PL L FA Premier League

Everton 3:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 26 April 2015

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Indeed. Hull and Palace are both brilliant teams. Impossible that we will win either of them, truly improbable. I think we'll lose 5-0 to both of them.

Oh come on, we are better than this. We beat Liverpool away from home and have had a few good performance on the road. It's not like we're this terrible.
Hull is the last game of the season, so our fate, I would hope will be sealed by then and hopefully Hull's as well. Palace are bad at home for some reason. Hull beat them on Saturday. LvG will be kicking butt today. Some players who thought they were safe at United might not be now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Hull is the last game of the season, so our fate, I would hope will be sealed by then and hopefully Hull's as well. Palace are bad at home for some reason. Hull beat them on Saturday. LvG will be kicking butt today. Some players who thought they were safe at United might not be now.
We're much better than both Palace and Hull. Palace have nothing to play for, you can expect them to raise their game against us but if we play well it should be a win. Hull on the final day will depend on their position to an extent but we went there with second team in 2008, them needing a point to be sure of safety and we still won - they only stayed up because Newcastle lost.

LeftyBlaster

We're much better than both Palace and Hull. Palace have nothing to play for, you can expect them to raise their game against us but if we play well it should be a win. Hull on the final day will depend on their position to an extent but we went there with second team in 2008, them needing a point to be sure of safety and we still won - they only stayed up because Newcastle lost.
Famous last words before all the points we dropped this season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Famous last words before all the points we dropped this season.
Of course it's possible that we'll drop points but pessimism and saying that someone cannot possibly see how we could win against them is over the top, that's all.

DomesticTadpole

Of course it's possible that we'll drop points but pessimism and saying that someone cannot possibly see how we could win against them is over the top, that's all.
Liverpool will drop points, hasn't anyone been watching them? They are done for the season. Some seem to think they will go the rest of the season unbeaten, not a cat in hells chance.

Shark

@NotShark
Does that ever really matter? the table suggests we're a lot better than Everton and they've just given us a spanking. The players really have to get back into the mode of treating every single game left like a cup final. Big or small teams.

DomesticTadpole

Does that ever really matter? the table suggests we're a lot better than Everton and they've just given us a spanking. The players really have to get back into the mode of treating every single game left like a cup final. Big or small teams.
Everton are a lot better team than the table suggests and were in good form. Also it is like having 9 men going there, Rooney never performs against them and I think he has gone into one of his end of season slumps. We also knew Fellaini was going to be targeted.

LeftyBlaster

No of course not. But the notion of being better than anyone has long been thrown out the window this season especially with regards to ourselves. We should be approaching every game like our lives are on the line.

SammyUnited_83

I didn't say "I can't possibly see how we could win", I said 'At this moment, I can't see us beating Hull and Palace' which when you look at our away form is hardly a bold claim.

Last time I looked we dropped points to Swansea, Burnley, Sunderland, Leicester, Villa, Everton, West Brom, Wet Ham - so just presuming we are going to win away from home is very dangerous, and IF Liverpool win their games then draws are going to put us under severe pressure.

IF Liverpool win their next 2 games, they will be a point behind when we go into the game away to Palace, it's not inconceivable we could draw that game, which will then give them so much encouragement to beat Chelsea, especially as by doing so they will go above us before we play Arsenal.

I don't think Liverpool will do that and I hope Hull pull something off tomorrow, but if they don't Liverpool will have more than a sniff.

Get past West Brom and we need to treat that Palace game as a cup final.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
We are clueless at breaking down a tight and well drilled defence and have been all season. Liverpool, City and Spurs did not have good defensive organisation when we played them.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 461 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Everton 0:2 Man Utd
  • 20% Everton 1:3 Man Utd