PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 October 2021

Siorac

Why are we so much worse than last season? And don’t say “manager” because it’s the same bloody manager we had last season.
We aren't worse than last season. It's pretty similar.

tomaldinho1

We seem so different every 45mins. Thought we were doing ok, even started well, 1st half here in contrast to Villarreal. Then we just go and throw away two points. Sickening how regularly we gift teams goals.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
opposite of the villareal game, they didn't create too much but took their chance. after the luck midweek, this was the flip side.
as usual, you can look at ole's early games with an awful squad, and most games this season, and you'd have no idea the squad is 100X better.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Today's match probably tells us everything we need to know about our title credentials. We couldn't get the job done

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Reasonable first half, but with worrying moments. Godawful second half.

How does this team and these players play so poorly? This is definitely a good squad, the best post-Fergie. I'm desperate for Ole to succeed here, but I don't see it happening.

patch1

One point from 2 home games .How long before the idiots in charge realise that the manager is not up to the job.

Sylar

Wait until we play the hard games :(
Wouldnt be surprised if we do better in those.

Im still astonished that we allowed a counter attack at 1-0 up, and with more players, not one player was smart enough to foul their player to stop the counter.

Really disappointing.

Fred has to end that counter attack. Tackle him or foul him, you do what you have to do to stop that counter attack happening.

All over the pitch our player misplaced simple passes throughout the game. non of them have the commitment to go in to tackles and fight for the ball either

As Roy Keane said a long time ago now, you won't win the league with Fred and McTominay in central midfield.

OneUnited24

Says it all really doesn’t it. Our manager is a coward
Always bleeds on about how United are about taking risks and he never takes them. Actually sick of him now … and only recently did i start to be ole out

koop

Fred.

Literally every feckin game. Guy can barely pass, barely control the ball and cannot even defend. WHY IS HE BEING PLAYED
Sancho needs to start regularly for us, with game time he will become one of our best players.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
So what would have happened if they actually would play with their first eleven?

georgieboiii

Can't wait to see this lot go on twitter "We go again :muscle_emoji:". So pathetic.

brian017

Ole’s behaviour moments before the FT whistle was disgusting, not something I want from an United manager. I think it’s finally time to go

suheilsworld

I’m all aboard #oleout
Enough is enough. This is appalling.
With that squad and attacking prowess, our football should be much much better.
Get zidane please

Krits

There is a clear lack of structure in our play on and off the ball. There was a player who could have (I think it was Shaw) kept Townsend in check. We had the players to cover the other two Everton attackers. But everyone just got sucked to the ball. Very school boy defending that. It isn’t the only time that it’s happened. We actually looked good up until their goal. I thought it was going to be an easy win actually. After the goal we just lost the plot

El Jefe

I'm firmly Ole out but its difficult to directly blame him for today's result unless you want to talk about the starting lineup. In the end though, it all comes back to him not getting the most out of this squad.

Everton are a good side under Rafa and I see them taking a few more points off the top teams.

RedGib

Another goal against from our set play/corner…it’s so weak from us, 1-0 HT, get the defence and centre mids tight and let the abundance of attacking players work it out up front, no need to keep chucking players past the ball…clueless management at times….happens far too often.

prateik

At what point do we stop caring?
I understand we cant play just 1 midfielder with Bruno and Pogba.. it doesnt work. It wont work.
Try Matic .. or VdB.. if they arent good enough, McFred will have to do.. there is no option.

its the front 4 I have an issue with.. Not doing anywhere near enough.

croadyman

Failure to defend a tight lead is going to kill us this season, you just knew that a single goal wasn't going to be enough against them. Bloody Villa scored three against them and took the game away which we should being too.

Ixion

It's crazy to think we didn't deserve to win that Villarreal game they should have been out of sight and Everton's disallowed goal today we could have lost 4 in a row.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We know what must be done but we're not Chelsea...

Jibbs

And the shite show continues... with no end in sight.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It's our midfield that's the problem. I like Sancho but we should have instead invested that money in a DM. It was always the big issue for us. Anyway, we can't do anything about it now.

steffyr2

What was our formation after Pogba came on? Seems like the defense fell apart (more than usual) and Greenwood disappeared.
Outside backs should consider their defensive duties more -- they're always running forward with the ball going backwards.
Also, why can't we do a corner kick that goes to where Ronaldo and Pogba are standing?
Pogba looked up for it -- beautiful pass, nice shot, close on the header.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'm firmly Ole out but its difficult to directly blame him for today's result unless you want to talk about the starting lineup. In the end though, it all comes back to him not getting the most out of this squad.

Everton are a good side under Rafa and I see them taking a few more points off the top teams.
Him bringing Pogba on was his fault. We needed to get a hold of the midfield, not pile everybody forward. We had enough attacking players on already.

eire-red

There's no possible way someone else couldn't get more out of this squad. Ole has nothing to hide behind now.

Asger

Once again AWB, McTom and Fred prove to use they are not more than just squad players. Terrible to have few passengers every match! They will most likely cost Ole his job.

BuzzKillington

Why are we so much worse than last season? And don’t say “manager” because it’s the same bloody manager we had last season.
Are we really worse? We had periods like this last season, the problem is we wanted less of that this year and that is the progression we wanted to see.

I’m sure we’ll find our feet again at some point soon, but if we keep putting in lengthy fallow periods like we’re in at the moment, we’ll end up no better than last year. With our current squad I really want to see more.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Old Trafford is up for graps for every team out there.

leontas

It’s clear that Ole doesn’t know how to use this squad properly and also didn’t push for the right reinforcements over the summer.

Fred with another terrible mistake that led to their goal. How did Ole not prioritise a defensive mid signing? It’s clear that’s our biggest weakness right now and will keep us from achieving anything this season. Teams can transition so quickly through our midfield into dangerous positions, it’s not even funny.

Ronaldo up top reduces our mobility and effectiveness against teams that sit back, why was he subbed on so early?

We looked so clueless in creating open spaces and chances in the second half, which given our attacking players, its inexcusable.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 288 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:0 Everton
  • 21% Man Utd 2:1 Everton