PL W FA Premier League

Everton 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 November 2020

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Excellent, controlled away performance. Maguire's best game in an age, Fred superb, delighted to see Cavani open his account. Bruno not always brilliant in possession but a constant influence, talking non-stop, winding up the opposition, very happy with him. They certainly didn't look close to downing tools out there. Life in the old dog yet.

King Eric 7

That sounded like a manager who knew his neck was on the line. More of the same please Ole.

Raw

Great result today. However, it only matters if it’s the start of a solid run. We need to take maximum points in the league from now until we play City.

West Brom (H)
Southampton (A)
West Ham (A)
Oof, Saints and West Ham are gonna be tricky. Seems like the tough games never seem to end.

Tapori

Beautifle win. Good game and good performence against a good side. I loved the fact that we wern't bullied as we always are at Goodison. Fernandes brilliant. Shaw, Fred and Maguire great.

Once again shocking stuff in our match thred. Anti Solskjaer don't even hide the fact that they want us to lose.
//this
matchday threads have always been intense

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Ole absolutely furious at BT for picking us for the Saturday lunchtime match after being away in Turkey on Wednesday. Basically refused to talk about the match.

wolvored

Thought Maguire had a really good game. Runner up for my man of the match obviously after Bruno. Should have one a penalty and was strong at the back for the best part, some really good forward balls as well.
He pushes Pickford first, they were never gonna give a pen after that.

koop

Eek Shaw out for a while and Rashford out for a little bit by the sounds of it

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
Didn't think we were good. The usual sloppiness in possession we've come to accept and expect. Relying on counter attacking against a poor team. Relying on individual quality in Bruno. He'll keep his job and the inconsistency will continue.
Everton suddently a poor team again. Jesus christ, its like clockwork. Before the game people probably talked about Everton challenging for top 3. The United Curse, or what is it? Ole lose, ole bad, Ole Win, Opponent Bad.

God, you can get tired of this forum.

kiristao

For me the best part was the desire and fight shown by more players. Getting in the face of the opponents. Fighting and winning lots of 50-50 challenges.
Performance was decent.
Bruno, Shaw, Maguire and Fred - excellent
Mctominay, Lindelof - good
Mata, AWB - decent
Rashford and Martial - poor
Rashford should have done better with his chances. Martial was really poor.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
God those commentators are so bias against united.
I changed from Sky because Steve McManaman has two brain cells and he's lost one of them. Switched to NBC, and his bigger, more stupid cousin Jim Beglin is acting the absolute fecking gowl there. No escape.

R'hllor

Highlight of the match day thread, people screaming for penalty on Slabhead and completely ignoring ( or blind 10/10) his push on that clown of a GK.

HowYouDoin

Eek Shaw out for a while and Rashford out for a little bit by the sounds of it
Well we can live with that. Time to get Telles going and hopefully Greenwood gets more playing time too. We have great depth this year.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
What has happened to Greenwood because we are in trouble without him? We cannot keep playing Mata. Maybe move Martial to the right and play Cavani up front. But we need Greenwood back.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I can't tell you how much I hate it when we seemingly decide to sit back on a lead - especially for 45 minutes. we weren't even particularly good at it when we were winning titles. what did Ole say at half time? that said, the defence was good in the second 45. I am one of Maguire's biggest critics but he was brilliant today. Lindelof was also good after the break.

Fred and Scotty were excellent in midfield and I know everyone else will give MoM to Bruno (and I fecking loved his interview: he clearly was saying that too many people hide too often) but for me it will be Fred of Harry. Once again, when Bruno plays well, the team plays well and he's possibly have got a hat-trick if we'd got the blatant penalty that Michael Oliver was obviously snoozing through at VAR headquarters!

Another thing that stuck out fo me was just how different it is with a top-class finisher up front. Rashford and Martial still haven't learnt when to pass and when not too - both were poor; with Martial awful. Meanwhile, Cavani busted a gut to get up with Bruno for his goal and (yes it was easy) there was never a doubt it was going in. Rashford had a chance to put him in a few minutes earlier and shot himself. We must, must must have a RvN type.

It would be nice to think we will now go on a run but I'm not convinced that will happen. We need a world-class winger.

Ludens the Red

Weird game, really happy with bits yet was annoyed with a lot of things in the game, mainly involving Martial and Rashford. If they had their game on today we could have won that game 8-1 with the space in behind Everton left.
Nonetheless great result, players ran themselves into the ground except Martial and Rashford. Maguire defended the box really well too.

Holocene

What has happened to Greenwood because we are in trouble without him? We cannot keep playing Mata. Maybe move Martial to the right and play Cavani up front. But we need Greenwood back.
Ole said Greenwood wasn't feeling well last night. Hence why he wasn't in the squad.

kiristao

Ole also showing some aggression in the his post match interview. Ripping it into the FA for the scheduling.

RashyForPM

Loved Edi’s tenacity before his goal. He deserved his goal today. Has to start over Martial against WBA in two weeks.

big rons sovereign

Loved that from ole, he's had the media hammer him all season and wanking themselves flat over poch.
Comes out and tells them bollox. Good man.

thesheriffjw

Why is martial playing?

he has one good game in five

his shoulders are sloped. He looks miserable and his lack of effort on the press is sad

Giggsy13

Ole rightfully pissed off about the premier league’s scheduling of a lunch time kick off.

1nil

Shocking refreeing. Even worse commentary. I’m so glad we didn’t get kicked off the park and gave it back to them. Tony and rashford need to find that fire over the break. Greenwood needs to be locked inside the house.

Nik70

Amazing first half! Second half not so much. Outstanding performance from Bruno. On the other hand Martial was total shite!!

Edy2

Everton suddently a poor team again. Jesus christ, its like clockwork. Before the game people probably talked about Everton challenging for top 3. The United Curse, or what is it? Ole lose, ole bad, Ole Win, Opponent Bad.

God, you can get tired of this forum.
I am reacting to what I have seen today on the pitch. They looked very erratic in possession and poor defensively. I was never in the camp of calling them good. They were in a purple patch. I would rate them an average team who played poorly today.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 77% of 351 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 330 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw