PL L FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 22 May 2022

jesperjaap

Simply isn’t going to happen. Ten Hag will need to work with the majority of that starting team today. Fan base needs to be realistic and give a lot of those players a chance to turn things around,
You are probably right he will have to work with the majority of these players as the majority of them on the pitch are not players linked with exits.

However, disagree with the realistic comment. SO many of these players have had a chance to turn things round under 2, 3 and even 4 managers, they simply cant be relied upon no matter who is in charge.

I think we see 10-12 players leave, but would nto be the slightest bit surprised to see a similar number leaving 12months later if ETH is the manager many hope him to be....it doesnt even take a genius to realise so many here are simply not good enough to be starting in the jersey, a mixture of poor attitudes with ability and decent attitudes with little ability, barely a player this season gets into any of the sides in the top four and that is telling

Rolaholic

Truly hope that's the last time we see McFred starting for us ever again.

McTominay simply isn't up to standard and it was made so clear in front of Ten Hag's eyes.

Red_toad

This is why the club is in such a slump. Too many chances given to mediocrity.
Try living in the real world. A coach is there to get the best out of his players, Ralf has failed at that, our squad should not be scraping 6th and no team would replace 70% of their squad in 1 transfer window.Woodward out, new manager and many changes behind the scenes is very positive. 3 or 4 new players in along with a Ten Hag coaching the team and we’re much stronger next season.

Dan_F

And you still have people on this site defending these players.
Honestly who is defending the players on here? Unless you’re confusing criticising Rangnick with backing the players, which isn’t the same thing.

GreatDane

I'm just happy it's finally over.

What a complete shitshow of a season.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Try living in the real world. A coach is there to get the best out of his players, Ralf has failed at that, our squad should not be scraping 6th and no team would replace 70% of their squad in 1 transfer window.Woodward out, new manager and many changes behind the scenes is very positive. 3 or 4 new players in along with a Ten Hag coaching the team and we’re much stronger next season.
You could have peak Ferguson right now with this lot and we would still fail miserably. If Ten Hag does well in the next few years then huge props to him because this team is rotten to the core.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I want to see movement on incoming and outgoing transfers tomorrow. By July 1st we need to have a completely new look. So many of these wasters need to feck off and we can’t bring anymore in.

dave1956

Thought with the new manager and 2 of his coaches plus Arnold watching they would have put in some real effort to look good, but then do they have the ability collectively I think the answer is no.
I can see our new senior management team deflating a few egos in the coming weeks, there are going to be a lot of toys thrown out of prams at Carrington.

Pearl.Jam

Seriously, who cares? It’s the end of a rancid era for so many reasons and I’m weirdly optimistic that ETH can at least restore some pride to our club.
If he fails then I’m not really sure where we go.

Superunknown

It's hard to remember, but there was a time when many of us were optimistic about this season when we made the Varane, Sancho, and Ronaldo signings. Could never have predicted that it would have ended up like this. Such a disappointment. Even that's putting it mildly.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Honestly who is defending the players on here? Unless you’re confusing criticising Rangnick with backing the players, which isn’t the same thing.
Here? ‘Here’ is neither here nor there. Outside of the literal kids and new signings, everyone should be lined up for culling, and if there are no takers, tolerated until they can be phased out.

Red_toad

You could have peak Ferguson right now with this lot and we would still fail miserably. If Ten Hag does well in the next few years then huge props to him because this team is rotten to the core.
Sir Alex took his time to remove the poor elements from the squad. and develop the players he retained or signed. Fans calling for 70% of the squad to be removed isn’t going to happen, as it’s just simply unrealistic. The players are better than they’ve shown the last 3 months. I’m very optimistic Ten Hag can improve them, bring through the youngsters and sign a few keys players.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Ole got second place. Think it is more a measure of how bad Ralf is, which should be no surprise given his managerial opportunities the last decade.

If he made some difference higher up in the club it will be worth it, but reports say he had zero part in that
Agreed. I do wonder where we would have finished had Ole or Carrick stayed. We’ve nosedived under Ralf. So much for his “heavy-metal” brand of football

PaulRich

Bruno demonstrating perfectly to Erik why he isn’t one of the foundation blocks for the new era

Chairman Steve

Everyone scored today except us and fecking Norwich by the way.

Pass me the tequila shots and Zoloft and hopefully I’ll make it to the ETH press conference tomorrow.

AndySmith1990

Ferguson took years to rebuild the team before winning trophies, and he would do the same again now. It's what ETH will do also, and why we must be patient.

Red_toad

That’s impressive with 2 exceptionally average fullbacks and 2 kids in our attacking positions. Even game then?
We still created the most chances, Ronnie has been feeding off scraps for months and still banging them in. Without him today it reduced our chances of scoring massively

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So... we are back in the title race. Until the third week of August. Fixtures announced 16th June...

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Truly hope that's the last time we see McFred starting for us ever again.

McTominay simply isn't up to standard and it was made so clear in front of Ten Hag's eyes.
I have a feeling that very little will change. I still see McFred starting and stinking up the midfield.
All fans know that when McFred play, they lose every midfield battle to the opposition (no matter how mediocre the opposition are). Despite this multiple managers (who do know a thing or two about football) persist with them. I can ETH doing the same.

It's really depressing to see how bad we are now with seemingly no end in sight. Some of you are expecting ETH to perform miracles and I don't see this as realistic.

Seriously, who cares? It’s the end of a rancid era for so many reasons and I’m weirdly optimistic that ETH can at least restore some pride to our club.
If he fails then I’m not really sure where we go.
ETH has no track record of working with big players with big egos in a big club. To expect him to come in and wave a magic wand is very unrealistic.
Even Guardiola would have a major struggle with this current batch of players and he has worked in big clubs, with big players and egos.

NICanRed

Pathetic performance. Other than scoring goals the other important thing about playing football is that you pass the ball to players on YOUR team! Only Mata seemed to know that.
When does the window open?

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 121 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Crystal Palace 1:2 Man Utd