PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:1 Chelsea

Post-match discussion

Thu, 25 May 2023

cyberman

SAF could be their manager and I still don’t think Mudryk or Fofana will ever be players with so much money spent on them as well

atkar83

Frustrating to lose Antony and concede a goal at the end, but overall got to be happy with the win.
I think Antony is important especially with his work rate on defence, but if Sancho going to the right and gelling well with Rashy & Garnacho somehow gave us some semblence of attack vs City, it may be an OK trade off.

nakpodiareuben

Casemiro was exceptional today. He was just enjoying his game. Best signing this summer for sure

Wing Attack Plan R

Casemiro loves scoring against Chelsea!

Definitely end of season vibe to this. Chelsea seemed to cut through our midfield pretty easily, hopefully we can watch the tapes before the FA cup final.

Another very good defensive performance. Lindelof lost his footing early on, but after that he didn’t put a foot wrong. Good partnership with Varane.

If both sides were even 10% more accurate with finishing, it would have ended up 8-3.

Last edited:

CM10

Bizarre game. 4 goals, could've been about 10 and didn't even play that well.

Winrar

One of the strangest games I've seen, in a good way.

Looked like one of those games where we desperately try to cling onto a 1 goal lead by half time, and by end it could've been 6-1 to us.

Honestly, even if Chelsea were actually clinical and scored 4 past us by half time, we could've come back for a 5-4 win.

Irwin99

What a weird and fun game that was. As others have said, the score could have been 6-3, the space available for both teams was mental at times.

Sad for Antony. Can't see him being fit for a final with his reaction to the injury. Hope it's not serious.

Casemiro fantastic again.

sixdwarf

I think that if someone said that United will get Champions League at the expense of Liverpool but the price is a humiliating 7-0 to the Scousers during the season, I'd absolutely take that.

RuudTom83

Comical finishing from both sides…but at least United eventually managed to find the net.

Could have been 6:6 tonight…which made this end of season game more watchable than expected.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Chelsea must be the only team in the PL who need a striker more than we do, that was a mad game, could easily have been 10-6

MonkeysMagic

Well done to ETH achieving CL qualification with some players that are not CL quality!

Odd game, played well in parts but could've been a few goals down against competent opposition. Rest the squad for Fulham game, shame about Antony. Could get very messy in final!

siw2007

Job done! Well done United, you almost blew it in the last few weeks but you’ve rallied and got over the line.

It wasn’t pretty today, we were very poor in the first half, Chelsea were walking through us and we got away with it thanks to Chelsea’s lack of finishing. 2nd half was much better, we could have scored 4-5 goals in the 2nd half alone.

Robertd0803

Yesssssss Get in there.

Job done. Trophy, top 4 and still one final to go.

Even better that its at Liverpools expense :lol:

Was convinced Chelsea would show up against us (and only us) but Christ they are a shambles at the moment. Long may that continue.

Redfrog

4 gold and that was a normal result against this Chelsea side. Hope we can finish 3rd and give it a go in the fa cup.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Good result. I could carp about missing a chance to give Chelsea a good hiding but meh.
Casemiro was class . How is Felix not starting ?

Addled

Absolutely disgraceful from Sky.
The audience were clearly using foul and abusive language towards a member of the broadcasting team yet no one warned us or apologised on their behalf. I am scandalised.

Decent game. United by far the only team with a manager and therefore a plan!
Chelsea are an absolute joke and deserve to be laughed loudly at for their fans barefaced support of a Putin apologist.
feck em, feck em from the highest point in Londongrad and here’s hoping that the cnut that is Fat Frank continues doing the great job that he is doing. Wanker…

(Addled would like to apologise to anyone who was upset by any foul language used in this post)

AlPistacho

Classimiro
Felt like a preseason. But very enjoyable. We could have easily had 6-7.

Garnacho needs to start more over Sancho, but I can see why doesn’t as he’d probably get knackered after 35 minutes.

Coops73

Awful game. Could have been fecking 8-8 by half time. We play like that in the cup final it’ll be bloody murder, thank god Chelsea are soooo shit.

Anyway… good result, chuffed to make top four after our start, never would’ve thought and Casemiro was mustard, my MOTM and probably player of the season.

Get new owners (whoever that may be, hopefully they do a good job) and things are looking good.

MrBest

Hopefully we rest the team on Sunday. This game was odd, first half we were rubbish, Chelsea should have scored a few, second half we blew them away and we should have got 10. So glad to finally see 4 goals in the league for first this this season and in 2022. Gutted we conceded but Joa Felix is really something. I'd rather him than Osimhen.

Revan

Assumptionman
And that's why IMO xG is bollocks, if I were a Chelsea fan I'd have expected them to be 2 up United woke up
It actually is not bollocks.

How on Earth were they supposed to be up? By having that half-arsed attempt that De Gea saved? They kept the goal and went even in the box, but they hardly made good chances.

cyberman

It actually is not bollocks.

How on Earth were they supposed to be up? By having that half-arsed attempt that De Gea saved? They kept the goal and went even in the box, but they hardly made good chances.
Mudryk should have scored, Gallagher should have slotted his away in The far post as well imo.
Havertz header was a sitter

AndyMUFC

Strange game and we are still a strange team but better second half after an awful first. Chelsea are a bit of a shambles.

Revan

Assumptionman
Mudryk should have scored, Gallagher should have slotted his away in The far post as well imo.
Havertz header was a sitter
Nor every half chance should have been converted. If that was the case matches would have 12 goals or so in average.

Oranges038

Entertaining game, but the finishing from both sides was abysmal.

Love the energy and directness Garnacho brings to the pitch, he just loves running at people. Which is exactly what you need off the bench in games like this.

Wing Attack Plan R

I find it weird that Guardian has Chelsea with 61% possession to our 39%. The metric should be abandoned in favor of something like 'attacking possession', because we often got the ball and launched an immediate long ball attack, but then Chelsea won it back and recycled it. Our possession was shorter but more meaningful. I know it's just a stat trying to apply metrics to a free flowing sport, but if you didn't see this particular match, you'd think we somehow stole the points. Our maybe limit a possession stat (as opposed to actual possession) to how long you have the ball in the opponent's half.

cyberman

Nor every half chance should have been converted. If that was the case matches would have 12 goals or so in average.
They’re not really half chances to be fair. I’d say they were great chances.
They weren’t pot shots or half chances, they were of it’s on target it’s a goal chance

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Great that we dispatched Chelsea but I'm still not fully convinced we have it in us to beat City. We will be in better stead next season hopefully.

SirScholes

I think Antony is important especially with his work rate on defence, but if Sancho going to the right and gelling well with Rashy & Garnacho somehow gave us some semblence of attack vs City, it may be an OK trade off.
We don’t offer any threat with sancho and Antony starting
Actually think sancho was half decent when he moved to the right

Man of the Match

Casemiro image Casemiro 84% of 259 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 238 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win