PL W FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 May 2015

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Get in. One of the worst games I've seen from us all season to be honest, and on top of that Rooney and shaw got injured. No idea how we won that but thank feck we did.

Young, De Gea and Valencia the only 3 who had good performances really. The rest were all well below par
This has been all season away from home bar Pool and Chelsea don't kid yourself on.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
At this stage of the season, the result is all that matters so despite the horrific performance, 3 points is 3 points. Look at Chelsea's past couple of games.

Ixion

We need a couple more defenders with composure and to ship out Evans.

Great result though, Liverpool need to win every game now.

Theonas

Scout
By far our worst performance for some time. We just couldn't get going and combine the way we have been lately. Suppose we can put that down to the injuries and disruptions. Overall, job as good as done to get the top 4 which is overall on par with where we should be at this stage of our transition.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
It must be how Chelsea feel most weeks. It was gruelling to watch, but I let out an enormous cheer when we scored the 2nd goal and again when the full time whistle blew. I haven't cheered a full time whistle for ages. It felt strange and wrong.
They didn't shit bricks, at this rate we didn't even need to try hard, the bricks will fall from our ass like rains falls from sky

Jacob

Never thought I'd say this but Everything is going through Young at the moment.

montpelier

Good three points but a difficult watch. Amazing how quickly we can turn to utter shit under a bit of pressure.
Totally agree, with looking quite good for the occasional 15mins thrown into the mix too.

RetroStu

Can someone explain to me what we actually do in training?, its driving me nuts.

Zoo

Pleased we showed some spirit and got the result we need. Palace away is tough, they were up for it and wanted us as a big scalp. Got to sort out the wall on set pieces.

legball

Worst performance, bla bla blah, who fecking cares!!? We needed a win, we went out there, dug in and got it. You can't please some people it seems. 3 points was all that mattered today after the shit of the last 3 games, we got it. Simple. And by the way, how thick is Antonio Valencia?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Im more disapointed that we once again got out of jail with a hoof ball to Fellaini, its just abit embarrasing. We were awful i thought in that second half and palace deserved more.

But at least we won.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This has been all season away from home bar Pool and Chelsea don't kid yourself on.
No, seriously, before we at least still dominated the possession and most of the time weren't that troubled at the back... Today was just bad and we were in our half for most of the game it felt like.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
Shit performance but couldn't care less. 3 points is what we needed, somehow we got it. Huge huge saves from de gea!!!

On to next season now!

Woodenlung

With the injuries we've picked up today we desperately need Chelsea to get a result tomorrow. Can't see us doing much in our last two games with Smalling and Rooney out.

hbgreg

Deserved the win in the end due to how we responded from the equalizer. We became calm, much more composed and started reverting back to what we knew works for us. We sped up our passing, using the field well. Young right foot cross to Fellaini isn't a spectacular Messi/Ronaldo sexy goal but it works and is functional. It's important because this whole game we played dysfunctional. Very proud of the players were keeping their composure and fighting for the CL rather than giving up hope (coming in from 3 straight losses and now just equalized away from home). Players deserve credit for their attitude and effort in the last 20 minutes.

Previous 70 was dysfunctional which is the worst thing you can say about a LvG side.

Trizy

Our performance was so bad the pundits were saying Ashley Young was our best player.

3 points is 3 points though, hopefully Chelsea do the job tomorrow so we can relax!

adamwest

Holy feck i'm glad that's over and we've scampered away with the 3 points. Goddamn that was tough watching!!!!

Riz

Everyone was poor again bar Young and De Gea.
Injury-itus has returned with a vengance.
We needed a lucky goal and some lenient refereeing to win.

But...

It's a massive result. 3 points was needed not just mathematically but psychologically anything less might have influenced Liverpool's performance tomorrow.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Whining fans take a breath.

-Lose the game with attractive football and argue that LVG is clueless
-Grind results out ( which happened frequently during the SAF era) and get the results in that lead to achieving the objectives, but complain about the lack of attractive football.

Wake up, football is bigger then ever and if you wanne die with attractive football go ahead, but at the end of the day you will only see silverware when you are also capable of smashing the door open SWAT style rather then looking for the key.

El-Manos

I agree. The (choose your own noun here) who slagged off Carrick a couple of years ago now have Falcao in their sights. I know he has not been on fire, I know he maybe out the door, but the guy is genuine, he tries, made some good contributions, deserves respect.
An extended loan would be ideal perhaps, RVP looks well passed it unfortunately.

Irrational.

Am I the only one who saw some potential in Falcao today? Was starting to look dangerous.
He had a few good touches, and was instrumental in our best move of the match towards the end. You can see glimpses of the class is there, and if we were to keep him I can see him having a decent season next season.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Huge win. CP are no pushovers atm and we ground it out.

But boy do we need an injection of quality over the summer.

Moonred

3 points. Wasn't great, but it doesn't have to be at this time of the season. If we were gunning for the title, this type of win would be lauded. Oh and injuries. fecking hell.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
One of the worst games i have ever seen in 30 years, when you take into account who we were playing and that we were supposed to be fighting for a Top 4 place.

Absolutely dreadful and players like Evans, Valencia, Fellaini (imo) and a few others, shouldn't be playing for a club as big and as rich as us. Its as simple as that.
Pathetic overreaction.

bishblaize

Got the three points we needed, and given that we're so close to the end of the season, and that we're going to be making quite a few changes in the summer, there's really not a load of point worrying too much about the awful performance.

We learned nothing new really. Centre backs aren't fit/good enough. Falcao not good enough. Valencia not good enough. Blind can't replace Carrick. Not enough quality on the bench.

But, meh, we knew all that stuff already. 3 points, banana skin just about avoided. A good result tomorrow and we can start sorting out the obvious problems we have in the squad over the summer.

justboy68

Shocking performance but somehow got the win. On to CL football next year! Need to get rid of as much mediocrity as possible in the summer and begin to look like a football team worthy of our global standing.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Van Persie, Di Maria, Carrick, Rojo injured before the game. Smalling, Rooney and Shaw all get injured during the game. That's potentially 7 first team players out. You take the 7 equivalent players from any of the top teams in the league and they would struggle like we did.

It wasn't a great performance, but we showed resilience and got what we needed.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
That was heavy going and a huge 3 points.

1) Thank God for the Mata & Herrera combination to get some possession, movement and control on the game at times.

2) Jonny Evans was rusty as hell.

3) De Gea’s beast mode continues.

4) Injuries, injuries, injuries.

5) Falcao was very good. Worked hard and made excellent runs.
Agreed and congratulations on one of the few sensible posts in this thread so far

togg

To be honest..I think the players realise that LVG is probably going to ship a number of them out. Can't be easy to play for something you might not be a part of...or at least..worry about fecking up during a match which makes the decision for him. I don't know..but they look like a team who are thinking individually rather than a team...and you can kind of understand that.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Was really quite happy with their determination today. Over the moon with the win

Lost three in a row against a very tricky side away from home. Two forced changes

It wasnt pretty at all but they got it done.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Until we sort that back 4 out we will have problems. I would actually buy 3CB's and a RB. Far too many injuries and not enough intelligence and composure,which then spreads to the rest of the team. A solid back line will sort a lot of problems out.

kundalini

We look a very ordinary side. Far too many stupid freekicks conceded including Smalling's from which they scored. Lack of movement in attack is alarming.

Palace were unlucky to lose, if anything they created the better chances, only to be denied by De Gea. Mata fortunate not to concede a penalty. Smalling had a shocker, Valencia only marginally better.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 53% of 725 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 532 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw