PL W FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 May 2015

red_devil83

We desperately need players with character. Of the players that finished that match, only Jones, Smalling, Young and Dave have it. The rest are like sheep.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Dear Joel,

Please can we have £200m to buy some good players as we only have three or four worth keeping.
I think we need to spend at least £7bn or I stop supporting the club.

Castia

Horrible game but a good 3 points. Anything but a Liverpool win will do now.

Jaxa

We deserve praise, hard stadium away, 3 Injuries and still come away with it, 2 Players for me that stood out were Young and Mata, hope Chelsea win tomorrow then we can all breathe easy!

Raw

That was bloody horrible to watch. Van Gaal's got a lot of work to do, but feck it we won. One giant step closer to CL football.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Get in. One of the worst games I've seen from us all season to be honest, and on top of that Rooney and shaw got injured. No idea how we won that but thank feck we did.

Young, De Gea and Valencia the only 3 who had good performances really. The rest were all well below par

LARulz

Thank God we won that. Not sure how and don't really care. We do need to sort it out though, that level of performance is shocking.

Irrational.

We were absolutely shocking, but CP were well up for this game, especially in the second half. They were first to every ball, showed more battling qualities and are very unlucky to come away with nothing. We robbed the three points today.

DDG and Young joint men of the match. Villain of the match is Valencia. He's as brainless as they come, and was the weakest link in the team.

Sounds funny when I say it, but I can see us beating Arsenal next week.

caid

Thought quite a few players were well short of their usual standard today.
Thought that was one of blinds weakest games this season, been a long season for him with the WC, a couple of nasty injuries and it being his first season.
A good summer will hopefully do him good.

Young, Smalling and De Gea were all brilliant

dsch

Call me masochistic, but that was a very entertaining game. We didn't play well, of course, rode our luck at times and relied on de Gea. Young MOTM. Injuries, though.

Murray totally bought the freekick for their goal by holding Smalling's arm across him.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Am I the only one who saw some potential in Falcao today? Was starting to look dangerous.
Mentioned it in my post. He was very good I thought. Excellent runs and wasn't discouraged by the fact our players failed to find him time and time again. Worked hard and was good on the ball too. Showed some real strength at times also. Loved the cheeky push for our 2nd goal.

stu_1992

Relieved more than anything with that result. So tight in that second half, it was good to see us grind it out though. Something we didn't do last week. Hopefully Chelsea finish the job for us next week because the injuries are piling up. Shaw, Rooney and Smalling all going off in that game.

Fellaini MOTM for me. Got the winner and had some key defensive headers. Young made an impact, though was wasteful at times. De Gea again shows why we need him to stay.

togg

For me it's all about who LVG can sign being in the top four. Without it, the job is so much harder. We have a few players that a club of our stature just can't have in the first team..surely everyone agrees with that...if we are to compete against the elite of Europe and be seen as a footballing power..

Devil may care

The 3 points are all that matters right now but that was tumescent stuff yet again with supposed able deputies looking like they aren't good enough and a back line that continues the insane injury run that is becoming a real problem.

Manchie

3 fecking points! that is what matter and we got it today, terrible terrible performance

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Call me masochistic, but that was a very entertaining game. We didn't play well, of course, rode our luck at times and relied on de Gea.
It must be how Chelsea feel most weeks. It was gruelling to watch, but I let out an enormous cheer when we scored the 2nd goal and again when the full time whistle blew. I haven't cheered a full time whistle for ages. It felt strange and wrong.

El-Manos

Mentioned it in my post. He was very good I thought. Excellent runs and wasn't discouraged by the fact our players failed to find him time and time again. Worked hard and was good on the ball too. Showed some real strength at times also. Loved the cheeky push for our 2nd goal.
Agree, if presented a solid midfield next season and some tricky wingers, he could potentially thrive.

Leg-End

If it's a 3 year plan then presumably LVG is going to be very busy this summer.

matt23

Showed a bit of resilience in the end. Credit to Young, he knew he had his fullback on toast and wiped the floor with him in the end.

I thought Dave was as much to blame for their freekick as Blind tbh, but he more than made up for it.

It was never going to be pretty today, 3 points is all that matters.

RetroStu

Falcao played his part as well so lets just leave the bashing for today guys.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Am I the only one who saw some potential in Falcao today? Was starting to look dangerous.
I agree. The (choose your own noun here) who slagged off Carrick a couple of years ago now have Falcao in their sights. I know he has not been on fire, I know he maybe out the door, but the guy is genuine, he tries, made some good contributions, deserves respect.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 53% of 725 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 532 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw