PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:3 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 06 February 2021

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
United need a leader at the back - that defensive line for a free kick in that position in the last minute of the game was pure cowardice. Invited the ball like that and the guy who should be leading the backline drops back too early to play everyone onside anyway!

48 hours

I honestly despair at this team.
Another game where we are hanging on.
DDG reverting to a rabbit in headlights.
The central defence with a performance Macc town would be ashamed of.
Rashford being unable to finish again.

Okey

I'm off to drink myself silly and go to bed. That's inexcusable. We have a snow flake in goal, and can be a nightmare defensively at the best of times. How do you control a game so comfortably and not come away with 3 points???

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
DDG - over the hill
Harry Maguire - Never quite made it up the hill.
Lindelof is still on his way to the hill.
Rashford misses too many chances.
Fred is not really any good.

Look we have a good team and we will get top 4, but to get near an actual genuine challenge for the league again hard decisions have to be made. A CB overhaul and a new keeper. A Winger and a better forward than Rashford

MalcolmTucker

We played well in attack, crap in defence.

De Gea played like a complete pussy

stu_1992

I'm at a loss for words at that end. I can't believe we threw that game away in the way we did. It feels like we conceded every time Everton went forward despite the fact we played otherwise well and dominated the play. No point in dominating if you can't rely on your defense to not feck up in the few chances you do give away.

DickDastardly

This team never seems to learn anything.

What's this, the umpteenth time this has happened?

We used to be the ones scoring 90+ goals, now we seem to be conceding one every other game that matters.

What is it? Mentality? Stupidity? Lack of composure?

Someone

Something
De gea was so poor. And why bring an unexperienced player at this time.

We really played well but feel let down by de gea and how ole has managed this game.

wolvored

we will win feck all with that defence. I would rther Ole spend the money in the summer on a new goalie who isnt rooted to the spot and cowardly and 2 CD who dont crumble at the slightest bit of pressure. Racked off.

Get In Scholesy

Pathetic.

Couldn’t fight to the end, today of all days

Fully deserved result. Absolutely shambolic in the back. Cowardice all around, the Tuanzebe sub was highly unnecessary.

Can’t expect to win games defending like that.

It would have been nice for just once to get a result when our rivals were in a position to drop points.Just once.

RedDevilzFox

This team doesn't need Sancho. To be clear we need a striker, watching Rashford miss chance after chance makes my eyes bleed at this point.
But more importantly, we need to fix whatever defensive funk their is going on. Given up more goals than any other team in top 10. 30 in total to be exact. City have given 13 for comparison.

Heinzesight

Can anyone explain why we don’t pass it out from the back when we need to consume some time. The only time we hoof it consistently from De Gea is in injury time. I just do understand it.

I knew when Tuanzebe would come on it was inviting them on to us when we looked comfortable.

If we were still in with a slight chance of the title...they just spunked it up the wall.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bailly is needed, he is way better than Maguire and Lindelof

Ole has too many favorites and costing us points.

Banana Republic

Sick as a dog.
We pissed that away big time.
Same problem, the forwards and wide players not doing their job and allowed Everton to build from the back and make passes out wide to create an attack.

Irwin99

What the actual f... How?! That was robbery! Jammy as feck Everton

On a positive note that was the best i've seen in terms of movement and possession play for a long time in terms of the midfield and attack.

diarm

For every bit of criticism De Gea, Maguire and Lindelof get (and fully deserve) - Rashford, Fred and Wan-Bissaka deserve just as much for their wastefulness and brainless play when the game should've been dead and buried.

Cavani, Bruno, McTominay and Shaw played well. Greenwood worked hard but his greediness and decision making is appalling.

The rest of them should be docked a week's wages. Amateur hour.

Toad

Every man and his dog was clearly shitting it when Tuanzebe came on. Giving away a very poor free kick only to let it drop to someone feet in the box, seriously?!

TrustInOle

De Gea can feck off. He’s the biggest weak link in our defence.
Im begining to come to the same conclusion. Except for shot stopping, and even that can be in question, he doesn't excel at anything else. He is far too cautious for this level and I believe if we had a more commanding keeper we wouldn't come under half the pressure that results in him making some of his great close range saves.

Fecking fuming right now, minus the 7 minutes after half time when we didn't adjust to their change in formation, we played absolutely brilliant. But wrenching finish.

Edit. Also Axel for the most stupidest of fouls.

MU655

Three attacks, three mistakes, three goals. We were the dominant team today with 63% possession, but you can't have three individual areas. De Gea and Maguire were poor today. Bissaka gave away a silly freekick. Those three arguably cost us.

Shame. It was a good and dominant performance, otherwise.

Andersons Dietician

Felt that we generally played much better than we normally do. Moved the ball about quicker with more purpose and didn’t just resign ourselves to punting it long and hoping something happened. We passed through the lines which was great to see.

Defending at times was terrible and DeGea had a howler for the first goal. On the 3rd, if your going to go go full in. Don’t half commit.
Feel sorry for Tuanzebe as I’m pretty sure some idiots will find away to blame it on him and the abuse he suffered will probably return.

mu4c_20le

feck sake, whats with the site? It was only a draw, I actually expected worse, like getting hit on the counter again at 2-2 and losing.

zizou81

30 seconds left. Ole, tuanzebe and de gea lost us that. Ole shouldnt have made that last sub. Mason was doing well defensively. Absolutely no need to make a sub with that much time left on the clock.

Ole does some naive things just when you think he got smarter.

Unbelievable. Just as bad as a loss this one is.

MrBest

Defence is an actual joke, i really cannot stand Maguire, at fault for both goals. Everton had 7 shots, they scored 3. This is not a one off, we have conceded 30 goals in 23 games. Rashford needs a footballers brain, he makes poor decisions consistently. This is why he will never be a top top player. Simply gutted with this draw, Everton were average at best, we should have won 5 0. 3 stupid goals conceded again. Ole needs to be brave one of maguire or Lindeloff.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Utterly, utterly pathetic.

Pathetic from De Gea gifting them a goal, as our most experienced player and as our goalkeeper he should be inspiring confidence, not weakness. Pathetic from the 2 centre halves

HarryRedCrumbs

Great first half and then folded like a cheap pair of nylon strides. De Gea needs new balls and Maguire should have stayed on the floor.

Piss poor, must try harder.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We’re an exceptionally soft team. Incredibly easy to score against. The goals we give away each week are just ludicrous. And to try and hold onto the lead by playing keep ball the last 15 minutes was ridiculous. It was obvious we’d find some way to gift them a goal. The game was there to kill off and we didn’t have the bottle to keep passing forward. Fuming despite us completely dominating the game and playing very well for most of it.

Betson

Surely any pretense that anyone had that this team can challenge for a title is gone now , mentally far too weak and defenselessly far too shambolic.

If Henderson is not good enough to get a game over DeGea , then he is not good enough to play in the premiership,

Defense is at best mid table quality , big investment needed all round back there.

OrcaFat

Up to about 85 minutes I was thinking we were doing well and winning another tight game. Then the all too common final few minutes where we can’t hold onto the ball. The midfield faded, the CBs had no passes on, we’ve got players trying 40 yard passes. McFred did okay today but where did they go at the end?

Nickosaur

Fecking frustrated. That's really pissed me off.
Meh, we knew it was City's title. I genuinenly think this squad has less problems right now than Liverpool. Just need to iron out some of our defensive feckups and we'll be in a really good place.

future2future

De Gea is done, at fault for the first, could have saved the second and doesn't go for the ball on the third. Also: we NEED a CD with pace

UDontMessWith24

You were the better team over the course of the game and deserved the win. We deserved something for our perseverance and determination to not lose but that's on you completely.
You were played off the pitch for most of the game and every goal you scored was down to school boy Sunday pub league lack of focus by United. That’s before we even get into Rashford not scoring on two 1 on 1s. GTFOH

TsuWave

Leicester
Sheffield United
Everton

criminal results. We are not a serious team

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
the level of pathetic this team can achieve is absolutely baffling.. we actually played pretty well overall but to concede those goals is fecking disgraceful.. Istanbul level of disgraceful.. fecking hell man every set piece we concede is fecking anxiety. I want to have a go at rashford for squandering every chance he has to score but we scored 3!! it shouldve been enough. our defense is fecking pathetic. it has cost us so much this season. this isnt even the first time we've thrown away a game like this in literally the last second. its happened multiple times.

I really was saying on here a few days ago that our forwards need more competition and that's our biggest issue.. what the feck was I thinking? our defense is so error prone is has to be among the worst in europes top leagues. im absolutely furious after this today. its a fecking disgrace.. and today of all days.. i want 2 new cbs and a CDM next summer.. McGuire and lindelof are fecking dogshit and Degea is a fecking princess..

eire-red

Why doesn't De Gear just pump that late free kick into touch in the corner, and pin them in on the throw in. With only seconds to go, why lob it into the middle of the pitch to contest a 50-50?

Sickening to draw a game we largely dominated, but 3 horrible defensive lapses have cost us dearly. Clearly we are not up to a title challenge, these games were the ones we were getting lucky and edging earlier in the season.

City are showing that a title push needs to be built on a rock solid defence. Right now, we're miles off that with our up and down performances at the back.

For me, if we don't give that soft first goal away we likely see that one out. Give Henderson a run of games, what's to lose? DDG is already costing us games.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 321 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Everton
  • 20% Man Utd 3:1 Everton