PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sun, 15 December 2019

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
After we equalised we were abysmal. Last 10min were an embarrassment.
Typical mid table club, we up our game vs the best and play like shit vs everyone else.

False dawn number 100

also Rashford is a stupid, stupid footballer

Betson

Really disappointing again , a injury depleted Everton team should not be taking any away pt.

A lot of the good work and good will from the last two games just gone again in another sloppy performance , we are just not good enough to get any kind of consistent run going.

And in big danger of turning into one of those clubs who can up it for the glamour games but just can't do it to any decent level week in week out. Those clubs rarely if ever win anything and that is where we are also heading.

MonkeysMagic

I'm not sure what additional evidence fans want to see to come to the conclusion that Ole is severely limited as a top level manager. In 50+ games our passing, set pieces, defending, shooting have not improved. Blame individual players all you like, ultimately the manager has to take collective responsibility.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
VAR fecked us over. Martial wasn't very good. Rashford didn't look like he wanted to play today. James' end product was awful but at least he tried. Lingard. Lindelöf is frightening sometimes. Already one OG and he tried for another under no pressure.

It was just a poor game but we still should have won like so many other games this season. Same business as usual when we're not playing a team like that likes possession.

diarm

We weren't great but we did enough to win that game. Their goal was a direct result of a clear foul on the keeper that you see given 999 times out of 1000 and at the end there was as clear a penalty as you'll see, totally ignored by VAR.

Too many players look happy to sit off and let other players stand up to win these games. When we equalised it was as though they were all expecting us to crack on and win it, but not enough of them were willing to be the ones to make that happen.

Martial, Lingard, De Gea and Shaw were poor I thought. Rashford tried hard but made poor decisions. James, Fred and Wan Bissaka were our best players, along with Greenwood when he came on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think we were that bad today, the first half sure was pretty at extended periods but we showed more urgency in the second.

There isn't much chemistry among our front men though, a lot of selfish shots. I do get frustrated when I see James/Rashford/Lingard busting a gut to pressure the defenders and Martial doing a half arsed jog to close them down. It's so obvious he can't be fecked off the ball.

bondsname

Absolutely furious. Almost broke my phone. Once again the players disappoint us.

Devil77

I like that we never seemed to give up. This team has great potential in my opinion. Still lack that one special player to make something happen when the attacks don’t click. Happy for Greenwood though.

The Everton goal was a fluke and should have resulted in a free kick for De Gea.

So, dissapointing, but another baby step forward.

ash_86

I don't know how Lingard survived 60+ mins. He had to be subbed off after an awful first half. Poor game management by Ole

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That was a huge game for us fans. Not so much for the players, it seems.

Why does their energy/motivation drop against (so-called) inferior teams?
That's been going on since Sir Alex left to be honest. Management needs to get in some great sports psychologist or something. Our confidence is so fragile as well that once we concede we just seem to go into our shells. I dunno. Depressing.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Ole needs wake up, does he think he can win playing counter attacking everytime? Does he have anything in his sleeves? Stop holding back Greenwood, time to sit Lingard as on the bench. What is stupid coach!!

Nick7

Back to normal. Was expecting worse but still feel deflated after watching that.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Nowhere near good enough, from players or Ole. everton showed more passion, ferguson reflected that. ole made changes too late. as for performances, maybe the least said the better but choice making from many of our players is so poor, particaularly rashford today. and he and martial have so little idea of clever runs off the ball. again today they were static far too much. awb had another good game and of course their goal should have been disallowed (but DDG was poor when trying to deal with it). I said after the city game that this and burnley would show what we are really like and so far I hasve not changed my mind that Ole isn't good enough to be managing the biggest football club in the world. meanwhile, compare this with the spurs result at wolves

Ban

Can’t think of too many good performances today. Don’t think Rashford and Martial have done anywhere near enough...when you compare them to effort and work rate of CalvertLewin and Richarlison. McTominay had perhaps he is worst game in a long long time. Lindelof terrible. Likewise Shaw and DeGea.

Fred continued his good form. Maguire trying at least to force things and AWB doing what AWB does best
Why DDG and Shaw, I thought they were ok.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Lingarrd was terrible. Could not even control the ball at all. Just basic stuff.

Mctominah was poor as well. Second to everything.

Fred and Maguire were our best players.

We simply have to get rid of Lingarrd asap. Move Pogba into the ten when he comes back.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Very frustrating... First off there goal should never have stood in a million years, and second after we actually scored we did sod all.

MetoTTT

We don't want Top 4. Pathetic result against a poor side (half of their players were out).

Gasolin

We came to life when Greenwood came on which shows you Lingard was the weak link. Also Martial. Useless player. The sooner those two are replaced the better.
Shame Rashford didnt have the best game, ditto McTominay but at least we did look like the better teams.
Slight tweaks necessary. Dont wanna see Lingard or Martial playing again. Greenwood is now comfortably better than Martial
Martial hold up is second to none, Lingard should move out but if Martial stays, he can be a more technical link in the team. We just need a better finisher, someone who's more motivated to go in the box.

wolvored

Garbage again against a poor side. Drop Lingard make a tactic to play Greenwood from the start. Its happening too many times now against teams we really should be putting away. Rashford and Martial havent a clue how to get through a packed defence and this wasnt as packed as others.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
We should’ve won today. Didn’t play to good but their goal should’ve been disallowed. Greenwood is on fire, what a foot he has

stu_1992

Huge opportunity missed to put big pressure on Chelsea for Top 4. Now we've let Spurs back in ahead of us, granted they do have to play each other this month. Momentum has taken a kick in the teeth again.

Ridiculous to put a first half performance like that in. I'm not sure when we will learn to break teams like this down, and how to not let a bright start fade out.

Second half was better from a sustained pressure point of view. Great goal for Greenwood and I'm delighted for him to continue scoring like that. But I would have liked that to come earlier so that we would have more time for a second. We still had time but we didn't look too dangerous after that.

Still think that was a foul on De Gea.

Snafu17

Yeah, not good enough. Midfield was plain bad, Mctominay with his worst game in a while, Lingard was nonexistent and Fred showed a lot of energy but he was awful in the final third. Neither Martial nor Rashford were in the game at all. Both CB's were just way too sluggish and you really need them to be sharp ob the halfway line if your going to play a pressing game.

All in all, it is what it is. We seem to play worse whenever there's any kind of pressure to perform so that's definitely a big problem. When Pogba comes back, he should be a big help against teams that will drop deep but even with him we can't really afford to be outfought by a team like Everton.

Stretfordender

Martial just going through the motions, offers nothing in games like that. No way does he do enough to be a united player

moodyred

Lingard should never have started.
Martial makes me really upset. I can't remember when he ever put on a consistent run of form.
Rashford was poor today, but having played so well in so many games, I would say he is allowed one poor game.

Maguire was taking more responsibility in dictating the game in the second half and was almost playing as a midfield in the second half. I do like that.

Luke Shaw started poorly, but became better in the second half.

Overall, very disappointed with the scoreline.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mason Holgate was probably the best central midfielder on the pitch. And he’s not even a central midfielder.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Greenwood's insane finish and AWB's tackles are the two things I'll try to remember from this game. The rest was just more of the same garbage we've sadly become used to seeing against teams that know how to play against us.

Reynoldo

Sigh...what’s the point. Any bit of joy from a good couple of results is just sucked right out again in no time, it’s all painfully repetitive!

Ban

Nowhere near good enough, from players or Ole. everton showed more passion, ferguson reflected that. ole made changes too late. as for performances, maybe the least said the better but choice making from many of our players is so poor, particaularly rashford today. and he and martial have so little idea of clever runs off the ball. again today they were static far too much. awb had another good game and of course their goal should have been disallowed (but DDG was poor when trying to deal with it). I said after the city game that this and burnley would show what we are really like and so far I hasve not changed my mind that Ole isn't good enough to be managing the biggest football club in the world. meanwhile, compare this with the spurs result at wolves
What's so special about Spurs result?

redom

Only ourselves to blame, Everton a bit lucky with VAR but we really should have dealt with that situation a lot better.

Had a real opportunity today to close the gap to top 4 and once again we come up short. Coming off the back of 3 good wins and rivals faltering it's incredibly frustrating to see that kind of performance and doesn't make me believe we're going to have the level of quality and consistency needed to push up the table.

Bobski

Real lack of quality showed against a poor Everton team who had little to hurt us with given the patchwork nature of their side. We struggle to break teams down, nothing new there, and defensively we are not secure enough.

RedIan

So, so disappointing (again) . When will we learn if we start at pedestrian pace we always struggle. Rashford had an off day with his shooting. Martial failed to turn up (again) ... midfield were not clicking - SO thank feck for Greenwood rescuing us a point with a clinical finish and also thank feck for WBS awesome tackling... he was mom imo as he saved us going further behind several times.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Martial just going through the motions, offers nothing in games like that. No way does he do enough to be a united player
been saying this all season (and getting the usual abuse from the ones wewraing-red-tinted glasses)

reddevil702

Performance I’ve come to expect under Ole. Nothing will change until he’s replaced. We had the better midfield by far and yet we couldn’t take advantage of it going forward. Instead we chose to have Lindelof and Maguire send long balls and bypass our midfield completely. Can’t wait to hear him talk about margins and the boys learning from this.

Adamsk7

We don’t have any creative players to unlock defences, only counter attacking ones. This is exactly what I expected and a draw was a fair result.

To be honest, considering the previous opposition, I’ll take 7 points from the last three games.

in January/Summer we need to focus exclusively on players that are better at possession football. We’re on the right track though, IMO. This isn’t a game to hammer the “Ole Out” narrative.

JG3001

I know he doesn’t have much to work with when it comes to our squad, but I’m still just not convinced by Ole at all

Andersons Dietician

Fred another good performance. Probably our man of the match. Was everywhere again. We probably really ask too much of him. He and McT get through so much work it sometimes pulls them out of position.
Lingard was terrible. Lost count of how many times his touch killed a promising move. Compare it to Martial in that first half who was taking the ball with ease under pressure from 2 or 3 and still coming away with the ball and this guy Lingard can be in acres of space with no one around him and somehow still loses it.

Chances also falling to the wrong people like James and Lingard. Just not good enough.

Rashford had a bit of a I’ll do this myself mindset. Just not making the right decisions. Ignored good overlaps from Shaw a few times.

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 44% of 269 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 275 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw