g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 08 April 2023

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Good team performance today. Think Bruno, AWB and Sabitzer were all very consistent and all 8 out of 10 performances for me.
Goodness. Is that the first positive post about AWB.
He may not be brilliant. But he is not quite as bad as some make out.....in my opinion of course.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He may not be brilliant. But he is not quite as bad as some make out.....in my opinion of course.
Just thought he was pretty solid today. What I liked about todays performance was, he seemed to be integrated into the attacking phase moreso than in other games.

Wing Attack Plan R

Really enjoyable match. I love this team. Everton didn't offer much in the first half so it was fun watching us create chance after chance.

Everyone played well today. In addition to the usual suspects, I have to say Maguire played very well too. I think he had one pass go astray, other than that he was rock solid and made some very good long passes, did everything asked of him.

Great to see Martial back in the side and to mark his return with a goal. Now Weghorst will be used as intended, as a 10-15 minute player that gives defenders nightmares. When Weghorst charged down Pickford and gave him a barge, it was a thing of beauty.

Also really stoked to have Eriksen back. He made a handful of clever plays that looked nearly effortless. He's such a smart player, always looking for that surprise pass that leads to a chance.

Great game all around.

Lost bear

I thought AWB was brilliant, actually- today at least. He has really benefited from Erik’s coaching and is becoming quite a classy player. His confidence seems to have grown enormously.

BorisManUtd

Didn't watch the game but great to see we won it comfortably + with a clean sheet. 6 out of 9 points vs Newcastle/Brentford/Everton, especially as we beat Newcastle in a cup final so can't complain much about losing to them now.

There's still so much to go in top 4 race but last two results give us some confidence.

68cob

I was happy to see Harry actually passing the ball forward most of the time today. That Leeds game was excruciating with him pottering about with it and passing to the sides.

wangyu

Easiest game of the season. We’re ready for the last run, hopefully it’ll lead to more silverware this season, it is looking good.

BorisManUtd

Also - our 17th win of the season in 29 PL games. Had 16 wins in 38 games last season.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
11 shots to 1 to us today. A great 3 pts and a nice performance to boot.
Yeah Rashford’s injury is a worry but on the flip side getting Casemiro and Eriksen and Martial back is good news.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Watching it live, hugely impressed with Antony's workrate, he was non-stop. Everyone good today, it was such an enjoyable watch. Harry literally didn't put a foot wrong, AWB superb, Sabitzer excellent, McT, I mean everybody brought something to the party. Tony and Erikson in 2nd half, Casemiro back next game, Garnacho on the way, Varane rested today.....feeling pretty good about the next few weeks. Rashford the only possible downside. Injury apart, the dreaded 'body language ' was poor throughout out, back in that miserable, slow motion mode. I didn't enjoy watching him. Hard to keep the smiles going indefinitely, sure, but didn't look.like a man enjoying himself today.

Alek M

Da manic one
Just watched the game Antony needs benching. How many one on one chances do you need. Why aren’t you running at defenders. Why aren’t you passing. FFS.

Maguire was excellent
Sancho was decent
Bruno masterclass
AWB. How do you miss that. Should have been 5-0

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Just watched the game Antony needs benching. How many one on one chances do you need. Why aren’t you running at defenders. Why aren’t you passing. FFS.

Maguire was excellent
Sancho was decent
Bruno masterclass
Benching for who exactly?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Maguire was excellent
Sancho was decent
Bruno masterclass
Absolutely. Get Elanga in there. He'll finish those chances. Or Weghorst. Pellestri? I thought he was fantastic today. It's not like we're a squad of clinical finishers at the moment. And you don't get yhe package you got from him today from anyone else.

Wing Attack Plan R

I thought AWB was brilliant, actually- today at least. He has really benefited from Erik’s coaching and is becoming quite a classy player. His confidence seems to have grown enormously.
Agree, he was excellent. There was a moment where he was carrying the ball and got challenged, he dinked the ball behind his back like a Cruyff turn, and left the defender for dead. He was about as carefree today as it's possible to be in a professional match. I'm preferring him to Dalot.

adamwest

Couldn’t agree more. Looks absolutely transformed on the ball and in his decision making.

AndyMUFC

Played well. Everton were woeful but the first half was terrific when you consider not having Casemiro and Eriksen and as great as it is to have them back, it was still a good sign to be us be so dominant without them. Bruno showed he has adapted well to playing deeper and him and AWB were the standouts I think.

Lost bear

Agree, he was excellent. There was a moment where he was carrying the ball and got challenged, he dinked the ball behind his back like a Cruyff turn, and left the defender for dead. He was about as carefree today as it's possible to be in a professional match. I'm preferring him to Dalot.
Yes, me too.

Blood Mage

Sabitzer at 10 and Bruno deeper has been quite transformative in these last two games, let's see if it continues.

Oscar Bonavena

Credit where due, Maguire was good today, but I wouldn't go overboard about his performance. Everton are woefully short of a decent centre forward in the absence of Calvert Lewin, it was probably the easiest game he could have hoped for!

Chief123

Our xG was higher than Liverpools when they beat us 7-0. It just shows how poor our finishing was and how freakish the Liverpool result was.

croadyman

Positives

Win
Eriksen back
Dominant performance

Negatives

Rashford injury
Should have been 4/5 nil up at HT

justsomebloke

Both FBs very good today, and the attackers too, especially Bruno and Antony. Goal aside, McTominay on the other hand did not play well in my view. Maguire the best he's been in a long while. And superb cameos by Martial and Eriksen.

croadyman

No doubt we were so wasteful in that first half. City or Arsenal would easily have put 6 past them playing like that without doubt

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
far be it from me ( a failed footballer nowhere near the lowest rungs of football) but what is Wout? Ive seen faster forwards in lower League football. Sorry, to rubbish a professional footballer but he is just not anywhere near the class of player we need.

justsomebloke

Sabitzer was class. Hope we can keep him for a reasonable price. Really enjoy watching him play.
I just don't see it. He's not bad, but he doesn't really make much of an imprint. Also, his best role - a high midfielder who isn't really a playmaker - is one we don't have.

ColvaleGoa

I hope we don't sell AwB. He is really a different sort of RB. Just wish he could cut out the occasional brainfarts!

Was a excellent all-round performance yesterday. A few more goals would have been the icing on the cake.

Maticmaker

According to MOTD stats, United created a record number of chances in the game but missed out on all but two... nevertheless a good performance all around.

AwB like a new man at times, looking better every match... so too Marcel Sabitzer

Going beyond the first man in the opponents box has worked for McT, yet again, just wish he would try it more often.

Even Sancho looked as though he wanted to join in... at last.

For me though the highlight was Eriksen's return... almost his first ball was a delightful 'around the corner ball' played for Bruno on the edge of the Everton box, had he scored, then what an assist!

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Man Utd 2:0 Everton
  • 18% Man Utd 3:0 Everton