PL L FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 22 May 2022

Gorse Hill Red

God awful game, can’t believe I watched the whole thing. Not one player covered themselves well. Just glad this season is over. So many players leaving but will we finally get it right in the transfer market.
Only positive thing is that we didn’t have a negative goal difference.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
First game I've not watched for many years. Delighted that shitehawk Rangnick is finished.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This is our form.
16th.
Only slightly about the relegation zone.
And take note that that W we have, was a Ronaldo special. If he didn't play in the game, we'd probably have lost.

If ETH can get us in the top 4, I'd be mighty impressed.

OrcaFat

Simply isn’t going to happen. Ten Hag will need to work with the majority of that starting team today. Fan base needs to be realistic and give a lot of those players a chance to turn things around,
Yes, I agree anyone who isn’t out of contract has to be given a chance. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them recovered some form and confidence and start looking closer to the required standard.

Come January, surely, surely ETH has to be allowed to get rid of anyone he doesn’t want. To me that is even more important than giving him money to buy new players. The message to the players since Mou’s time, or even before that, has been “not-good-enough is good enough” and that has to change asap.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Try living in the real world. A coach is there to get the best out of his players, Ralf has failed at that, our squad should not be scraping 6th and no team would replace 70% of their squad in 1 transfer window.Woodward out, new manager and many changes behind the scenes is very positive. 3 or 4 new players in along with a Ten Hag coaching the team and we’re much stronger next season.
Totally agree. We have become progressively worse since Ralf took over, seems to me that he is far better behind the scenes than in a coaching capacity, plus the interesting people he brought in to help him doesn't appear to have had a positive effect at all.
Ten Hag coming in will give these players a proper structure within the team, so each player should know what job he is required to do, and if said player does not, or cannot do that job, then I'm sure they will be replaced.
Those players who start pre season training will all be given a chance to prove their worth, and most of the academy players will eventually go out on loan I would think.
It will be interesting to see if the likes of Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Tuanzebe, Mengi, Chong, Pellestri, Amad, Kovar perform well for Ten Hag, and give him food for thought for next season.

Ollie Derbyshire

A reminder that they had 15 days prep for this game, whilst Palace had TWO DAYS :houllier:
Couldn’t be bothered watching the game, first I’ve missed in many years, this doesn’t matter when players can’t be arsed any more. I assume they all bar DDG put in below average performances.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Sir Alex took his time to remove the poor elements from the squad. and develop the players he retained or signed. Fans calling for 70% of the squad to be removed isn’t going to happen, as it’s just simply unrealistic. The players are better than they’ve shown the last 3 months. I’m very optimistic Ten Hag can improve them, bring through the youngsters and sign a few keys players.
It took SAF over three years to get his team performing, you bring him in now, and a lot of posters on here would be calling for his sacking after half a season.
Yes, the players are individually better than they have shown as a team. It wasn't that long ago that we were beating the likes of Liverpool, City, Milan with pretty much the same players as on show today, so what on earth has gone wrong?

Zlatattack

Just glad the season is over. I stopped caring when it became clear the players didn't.

Red_toad

It took SAF over three years to get his team performing, you bring him in now, and a lot of posters on here would be calling for his sacking after half a season.
Yes, the players are individually better than they have shown as a team. It wasn't that long ago that we were beating the likes of Liverpool, City, Milan with pretty much the same players as on show today, so what on earth has gone wrong?
No one on the Caf knows, unless one of the players comes out and names the issues (which isn’t going to happen) then we’ll not know until someone writes and book and exposes the bad eggs.
The blame starts with the owners and works it’s way down. Thankfully they’re taken action and got rid of Ed and made lots of changes and signed a top class coach. Now they need to give Ten Hag god status at the club and allow him to direct where we go from here.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Is this really from today?

Poor guy..

redmanx

A reminder that they had 15 days prep for this game, whilst Palace had TWO DAYS :houllier:
I didnt bother to watch or even follow this match as I had a good idea it would be another defeat, and it was. At least we remain as the onlt club to have achieved the Treble, but thats scant consolation for United having the worst season I can ever recall, worse in many ways than we were relegated.

redmanx

What's absolutely shocking is that Ten Hag was in attendance, the players knew and still didn't give a damn.
I didnt see the match, but its hard to believe the players didnt go flat out to impress the new manager....not that I doubt what you say at all, its just so hard to believe these are Manchester United players. I hope and pray we get shot of the lot of those who dont care.

NICanRed

It will be interesting to see if the likes of Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Tuanzebe, Mengi, Chong, Pellestri, Amad, Kovar perform well for Ten Hag, and give him food for thought for next season.
I have been watching a few of the Forest games recently to see what the excitement is around Garner. Obviously they trust him enough to take most of their free-kicks and corners and I suppose he's tidy enough in mid-field.
I think I was hoping to see something of the calibre of Gallagher - that's what you would want to see in a loanee! Without him CP are not the same team.

GoPoland!!

Supports
kuntakinte
finally coming to grips that we are now a solid , mid-table team.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Sadly it had to get this bad for the real change to happen.

A shitly run club from top to bottom. It’s horrible to see, but the useless and gutless players are standing out like sore thumbs and will now thankfully move on.

Ralf as manager was awful, but what he brought was brutal honesty and we needed it to be listened to, especially hIs advice to how the board should operate. As thick as Jose was, he called out a lot of the lads who the board decided to keep and give new deals to.

Players and board got away for years with poor decisions and signing the easy targets by paying out what other clubs wouldn’t have done for merely average players. Scouting setup called out as well.

A lot to fix, a lot to do - but we get to start from the bottom with a good gutting

Crimson King

I have been watching a few of the Forest games recently to see what the excitement is around Garner. Obviously they trust him enough to take most of their free-kicks and corners and I suppose he's tidy enough in mid-field.
I think I was hoping to see something of the calibre of Gallagher - that's what you would want to see in a loanee! Without him CP are not the same team.
Gallagher is nothing special. He's a throwback to the all action type of midfielder people cream themselves other, but he doesn't really excel at one thing. He wouldn't improve our midfield as much as you think.

el3mel

It feels great that I won't have to suffer watching Man United for a couple of months. I need to recharge my batteries for the new season, which will probably be shitty as well.

Marwood

As bad as we are it's kind of been glossed over how many players are missing.

You look at the starting XI today and there's really no solid reason to be confident of a win.

That's not to say we had to lose either of course.

Why so many are missing is the big question.

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 121 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Crystal Palace 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Crystal Palace 1:1 Man Utd