PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sun, 15 December 2019

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It was an improvement from the Villa draw and the earlier ones, at least we had created many chances. Martial didn't show up, Rashford seemed to be making all the wrong decisions in 1 day, all relying on James to put it away but his finishing failed him. I guess we have to wait until Greenwood to mature say in 3-4 years time before we have a prolific striker....
Greenwood is gonna be tearing it up by the end of this season.

darko

Lingard.... what a miss. It’s why he is and always will be a squad player for us. He’s what, 25, 26? His work rate has always been great, he’s constantly moving, but champions put that chance in the back of the net. Not good enough to play 10 for us. It’s that simple.

The Ole Out crew would say it was tactics that caused us to drop the 2 points. No. Not enough talent in certain positions will kill you in this league. Lingard failing to put away that easy chance, it’s the difference between CL and Europa. No manager can overcome that kind of wastefulness in front of goal.
I'd rather have Mata as my #10 squad player, but you are right, United need a first-class #10.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Went to the game, but the other end can be so far away you have to wait and see things on tv later.

The stills of that challenge on De Gea look a lot worse than the actual contact in my opinion.

He's had a slight arm on him, so I'm not actually sure that is a foul to be honest. I was expecting him getting elbowed

DSG

I'd rather have Mata as my #10 squad player, but you are right, United need a first-class #10.
Neither are a fit. Both have a hard time moving the ball into attacking positions. Mata just can’t compete physically anymore, but much better technically. Lingard can physically compete, but isn’t good enough technically to play the 10. And people wonder why we can’t break down well organized sides...

Fitchett

Lingard.... what a miss. It’s why he is and always will be a squad player for us. He’s what, 25, 26? His work rate has always been great, he’s constantly moving, but champions put that chance in the back of the net. Not good enough to play 10 for us. It’s that simple.

The Ole Out crew would say it was tactics that caused us to drop the 2 points. No. Not enough talent in certain positions will kill you in this league. Lingard failing to put away that easy chance, it’s the difference between CL and Europa. No manager can overcome that kind of wastefulness in front of goal.
Yesterday was LIngard's 27th birthday. A shocking miss early on and a ball in the face were not the best way to celebrate.

Craig Ward

It was a foul and 99.9% is given as one.
If De Gea had tried to win the ball convincingly, he could have. He didnt look confident coming out, and turned his back under minimal contact. He wasnt exactly flattened was he?

De Gea was weak for me.

That being said, keepers are usually given the benefit of the doubt in these scenarios and a foul given. VAR should have given the foul, but its another individual error that cost us in reality.

We had enough chances to win

pacifictheme

If De Gea had tried to win the ball convincingly, he could have. He didnt look confident coming out, and turned his back under minimal contact. He wasnt exactly flattened was he?

De Gea was weak for me.

That being said, keepers are usually given the benefit of the doubt in these scenarios and a foul given. VAR should have given the foul, but its another individual error that cost us in reality.

We had enough chances to win
De geas commitment is irrelevant really. He was fouled and its baffling how it wasn't given even on review. Having said that, like you say we did have enough chances to win the match.

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 44% of 269 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 275 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw