EL W Europa League Round of 32 - 2nd Leg

Manchester United 5:0 Club Brugge

Post-match discussion

Thu, 27 February 2020

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I will do the honorable thing and out myself

I assume Rio is sending wholesome DM's to Brunos instagram account, with a cheeky smile and a "come here" nod.

Honestly, i am undecided on this one. I just don't think Bruno Fernandes is that good. But I will admit he is a serious threat shooting outside the 16m box and on free kicks.

But right now our injury situation and players like Lingard who have gone from being decent to Phil Jones level. And Phil Jones having to play CB, despite being the worst player ion the club, has made me become willing to just sign anyone that might be good. Our Midfield is one of the weakest in the Premier League right as of today with the players we have available and the form they are in. And that is terrifying.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/bruno-fernandes-signed.452709/post-25149574

I will now accept your ridicule for my cluelessness.

Ace of Spades

We are getting closer to having a very good team, and with a few more signings we can really have a strong squad.

Very enjoyable game.

Bruno just makes everything tick.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bruno, Mata and Fred superb.

The scouse cnut in goal was probably the best player on the pitch, and he still conceded five!

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Thoroughly enjoyable first half,both before and after the sending off.

Bruno and Mata excellent. Fred very good as well and pleased he got a couple of goals.
McT back and got better as the game went on.

Second half containment and could rest players. Little to worry about at the back.

18 goals scored and one conceded in our last 7 matches.

Whoever's doing the scores on here, we won 5-0 not 4-0.

WannaBeSakka

We now see how playing with a number 9 opens up space at the edge of the box for the midfielders to shoot. The midfielders will get more goal if ighalo plays more often. Martial is a very good player but he crowds out the edge of the box by not staying up top. The boys were fantastic tonight. Every one of them!

Alek M

Da manic one
Can’t wait to see Rashford added to this side!
McT, what a player he is, just adding more solidity in the midfield.
Couple of good wide players and we will be unplayable

Falcow

Would so love to see Rashford in this team. What a pity he got injured.

We have a wonderful midfield at the moment.

stu_1992

Great result and really enjoyable watch. Second half not as good but expected that they'd ease off a bit in light of being comfortably up at half time. I'm truth it was over as soon as they went down to 10 and Bruno scored that penalty.

Some really impressive performances. Bruno being super impressive again. Was involved in almost everything good for us the first half. First goal for Ighalo which was great to see. And Fred getting 2 goals was cool too as he's been flying under the radar as a consistent performer recently. McTominay announced his return in style too. We even got an assist out of Lingard! Let's hope for a favourable draw next round!

RedNed77

Excited for the salty boys to come in and explain why it was a rubbish performance
It was only Brugge, waah, Poch would have scored 10, qualified for the CL and signed Messi in that game.

Am I doing it right?

Being serious, that felt like old United at times tonight. Quick, one touch stuff that moved up the pitch quickly and dangerously. Yes it was only Brugge, but that’s what old us used to do to teams like Brugge. We’ve not ripped into a team like that for a while. It was good stuff.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Some of the moves we put together tonight we're reminiscent of the United of old. That was so fun to watch. So many great performances. Did anyone expect Bruno to be this good!?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Said the same thing after Watford. It's really nice to be able to relax and enjoy a game knowing the jobs done. Feels like that has hardly happened in the last few seasons.

We are getting better, and Bruno could just end up being this teams Cantona. It's not just what he does, but he seems to elevate those around him too.

No point picking out individual performances tonight. Everyone played well. All round a good night for the club.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I literally can’t understand why the ref was looking at the VAR screen for so long. It was the clearest and daftest red ive seen all season.

Good fun that. Happy for onion.

Judas

Open to offers
The most impressive thing about Bruno so far is he just doesn't stop, Pogba will pull off something amazing, but then you won't see him for a bit, Bruno seems to be everywhere all the time, always involved. If he can keep this up, or around this level it will be a signing that could just change everything for the club.

Tiber

Still think we are a couple of key players away from being competitive at the top of the league, but great to see we are finally trending in the direction of fulfilling Ole's vision

Got to continue to clear out the dross and add a big goalscorer and some more width

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I literally can’t understand why the ref was looking at the VAR screen for so long. It was the clearest and daftest red ive seen all season.

Good fun that. Happy for onion.
I spent far too long during the game trying to work it out... And I came to the conclusion that he had to be seeing how likely Migs was to saving it

I think if he figured that he'd probably save it he'd have given a yellow

ajay1002

Had almost forgotten what it feels like to actually enjoy watching a Utd game. Fernandes has made such a massive difference already.

Okey

Erm...Nope. Can't think of anything missing from that. Perfect night. Performance of our season so far. We're on a roll! Bring on the poorer Merseysiders...

ReddBalls

Great game that!

Even Scholesy getting giddy in the studio, comparing Bruno to The King and De Bruyne.

Betson

Good display , good result . In the draw tomorrow , I do think this competition may be our best chance of CL next season.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 56% of 332 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 307 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brugge win
  • Draw