PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 February 2023

Shimo

Missed that but, United should appeal for sure now. How is what Ayew doing any different. While it's weak to have given the red but, understandable, fact that same was done in the same exact play but, not even given a card. Club / ETH need to definitely put this forward and bring it up in the press conferences.

Get In Scholesy

An opportunity for a learning curve is made sweeter with 3pts. Players dealt with a lot of adversity today.

I don’t think that Case should have seen red because the refs like to pick and choose when to send players off, you can find instances like that nearly every week that can be deemed violent conduct but reds are hardly ever shown. However, I digress. I’m happy everyone stuck up for each other. Feels nice having a squad that shows such togetherness.

Member 125288

Well I watched it, Casemiro has his hands round his neck, you just can't do that, it's a red card any day of the week
Probably was, but Carroll’s two-footed scissor lunge from behind definitely was. My issue is the consistency of officiating, which seems worse now with VAR than ever.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
the foul on Sabitzer was ridiculous especially b/c he had put Rashford through on goal after clearly winning the ball ....fuking cvnt ref
They didn't show a replay of that and even the commentator, who'd been pro Palace all game, said he couldn't see a foul. Looked a slick bit of play.

Sabitzer impressed which was pleasing.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Was wobbly for obvious reasons for a while but I thought Erik tightened it up well with the double Maguire/Lindelof substitution and it ended up being a lot more relaxed than I expected.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Disgraceful from VAR and referee.
When these melees of pushing etc happen they all push and grope and the ref could actually send of 6/7 players but to choose one out of all that is disgusting.
Shows how much they hate us.

Houdini

Palace are such an unlikable team... I hope they'll get relegated. Stupid from Casemiro. Not only it could have cost us points in a completly controlled and relaxed game, it cost us a lot of energy and a suspension while we are short of midfielders. I like Casemiro (he is our most important player no doubt) adn Schlupp was a twat there, but he 1. started the incident 2. put his hands on the neck!?
Antony is also another hothead (along with Bruno and Fred). Opponents are often targeting him. Palace know their shithousery. Glad we managed it. Martinez MOTM, he saved the day.

Viral United

In 7 min added time ref find way to play till 8.30 min, its really look like ref want CP to have late goal.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Quite please with the 3 points. Martinez was really good, he reads opposition's attacking moves and perfectly nip them in the bud. Antony needs to grow up, his gamemanship is subpar. He could have feigned an injury and get Schlup a card, instead of his reaction that escalated the scene. He indirectly got Casemiro that red card. I wonder why the match officials decided to give 7 minutes additional time, is there a conspiracy against United?
The red card check took ages, there were a few subs and Rash and Bruno had a bit of writhing on the floor and other time wasting. Seven mins maybe harsh but fair, world cup style, which you don't see in the prem so much.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Yeah I’ve not seen it but most pundits are saying the red card is a ridiculous decision yet the Caf seems to think it’s correct?
Most pundits are ex-players that have their own set of rules, not the real ones, so if they say it wasn't a red it confirms it was for me.

Flying high

Palace are such an unlikable team... I hope they'll get relegated. Stupid from Casemiro. Not only it could have cost us points in a completly controlled and relaxed game, it cost us a lot of energy and a suspension while we are short of midfielders. I like Casemiro (he is our most important player no doubt) adn Schlupp was a twat there, but he 1. started the incident 2. put his hands on the neck!?
Antony is also another hothead (along with Bruno and Fred). Opponents are often targeting him. Palace know their shithousery. Glad we managed it. Martinez MOTM, he saved the day.
We needed more hotheads. Look at the fight in the team now, compared with previous years.

Sometimes they will cross the line, I'd rather that though than a bunch nice players that win nothing.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Disgraceful from VAR and referee.
When these melees of pushing etc happen they all push and grope and the ref could actually send of 6/7 players but to choose one out of all that is disgusting.
Shows how much they hate us.
A bit of pushing and shoving is nothing, having your hands around someone's neck is a red car every time

Strelok

TBF most of the pundits are saying it shouldn’t have been a red…
No it should not. A yellow at max. Casemiro wasn't choking Hughes at all. In fact he was just trying to calm that fecker down. Watch that incident again especially after Casemiro let lose and you'd see.

Imo we definitely should appeal this red card. How on earth you got banned for violent conduct when you actually were just trying to stop the violence.

lex talionis

We failed to bury Palace in the first half and almost had to settle for a draw, but the three points were fully deserved. But we need to keep our wits about us. Every match is going to be a dogfight as we’re still everyone’s cup final.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We needed more hotheads. Look at the fight in the team now, compared with previous years.

Sometimes they will cross the line, I'd rather that though than a bunch nice players that win nothing.
Yeah, I would rather have players who will go to war for each other.

TheReligion

Abusive
No it should not. A yellow at max. Casemiro wasn't choking Hughes at all. In fact he was just trying to calm that fecker down. Watch that incident again especially after Casemiro let lose and you'd see.

Imo we definitely should appeal this red card. How on earth you got banned for violent conduct when you actually were just trying to stop the violence.
Get the full video up

Crimson King

That's what's so galling. Hughes was being a mouthy fecker, as soon as Casemiro let go of him the first time he jumped straight back into the fracas.

Casemiro was clumsy more than anything, but the whole thing just highlights how you can be foaming at the mouth with aggression on a football pitch, but it's ok as long as you don't touch anyone on the neck...

Absolute bollocks, talk about not being in the 'spirit' of the rules.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Get the full video up
It was such an idiotic thing to do , with VAR. The moment I saw the replay I was sure it's a red. That's how the game is played these days. People argue Keane used to do that 20 years back. Seriously what the feck, there was no VAR and players got away with far more serious things. Game have changed a lot.

Noone but him to blame.

siw2007

Phew, that’s a relief. That was a great performance, it was an easy game for us mostly, they were useless for 70min. But then the red card changed the game, they got a lucky goal but we showed tremendous battling spirit to get over the line. Casemiro will have to take the stick for a red card, no matter how much Palace deserved the reaction, you just can’t do it. However this was a mess created by a referee, who allowed Palace to kick Casemiro off the park from the get go. The referee deserves stick for this.

We always had to manage Casemiro’s game time before the final, so this kind of means that it manages itself from now on.

Roosney

Missed that but, United should appeal for sure now. How is what Ayew doing any different. While it's weak to have given the red but, understandable, fact that same was done in the same exact play but, not even given a card. Club / ETH need to definitely put this forward and bring it up in the press conferences.
When the VAR check was going on I thought it was for the slap on Fred.

TheReligion

Abusive
It was such an idiotic thing to do , with VAR. The moment I saw the replay I was sure it's a red. That's how the game is played these days. People argue Keane used to do that 20 years back. Seriously what the feck, there was no VAR and players got away with far more serious things. Game have changed a lot.

Noone but him to blame.
From what I’m reading he’s had him by the collar yet the VAR has simply shown a still image to the ref from one angle?

Also questions as to why Ayew wasn’t sent off and no action for the foul?

Seems very lopsided to me but I’ll have to see it all

DevilRed

Second that. No more soft touches like lindelof.

Sadly he actually might be playing in midfield for the next one if we have any more injuries.

Ceteris

Should appeal that red card, you just need to look at Hughes. Where did the violent conduct occur?

There was more violence in what Schlup did to Antony and he only got a yellow

Ridiculous decision

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Should appeal that red card, you just need to look at Hughes. Where did the violent conduct occur?

There was more violence in what Schlup did to Antony and he only got a yellow

Ridiculous decision
If they appeal and lose wouldn't it push the ban back a game and he would miss the final.

Flexdegea

Felt like old times kinda game at the end protecting the league.

The butcher was immense.

Think back to pundits writing him off as being too small :lol:

Strelok

Get the full video up
I don't have it maybe @GifLord
That's what's so galling. Hughes was being a mouthy fecker, as soon as Casemiro let go of him the first time he jumped straight back into the fracas.
That's what I was talking about. The moment Casemiro let lose of Hughes that fecker got straight back into the fracas.

Unless there is a law written that if a player put his hands around the neck of another player then he got red card or it's only a yellow max imo. Casemiro got a red card for a violent conduct when he was clearly just trying to stop the violence and didn't want to hurt anyone.

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 227 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 45% Man Utd 2:0 Crystal Palace
  • 20% Man Utd 3:0 Crystal Palace