PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 March 2024

croadyman

Yes I know most of their shots weren't threatening,however Rooney is right we can't keep giving the opposition so many chances. We will get proper punished by the scousers next Sunday because they have ruthless finishers.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
The moaning is getting tedious its all about fecking winning matches with our makeshift defence and lack of any STRIKERS if the performances are crap when we have our best 11 out then fair enough but we got the job done today enough of the fecking moaning.
100%. The Caf these days is not fun to read, especially on match day. Moaning and clearly clueless mixed with obvious trolling - still the odd good post, or genuine contribution though

Maticmaker

Obviously the story was about Everton shooting themselves in the foot with two 'stone-wall' penalties, but I thought we deserved a better summation from the Everton 'love-in-trio' on MOTD... two Everton-x's and a rabid Arsenal fan, come on what sort of balance was that?

Moan over... Garnacho was definitely man of the match his exhilarating runs at the Everton defence throughout the game, caught the eye and of course brought the penalties. It took us up to the first pen to get in the game at all and it was only in the second half when we started to look half convincing. I thought Amrabat looked good when he came on, Bruno had a few decent plays, but twice as many bad ones, Dalot is getting there and there is still life in Evans old legs (thank goodness!).
Marcus got his goal and the relief on his face said everything, but he's nowhere near his old self.

Complete a Merseyside double at OT this weekend ???? :rolleyes:

lex talionis

Everton outplayed us but the two pens were stonewall.

Our chance creation remains poor but Everton don’t have a single clear cut chance. There were bits and pieces of daylight but also darkness. The players are just going through the motions now to end this forgettable season. It’s ok to moan about performances like what we saw yesterday but in truth it’s in line with what we’ve seen most of the season…scraping by inferior sides.

The real work of the club right now is getting management in order for next season.

BorisManUtd

Couldn't watch the game yesterday so last night watched the replay. Not bad, certainly better than against Fulham. We'd probably score 1-2 without penalties but Tarkowski and Godfrey made it much, much easier for us. 2 stonewall penalties and between those 2 there could've been another perhaps when the ball hit Mykolenko's hand (1st time). Overall it was mgood enough but think same problems showed yet again with opposition creating chances and having lots of shots against us + inability to control games, so nothing new there.

Garnacho of course MotM and (like many by now) I like him more on right flank. Onana was also good again.

One game before International break and that's Liverpool in the Fa Cup. We've had some terrible defeats against them in recent years so I'm not confident.

DSG

What a win, what a performance! Very difficult to win the possession battle against against a Pep Guardiola protege like Sean Dyche. We just shaded it, 51% to 49%. As you would expect from a well drilled possession based side, Everton had slightly better pass completion percentage, 84% to 81%, but again, even though we were at home, it’s hard to expect superiority in that area when Everton fields PL legends like Harrison, Onana, McNeil and Garner.

Very impressed in the way we broke their excellent high press. Brilliant performance by Casemiro, sort of a Pirlo-like spraying the ball around the field, finding the open man. I don’t think we had a single mistake as a unit when playing out of the back. Excellent preparation by Ten Hag. Since we rarely play teams that employ a high press, kudos to Ten Hag and the stafffor their tactical prep.

The finishing! Fantastic! Bruno on another level. I don’t know what the boys are doing in training, but whatever it is, keep doing it. Offensively firing on all cylinders for sure.

Stig

Watching Liverpool v City makes us look like Hartlepool United on a poor day, when they've stopped trying.

Man of the Match

Alejandro Garnacho image Alejandro Garnacho 67% of 205 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 188 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw