PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Chelsea

Post-match discussion

Wed, 06 December 2023

Blood Mage

A win is a win. Chelsea put in the poorest performance of any team we've faced so far this season though bar Palace in the cup.

Ludens the Red

Probably the best we’ve played going forward all season. Surprising but welcomed. Poor in defensive transitions in the first half but really good in the second.
Noticeable tactical change with Maguire and Amrabat confronting the transitions a lot quicker and more aggressively.
If we keep this up on Saturday May just see the most incredible turnaround.

Ceteris

Rashford showing himself up again there, come put in an effort for 10 minutes and still jogs around.

It's time we sell him, Martial and Sancho

MonkeysMagic

How we didn't score 6/7 goals in this game I'll never know. Our GD is destined to stay around 0!

Much needed victory with much needed performance. Garnacho is frustrating and misplaced passes but on current form ot will be travesty if he's loses the left wing spot to Rashford.

Defence still questionable with Lindeloff/Dalot in so I'd much rather start with Shaw alongside Maguire if Varane isn't getting into team.

Cantona in disguise

Bruno works so hard for the team. He doesn't always create or have a good game but he puts in a shift.

Stick Scott up top.

Amrabat very good in the 2nd half.

Garnacho was a threat but needs to work on his decision making at times.

Good to enjoy watching united. 3 points behind city. Madness.

midou

Best game I've seen in a while. Still need to finish chances and defend crosses a lot better, but overall I felt good watching.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Sir Alex was also in attendance so happy he didn't have to come back and watch a defeat.

Manc Shaman

Mctominay could have had 5. Performance is still too dodgy. We are too open but we move.

Earth Wind and McGuire

Fantastic performance from the lads. Great effort put in. What a difference when you don’t have players who completely lack motivation.

Rashford and Martial shouldn’t be near the first team again. When Rashford came on, even though he was fresh, he refused to put pressure on the Chelsea defenders, deciding to jog around instead. Not a team player at all.

Very happy with the determined tireless performance from the front three. Sure they never scored but that will come. It’s the fact they never gave up that I really applaud.

Thought Reguilon was also fantastic when he came on. A real threat down that wing with his passing and showed a real desire to win the ball.

Overall I’m very happy with the effort put in. That should be our front three for the rest of the season, I don’t care if we win, lose or draw with them just as-long as they keep fighting.

Ibrahimorich

Highly entertaining game and we were well deserved winners. We didn't half make a meal of it though!

I thought almost everyone played well and those that didn't put in a shift to make up for it. If they played with that intensity every week we'd be on to something. He has to start the same team next game.

always_hoping

As good as United have been with the ball this season 28 shots on goal tells its own tale a bit more clinical would have scored at least 5 goals tonight.

Still not great without the ball giving up chances to average Chelsea side and took one of them for undeserved 1-1 score line at half time.

The effort and commitment put in tonight was the very least United supporters want to see so hopefully more of the same in the upcoming games.

thepolice123

Loved the workrate and intensity today. The movement into space made our passing much more fluid.

Jazz

Bruno works so hard for the team. He doesn't always create or have a good game but he puts in a shift.

Stick Scott up top.

Amrabat very good in the 2nd half.

Garnacho was a threat but needs to work on his decision making at times.

Good to enjoy watching united. 3 points behind city. Madness.
He really really does. I don't know how he has the energy. Did solid defensive work for us. Just great.

leeroyTX

Great win. Only real complaint is that we just have to get better in the box. Should've been 4 or 5 and it really shouldn't be as difficult as it looks to feed Hojlund. Guys need to have a little better decision making on when to take players on vs when to play the pass. Crossing needs some work, too.

But still a great win and absolutely nuts that we're only 3 points behind City at this point...considering all of the crap this season has been.

bosskeano

definitely should be playing Shaw at CB and Reguilon at LB....keep it natural for those two positions

for as shit as we've been we are 3 points back of the almighty Pep and his 2billion pound squad of wankers

funny....another good performance when Rashford isn't on the pitch from the start. Garnacho and Antony worked their socks off.

Scott can score but still think we have to sort out the defensive duties for those 3 lads in the middle b/c Amrabat was isolated much like Mainoo was agaisnt Newcastle

ArjenIsM3

That was a very enjoyable game though we made it hard for ourselves by not finishing our chances. Ten Hag really had Poch's number today.

Wrecking ralf

Lads put the work in tonight. Amrabat did well I thought. Garnacho dangerous too. We dont half need to be more clinical though. We’d blow teams away if we could finish our chances. Would love to bring Martinez and Amad into that team for Lindelof and Antony. Good day for a change though and a good win.

Simbo

Honesty I’ve been a shit fan this season but feels like we’re in a relegation battle from what I have watched. Checks the table and we’re 3 points off City?????? The feck?

Garnacho's Shoelaces

xG almost double that of Liverpool in the 7-0 win last year so look forward to Carragher and rest of Sky team lauding it as one of the attacking performances century given that it should have been 11-0 or 12-0 based on that game they talked about for 4-5 weeks.

Gordon S

Tonight shows why we score so few goals. No quality in attack. They are young and talented our front three but here and now they are blunt as feck.
Scott is our most dangerous player which tells you a story.

Great to see Amrabat finally show what he can do, really good game from him. Did not expect that. Really fun, entertaining and frustrating game.

Aint gota Kalou

Not a weak player out there. All ran their socks off. Having Garnacho and Antony being terriers made a big different to our intensity.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He really really does. I don't know how he has the energy. Did solid defensive work for us. Just great.
In the first half when he sprinted back and stopped Chelses going 1 on 1. Incredible.

Cloud7

That's the best I've seen us play in months. First match I've enjoyed in a long time. Beating Chelsea will always feel really good.

It was exactly the sort of performance we needed. Aggressive, high energy, positive.

Garnacho and Antony should continue on the wings. They both had really good games today. I see no reason to bring Rasford back into this side. I actually got upset seeing him coming on at the end because you just know he would not have done a quarter of the hard work Rasmus did today.

DavelinaJolie

Very impressed by Amrabat's second half. Lots of important interceptions snuffing out counters and clean, canny passing. Only blemish for him on the game was some of the risky pushing and pulling and some slack passing in the first half, giving away cheap possession.

Chelsea are really bad in defence aren't they?

Garnacho ran himself ragged and if some of his crossing and decision making was better would have created even more chances.

The forward pressing line was really good. Really good.

Bruno also ran himself ragged, as ever, some great moments but some incredibly frustrating passes to no one.

McTom getting into great positions to score, shame to not get the hat trick or lay that last one off.

Dalot was pretty damned good.

Shaw was up and down, some daft moments and some weak long passes causing the ball to come back, but his running up the left in the first half was a welcome sight.

Jazz

As good as United have been with the ball this season 28 shots on goal tells its own tale a bit more clinical would have scored at least 5 goals tonight.

Still not great without the ball giving up chances to average Chelsea side and took one of them for undeserved 1-1 score line at half time.

The effort and commitment put in tonight was the very least United supporters want to see so hopefully more of the same in the upcoming games.
This., it's the bare minimum. Work hard and be committed. You won't always win, but at least you shouldn't come off the pitch without having given it your all.

Red & White

Absolutely brilliant! For all the negative (justified mostly) comments we put on here that was a superb performance. That was a ‘let’s go out and show everyone we’re together‘ performance after all that’s been reported in the build up. A performance to show support for the manager, I’d say. Should’ve scored at least 4 or 5! Well done, lads, well done.

RedIan

Very enjoyable game and great effort from the team with some players playing very well.
Mctominay for the goals but Amrabat looked class in midfield. Bruno/Garnacho excellent, Anthony decent.
Shaw great and Sergio had a great game when he game on.

well deserved win, more of this please.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Evra not doing the 'player' of the match shite :lol::lol:

bobglory

i scanned the match day forum while watching the game and i cant stand our young (i hope young because you are clowns ) fan base of little shits . bwaaa bwaaa cry babys whaaa .
i thought we was really good from the first min and anyone who thinks that the players dont want to play for this manager should go watch that game again .
amrabat , garnacho , mcusualyshit and everyone was a beast today and onwards and upwards gg mu .

Oranges038

Finally, some energy and effort from the whole team.

Rashford came on and immediately gave Chelsea the impetus because he is not putting the necessary pressure on the Chelsea's back line to play. He's going to just play out that contract.

Bruno put in more effort in the friggin 90s minute than Rashford.
Ran by him to press rhe keeper and all.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
That was MUCH more enjoyable. More ambition and intensity, plenty of issues still but that's us probably being our best selves at the moment.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 325 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 2:1 Chelsea
  • 12% Man Utd 1:1 Chelsea