chelsea