PL W FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 27 February 2019

RMD83

I dare say one of our best wins this season. With a decimated squad due to an abnormal number of injuries we could have easily lost away to a good team like palace and we would have had every right to put our hands up and said “what can we do with this amount of injuries”. They did us proud tonight. A great win.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Some Scottish pundit on the Canadian channel TSN4 … I'll track back through because a Cannuck CAFite told me who he was after but it didn't sink in. I'll get back to you.

Cheers.

RG 11

Great performance considering all the injuries. Reminds me of performances under SAF where no matter how many injuries we had, we always looked like winning.

SqueakyWeasel

We did score 3 with half a team out!
Dalot and a horribly out of sorts sanchez as the wide boys!!
Pretty excellent to get 3
I'm so happy with today's performance (even ignoring the dreadful injury circumstances that pre-empted it) :D I'm not complaining one iota. I'm just convinced that GD doesn't lie come May and some teams are starting to rack up 5 goal wins. I could not be happier about today's performance and it was never in doubt IMO. Just a bit pissed off I misread the predictor and gave the correct result to Palace not us by mistake :(

As I said, we'll be back in the driving seat come Saturday early evening.

Sereques

Previous manager with 10 players injured, I dread it. He will whine, complain and curse everyone at United for lack of transfers.

Lucky Buttons

What a win! Ole trusted his players tonight and they delivered. Fantastic to see the celebration after Young´s goal.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Did anyone else listen to that Scottish twat on TSN telling everyone that Ole is "A great motivator of people but tactically inept and is way out of his depth at Manchester United … they deserve a lot better". I think the Sourness genes travel well :p
Yeah he bloody pissed me off. Hit my mute button. State of him.

Tapori

A good squad is not simply a collection of interchangeable individuals that are all STAR 9/10 skilled performers but a collective of individuals that can hold a ship steady when things aren't at their best.
Brilliant performance and camaraderie despite the terrible form of many.

McTominay will be crucial to the squad moving forwards. Solid, dependable, tired late on and can even wind up star players!
But really impressed. Continues to add forward passing to his game and just needs to work on losing his man when marked tightly via more one-touch maneuvering play and creating space.

Still would give Sanchez more time under Ole. Effort and passing is there but seems to not know his team and players - I think he's still stuck in Arsenal mode as you can see he is constantly playing balls and making runs like he did at Arsenal but the problem is his reading and others reading what he's going to do.
Fred was atrociously nervous and off-pace with fear 1st half and playing safe but least best passes; Grew into 2nd half and was all action later on. Needs time and we will have a player worth a solid squad place. Loved that play down the picth 2nd half where crossed from the left.
Young once again shows why he's a brilliant player's player. You can tell how important he is in this dressing room despite a few mistakes.

Lukaku will become a cult hero if he stays.
Terrible at times mixed with genius sublime finishing.
I can tell he's been working hard on build-up decision making but he isn't quite there just yet.
Just needs to work on better one-touch play and he'll be fine.
Will definitely leave him to work and improve in the summer but I hope we keep him if he's willing to stay as a squad player.

Defence a bit wobbly 2nd half.
Overall how it used to be; tough win away 3rd half of season with injuries and plenty of squad rotation
Garner looked like a lost lad that had won a competition! :lol: bless

Another excellent win, particularly with so many injuries. I was worried it could be a banana skin game, but we did a professional job. Confidence is sky high; carry on like this and we'll finish third. A special well done to big Lukaku tonight. Very happy once again.

Tosicsleftpeg

Genuinely impressed by McTominay today really thought he played well as did young apart from 1 feck up. Motm definitely Lukaku though his best game in a long time well done big man.

Okey

It's starting to look like this United machine can motor through anything with Ole at the wheel. Give that man the keeps permanently! Brilliant win, making us looks like mugs for ever doubting. Viva United!!!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Well done Lukaku. Not solely due to his goals but for once he didn't choose to hide in between defenders because he feared his first touch. He grew in confidence and finally looked like himself at the end there chasing zaha back for the yellow.

Fair fecks to McTominay today. I give the kid hell but he showed me a proper player today. I think it helped that he had a horrendous midfielder next to him giving him contrast in the form of Fred. Could be a very important player in the premier league as he seems to win every aerial duel. I cannot stress enough how important that is for the flow of the game. You win your headers - you win a premier league game - simple as. The ball ends up at the feet of your attackers more often - makes them more confident and makes your opposition less confident because they keep giving the ball away.

Ibi Dreams

Pleased for Lukaku, two great finishes a d he did brilliantly for our third goal

Schmeichel=God

:lol:I wish all our players will 'play their part' scoring crucial braces like that. Sure you're not too complimentary towards him?
Yes I'm too tough on him here. I evidently can't cope with Lukaku scoring goals :nervous: :lol:

I just find it hard to accept that two nice finishes gives a man a high score, whilst we forget about the remainder of his all round performance: the sitter, the general donkey touch nature of the man, that pass.

His overall body of work throughout a run of games is what dictates my opinion of him.

Maybe I am inhumanely harsh because the first goal in isolation is top quality striking. The second, many would sky. But put him in these situations again and do we expect him to repeat the feat? For me he's just such an untidy footballer who makes a mockery of his physicality/frame and further in my opinion sorely lacks the technique required of a Utd striker. It's too random, too inconsistent.

If he could score two every game in exchange for woefully linking play and looking like a combination of Bebe & Ali Dia at all other times...then I'll sign on the dotted line. :D

Flytan

Shaw and Dalot are class.

Normally I hate McTominay but he played really well today. Fred started slow but ended up justifying his selection imo. Sanchez, I don't get it. he tries so hard but it's like he's just missing something.

Djemba-Djemba

Getting the win was the most important thing but I actually thought we played well considering all our injuries.

If Lukaku can go back to scoring plenty against the weaker sides we'll be in with a huge chance of top 4, possibly top 3.

Schmeichel=God

Great to watch the fighting spirit returning. Very, very impressed with mctominay, he seems a lot more confident and powerful than last season and his passing was good too.
Fred had a poor first half and ok second half but he needs to be a lot stronger as he was pushed off the ball too easily at times. I feel sorry for sanchez as he does work hard but is a good squad player but his magic has gone.
Going to be a fantastic run into the end of the season.
Yeh he was using his frame much more aggressively, hunting down, instead of passively standing ground. And all those forward passes! I think him forcing Lukaku to receive more balls actually improved Rom's confidence today. If McT carries on like that then he could be with us a while!

Red Star One

So proud of boys. Not much more to say. I was looking forward to watching yet another game and I feel happy after it. Ole made me enjoy the club first time in a long while

simplyared

Funny how posters in the match day forum were slaggin off Young after their goal. Some were saying they didn't want to see him in in a utd shirt again and he was getting abuse thrown at him from left right and centre. Did the same caf members still want him away at the end of the game? Strange how the tide can change so quickly!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Yes I'm too tough on him here. I evidently can't cope with Lukaku scoring goals :nervous: :lol:

I just find it hard to accept that two nice finishes gives a man a high score, whilst we forget about the remainder of his all round performance: the sitter, the general donkey touch nature of the man, that pass.

His overall body of work throughout a run of games is what dictates my opinion of him.

Maybe I am inhumanely harsh because the first goal in isolation is top quality striking. The second, many would sky. But put him in these situations again and do we expect him to repeat the feat? For me he's just such an untidy footballer who makes a mockery of his physicality/frame and further in my opinion sorely lacks the technique required of a Utd striker. It's too random, too inconsistent.

If he could score two every game in exchange for woefully linking play and looking like a combination of Bebe & Ali Dia at all other times...then I'll sign on the dotted line. :D
Take it easy pal. You devote a longish post ridiculing him after he scored a good brace away from home in an injury-riddled team. Save the frustration for the inevitably incoming poor game somewhere down the line.

Man of the Match

Romelu Lukaku image Romelu Lukaku 53% of 602 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 400 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw