PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 08 April 2023

Rustyspider13

A near flawless performance. Everton made it easy, but we've struggled against poor teams in previous seasons. This game and the Brentford one showed how good we can be, even while missing key players-that is down to the coaches and the players executing their instructions, very well done.

Only negative is Rashford's injury. Hope he doesn't miss too many games. I have faith that EtH will find another solution to add to the many he has found already.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm most impressed with their reaction to this game. Lots of pressure on us at this point in the season, where in previous years we would have shat the bed. Today they made it look easy.

Telsim

Easy. Should have won by a lot more. We are fecked without Rashford, though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great performance where every player was at least a 7. Excellent stuff, although finishing a worry tbh. We have such terrible goal difference and we did way more than we should have had to do to win a game 2-0 today.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
A very good performance all-told against poor opposition. The finishing was a disappointment but this type of positive dominant performance looked beyond us recently, so you have to be pleased.

Rashy had better not be seriously injured.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Everton have been pointless for a couple of years now. I'd like to see them go down.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Comfortable win for your lads against a desperately poor Everton side. Thought Martial looked okay after coming on for you. Probably should’ve been 3-4 ahead at half time, but the game was always in your complete control.

Thought you played some nice stuff overall and Everton were never really in the game at all.

The toffees look in real trouble.

Superunknown

First half performance was outstanding. The only let-down in that half was that we didn't score more. Still need to be so much more clinical with the finishing. Overall, we played very well and 2-0 doesn't do us justice at all. Everton are so lucky that Pickford was on form today.

The obvious downside in this game is the injury to Rashford. Hopefully it's very, very minor and he's ok.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Maguire and SMT were really good today. I've given them a lot of shite on this forum so credit where its due. Maguire giving flawless crosspasses gave me a chuckle. Looking like Rooney out there.

I'm absolutely baffled at the fact that Everton play such a high line though. That's suicide. Should have been 5 or 6 today but alas. Great performance and very enjoyable to watch.

always_hoping

Very comfortable win against an Everton side who was the worst team United have played in Old Trafford this season. Really should have been a 4 or 5-0 win, Pickford praised on BT Sports but in reality it was poor finishing than good goalkeeping for the the 11 shots on target.

Attention/focus on that Rashford injury now. Fingers crossed for nothing serious. 4th still needs to be secured and big cup games coming up, can't afford to be without your top scorer.

LARulz

Good performance but Rashford going off has me concerned

Dempsey19

Everyone was good. 3 points and a clean sheet. We should have score a shit tonne more though.

Hope Rashfords injury isn't bad.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Really good performance. Needed to win these last two games and we did.

Shame about Rash and hope the injury's not too bad...

I suppose we'll have a front three of Jadon, Martial and Antony until Rash is back.

Really happy with the 3 points!

RoyKeaneReborn

AWB really doesn't have a left foot. I was appalled how he missed that open goal in the first half. Thank God it didn't cost us.

Eriksen's recovery is amazing. Just saw him limping not too long ago with crutches at the OT carpark, haha.

If Everton continues to play like this, reckon they are doomed for relegation.

lex talionis

Everyone pulled their socks up today. The finishing could have been better, but the result was never in doubt.

All I ask is for results to never be in doubt.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Old school comfortable home win that one. Should have been much more flattering numbers wise.

Obvious hope that Rashy has just tightened up rather than a strain. 6 more games in April though means he could easily miss a few games even if not that bad.

Thankfully we have Casemiro and Eriksen back for more options, plus Martial back on the goal trail.

Get In Scholesy

Great game, looked totally in control throughout the match. Our finishing has been discussed ad nauseam but 2-0 flattered Everton.
A little breathing room for the top 4 race, which as we have some games in the cups coming up.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Top 3/4 looks very realistic at this point.
Very possible on that performance, depending on Rashford’s fitness. Everton were shockingly bad, but you lot bossed the game, which is all anyone can do in a match like that.

Abhinav

Great win and amazing performance. Need to find a way to be more clinical and make it easy for ourselves.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Nice to see us back playing some decent football.

The performances were worrying me more than the results the last few weeks so nice to put a good performance in.

Casemiro and Eriksen both being back will be huge, hopefully Rashford isn't out for too long

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The best I've seen United play in quite a few weeks, controlled virtually all the game, just the first 10-15 minutes of the second half where Everton got some joy, but a lot of that was from our misplaced passes and general sloppiness.
Yes, we should have put several of those chances away, but we are creating them.
Rashford injury a worry, but a little better from Sancho and Antony.
Martial another 30 minutes, and looked quite sharp, took his goal well, Eriksen got some minutes, and Casemiro will be back.
Both Fernandes and Sabitzer looked at ease in their positions, McTominay was looking for the ball a lot, took his goal really well.
Just realised that there wasn't a booking in the whole match, so well done referee, thought he had a decent game, despite his allegiance with another prem team.

Last edited:

Djemba-Djemba

Played really well.

Should have been 5 or 6 nil really.

Should have known Rashford would get hurt right as Martial Eriksen and Casemiro return , hopefully it's not too bad.

Good day overall

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Great first half, decent result.

Big downer with Rashford out though. I was eager to finally see (what I consider EtH to think is) our starting full-strength 11 and we may not see it this season now, unless we make another cup final.

united for life

Everton really looks like a championship team. No quality at all. Could’ve been more

DavelinaJolie

Only heard the game but sounds like they took advantage of Godfrey in the first half.

Al-T

Job done. Nail in the Everton coffin. Hope Rashford injury not serious. Need Martial to stay fit for a few weeks now.

siw2007

Very good team performance that was only really let down by some poor finishing in the 1st half. For large periods we battered them and 2 0 flatters them.

It’s a groin strain for Rashford, I’m expecting bad news on that front.

DanielofLeyland

We played well and should have had more. Sabitzer impressed and we controlled the game for the most part. I still feel we need to be a bit more clever and see games out. I don't know why we tried to play Rashford in on the 78th min when 2-0 up to try for another (which led to an injury) when we could have played it into space on the left and run the clock down. It's more entertaining to always go for more but eating up the clock is a better tactical decision. A positive result and game of course, just think we can work on that aspect.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Man Utd 2:0 Everton
  • 18% Man Utd 3:0 Everton