PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 October 2014

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Please... he was not the De Gea we knew. Some of the goals imo were questionable. There is this thing on this forum were you HAVE to defend De Gea no matter what. I remember his first season here when we was making terrible mistakes and people even defended him for that saying how it's the defenders fault for blocking his view etc etc...

De Gea is a world class goal keeper and after Di Maria is probably our best player in the squad and he's also still 23 so he's not going to have the consistency of a very seasoned goal keeper - he'll have some off days and there's nothing wrong in mentioning that.
No people thought he was getting unfair critique, the media were on his back from the start, no one ever claimed he was perfect or needed to improve aspects of his game (which he has). The point the previous poster was making was he hasn't been bad (therefore not out of form).

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
No people thought he was getting unfair critique, the media were on his back from the start, no one ever claimed he was perfect or needed to improve aspects of his game (which he has). The point the previous poster was making was he hasn't been bad (therefore not out of form).
Most were but there were a few on here who I argued with as well that insisted it was not his mistake at all. And for De Gea's standards just being not bad isn't good enough so I still think he was a bit out of form in the previous games.

Browniee

It's weird - I should, really, be incredibly annoyed by how we went to complete shit in that last 10/15 minutes... but, because we got the win, because it was such a relief after how tense/nerve-wracking it was, and because DDG made one of the best saves I've ever seen, I find it hard to get that annoyed about it.

Sometimes, through whatever United are doing, football is just fecking entertaining... and yesterday was one of those days. I think I'll remember that stoppage time for years to come, and those sort of memories are why you watch football in the first place.

Not that I want us to do this every week mind...
As good as yesterday's was it still wasn't as good as his save against Mata in the 3-3 draw at Stamford bridge. That really was out of this world

Red_toad

Please... he was not the De Gea we knew. Some of the goals imo were questionable. There is this thing on this forum were you HAVE to defend De Gea no matter what. I remember his first season here when we was making terrible mistakes and people even defended him for that saying how it's the defenders fault for blocking his view etc etc...

De Gea is a world class goal keeper and after Di Maria is probably our best player in the squad and he's also still 23 so he's not going to have the consistency of a very seasoned goal keeper - he'll have some off days and there's nothing wrong in mentioning that.
For me loss in form for a keeper would mean they're at fault for goals. Sorry you & others don't agree but it's my opinion, he's not out of form if he doesn't pull of world class saves week in week out, in my book. As I said see Joe Hart for an out of form keeper, worlds apart, Hart was once possibly the best keeper in the league, now a pail shadow.
As for defending him in his early United careers, they obviously saw the potential & wanted to counter the media frenzy against the lad. But we had just as many fans who wanted him dropped & argued our current no2 was the better player!

Sparky Rhiwabon

Sober up Mcnair has played 2 games
And Smalling has played more than enough games to prove to me he shouldn't be starting ahead of him! Smalling is like a very good lower league defender. Sometimes he will look really good against Premier League strikers, other times he looks out of his depth.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Was Falcao the lone forward up top or was he always partnered with another at his previous clubs?
I don't know about his time in South America, but in Europe, he was the lone striker in a 4-3-3 in Porto and partnered with Diego Costa in Atletico Madrid, though Costa did play off of Falcao rather than beside him. In Monaco, he played as a lone striker in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 setup whenever he was fit.

LeftyBlaster

I don't know about his time in South America, but in Europe, he was the lone striker in a 4-3-3 in Porto and partnered with Diego Costa in Atletico Madrid, though Costa did play off of Falcao rather than beside him. In Monaco, he played as a lone striker in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 setup whenever he was fit.
Righto Woody, chop chop, sign up Costa!

Loublaze

ATLien
And Smalling has played more than enough games to prove to me he shouldn't be starting ahead of him! Smalling is like a very good lower league defender. Sometimes he will look really good against Premier League strikers, other times he looks out of his depth.
Jerk of the knee

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 93% of 975 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 637 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win