PL W FA Premier League

Everton 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 November 2020

OleTheGreat

First half response was good. Second half was again conservative. Martial needs to work on retaining the ball. He gave away the ball many times and so did Rashford. Bruno was good. Lindelof De Gea almost gave away a goal, was nervy. All in all, a decent game. Good result. Happy for Cavani who got off the mark. Bruno turned unselfish at the perfect moment. Ole is saved for now but I hope we push on from here.

OT1214

What a rant from Ole!! Hope Shaw’s injury isn’t serious.
We only seem to play well when our backs are against the wall. Hope we start attacking teams from the offset rather than having to go behind and then wake up. Bruno, Fred, Shaw, Maguire and McT were very good. Rashford and Martial wasteful. I hope Martial stops his stupid flicks around the box. Never comes off and kills many of our attacks. He also should press better.

Great response from the team. Hope we maintain some consistency. Its been a roller coaster ride so far this season.

Nik70

Everton suddently a poor team again. Jesus christ, its like clockwork. Before the game people probably talked about Everton challenging for top 3. The United Curse, or what is it? Ole lose, ole bad, Ole Win, Opponent Bad.

God, you can get tired of this forum.
haha that's the truth....

Marcus

Very good and controlled performance. Thank goodness we got Telles for cover.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Presume it's a combination of the broadcasters and the EPL, rather than the FA. That's what we get when the clubs just cave in if there's more money on offer, so it's a deal with the devil by the EPL clubs.
Unfortunately it is. They want the big bucks to spend, so the TV companies call the tune.

dev1l

Everton suddently a poor team again. Jesus christ, its like clockwork. Before the game people probably talked about Everton challenging for top 3. The United Curse, or what is it? Ole lose, ole bad, Ole Win, Opponent Bad.

Agreed . Sad but true

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Bruno is fab. Fred was great as well. Congrats to Cavani for his first goal for us. Hopefully much more to come.

As an aside, thanks to the Everton fans for their gesture to Rashford thanking him for his input in getting meals for kids. I've only just seen it. Made me a little tearful.

Otherwise, happy for the three points and a little rest from the negativity.

I_live_cement

Cat freak

It's the world we live in, unfortunately.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Good 3 points.

Maguire, Fred and Bruno were great, the rest of the players not so much. Lindelof yet again fecks up where he should not which leads to a goal. You cant be this much of a fanny when you are a PL CB. Rashford poor, but at least he gets involved. Martial is the most frustrating player i have ever seen in a United shirt. He makes Nani look like a beacon of consistency

kiristao

I agree. Way too often when we win it's because the other team is poor and not because we were good and made them look poor.
We were not scintillating from any stretch of the imagination but we did do well. Negated Calvert-Lewin and James well. Showed a lot of fight.

Jaykespeare88

Martial has really improved with his back to goal but too often his isolated against 3 opposition players.

VivaRonaldo85

Great performance. We are down right consistently inconsistent. Certainly in the league, we look so much better away from Old Trafford. I just can’t explain it.

Fred, McT & Bruno all outstanding today and nullified their strong midfield. Mention to Maguire too who was much more solid at the back.

This now puts the Ole in/out chat as a cat amongst the pigeons. Maybe his uncharacteristic post match rant is related to this.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I agree. Way too often when we win it's because the other team is poor and not because we were good and made them look poor.
We were not scintillating from any stretch of the imagination but we did do well. Negated Calvert-Lewin and James well. Showed a lot of fight.
Agree with you guys.

Honestly, it can't be fun be playing for our club. I think the coaching team needs to find some method to help the players block out all external narratives - good and bad. Not saying we don't underperform at times, but it's like, we're never allowed to be bad under any circumstances.
How can anyone play well in that environment?

I've had to run away from any negative narrative I see developing, because it's depressing, and I'm only a supporter.

Devil may care

I got a call just before the game that both my parents have tested positive for covid, so I watched it in a bit of a daze. Solid performance but we've seen this movie multiple times, I think its just papering over the cracks, it's not a side with a big future imo and I hate the fact that money and bias is dictating the subs.

This will keep Ole safe until May I imagine, but I think we'll continue to see the wildly erratic performances as there are several of these "key" players Ole favours that are wildly erratic with a very low bottom level.

kirk buttercup

I got a call just before the game that both my parents have tested positive for covid, so I watched it in a bit of a daze. Solid performance but we've seen this movie multiple times, I think its just papering over the cracks, it's not a side with a big future imo and I hate the fact that money and bias is dictating the subs.

This will keep Ole safe until May I imagine, but I think we'll continue to see the wildly erratic performances as there are several of these "key" players Ole favours that are wildly erratic with a very low bottom level.
Hope they are ok . Hope they get over Covid soon .

Coops73

Good win.

Bruno, Fred and Maguire were excellent today, well deserved and good to see Cavani get a goal.

Enjoyed seeing Ole pissed at the end, I like to see that emotion.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!

Everton have lost 3 on the bounce and have been very poor since their great start.. people got overhyped on them. Maybe they will find their form again but i dont think we beat a top side today. They didnt play very well.

It was a good win but dont get carried away again. This team needs to win 5 in a row before i feel like theyre turning it around. We win one game and some people start to think were back and about to kick off only to lose the next 2.

kirk buttercup

I thought they did well today . The way Everton set up seemed to Suit us but enough Negativity it was a good performance and well done to the lads and well done to Ole . I think the painfully obvious things are that Pogba does not fit into our best Team and im not sure why we bought VdB . Martial wasnt great and Rashford wasnt much better. Fred and Bruno battling it out for MoTM for me .

Walters_19_MuFc

Deserved winners. Even before Everton scored, I felt we were in control.

Following Bernard's goal, we reacted well, which is not always something we tend to do.

Two beautifully well worked goals won us the game.

From a defensive point of view, Everton did create some overloads down the left (our right) and looked dangerous at times, but felt Lindelof and especially Maguire dealt with more or less everything in the box today.

All in all, solid performance in a high pressured game.

DevTheRed

If we had have signed Partey, he would have covered what it takes the pair of them to cover and we could play another attacking player.
Yup I agree, I’ve always said that we need an upgrade in that area.. but with what we’ve got at the moment they’re the best we have!

Champagne Football

That we don’t usually win when he doesn’t play and have had to bring him on before we did win the games. Should be fairly obvious. Though he did come on when we were winning against Brighton in the league cup as well.
Pogba has been in the first XI for all 3 of our PL this season. Pogba has not been in the first XI for 2 of our 3 PL winning games this season. He didn't start in our draw to Chelsea. In our biggest win this season away to PSG he didn't start.

I think it's very clear that he should not be starting in our first XI again unless we have an injury crisis. Let's just leave it at that.

acnumber9

Pogba has been in the first XI for all 3 of our PL this season. Pogba has not been in the first XI for 2 of our 3 PL winning games this season. He didn't start in our draw to Chelsea. In our biggest win this season away to PSG he didn't start.

I think it's very clear that he should not be starting in our first XI again unless we have an injury crisis. Let's just leave it at that.
I agree he shouldn’t be starting currently. Doesn’t change the fact that generally speaking we’ve had to bring him on before actually winning the games. As a midfield two we won’t win enough games with Fred and McTominay because they aren’t good enough on the ball. But both have been better than Matic and Pogba for the most part this season. I think long term it’s too limited for a team of United’s expectations. Let’s just leave it at that.

RedDevilRoshi

Deserved win. Even when we went 1-0 down, I still thought we were the better team

Wish we could play all our PL games away from home :lol:

reelworld

Fred was really good, but McTominay was woeful on the ball. Got a nice pass or two and that's it.
But he got legs and can provide energy in the middle that we desperately needs.

Dante

Average bang
I like the idea of Pogba on the wing.

His crossing is great, and his movement in the box is as good as anybody else's in the squad not called Edinson.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 77% of 351 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 330 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw