CL W Champions League Group A

Manchester United 1:0 FC Copenhagen

Post-match discussion

Tue, 24 October 2023

Tiber

Nice ending but watching us play just feels like a chore

Flying_Heckfish

Absolutely dreadful again, so many basic errors from our forwards and schoolboy defending at times.

But we won, and Onana got his moment (well two really). Could be a springboard but with the next two games it's gonna be difficult to achieve that. Fingers crossed eh.

Nico87

Poor performance but the elation of that ending needs to be used as trigger to kickstart out season.

Quinze

Important win, but that's another goal from a defender. Our front 3 (and their subs) are terrible.

Eriksen is a very important super sub.

Ibrahimorich

That was dire. We've really struggled against bottom tier opposition in our last 2 games. That last ditch win before the international break seems to have changed nothing.

We have bursts of good play but terrible decisions, poor touches and general bungling really costs us.

jadaba

Difficult to enjoy the performance but I'm absolutely delighted for Onana and Maguire on a personal level. They both needed a moment of heroism, I hope it works to boost their confidence and impact their play positively, as opposed to paving the way for any sense of complacency to kick in.

Superunknown

First half was trash. Second half was more fun to watch and we seemed to find more space and created more. Eriksen made a huge difference. The shite finishing is a huge concern.

Amazing penalty save in the last kick of the game and a winner from Slabhead. Let's feckin' gooooo.

Todd

Wow, just wow.

Hope Onana's confidence is flying high with that.

Overall pretty poor, but much better in the second half. Eriksen made an enormous difference.

A win in the return match now and we're right back in this thing.

AnotherLondonManc

Statistically, it's not impossible that we're this lucky in every remaining game this season and win the quadruple :devil:

CloneMC16

Awful, but I'm so happy for Maguire and Onana for winning us the game. Those lads needed that badly.

fallengt

Our attackers are really something else :houllier:
Both Harry and Onana stepped up. Weird but fair and thanks feck for that. They deserve the praise when perform well

Dannn411

Just happy to win. But my word are we bad. And the manager is too chicken to make the necessary decisions.

Delano

That penalty man. Jesus Christ what a soft penalty.

Aside from that... we are atrocious in the final third. Our final ball, touch and shot are all severely lacking.

Bailed out by a defender scoring again.

Gaidal

Absolut wank first half, decent second half, our forwards are dreadful at the moment though. We need to start playing a midfield that can both win balls and pass, which means not playing Mctominay (or Case). Eriksen can pass good enough that we must play him even though he cant defend, Amrabat can do both although not at any super high level.

Hope the ref gets syphilis, absolutely shit or bought. Höjlund gets pulled back and then tackled in the back and no pen but they get a pen for mctominay having a foot close to copenhagens arm

sirAlexsglasses

First half was shocking, second, after the first five mins we massively improved, and fair play to slabhead and Onana, they have taken some stick and gotten on with it. I hope Harry keeps this up I really do, I always want to see the players doing well rather than be on their case. And WTAF was up with that crooked bent ref, was he deliberately looking for any way to go against us. Shocking refereeing.

RedIan

First half abysmal again.. Without Erikson in midfield we are just piss poor. He made the difference coming on for the 2nd game running.
That penalty save will do Onana the world of good.
Rashford and Anthony awful.

hobbers

Another awful performance but at least a confidence boost for Onana.

Maguire and Varane were decent and Eriksen reminded everyone why it's good to have footballers who can trap and pass a ball on the pitch.

RuudTom83

Happy for Maguire and Onana

But the rest of them are fecking annoying (Varane and Eriksen did ok as well so they get a pass tonight) but feck me that first half was vomit.

Some of them need to wake the feck up.

DavidDeSchmikes

Onana, Maguire and Eriksen come out with credit
The rest not so much, massive improvements needed

Nice adrenaline rush with that Onana save, those are the moments that make football great

Samoerai Jack

During the first half I felt like watching Ajax before ETH. Pointless possession football against European minnows that would usually end 0-1 after a scuffed counter attack. The second half is what I'm supporting United for. Attacking football. Taking risks. Easy to see that not only the fans are yearning for this. Let's give up on possession football. Leave it to Pep, leave it to Ajax. Let's actually play transition football, because we're (potentially) the best at that.

You have to respect Maguire. He wanted to play at United and he wanted to play it like this. Win the ball halfway up the pitch to win a corner you head between the sticks yourself. That's how it's done.

Don't ever look back again.

sparx99

Can we put all of our forwards on a finishing programme?

They show zero composure and zero improvement. Bruno smashed everything. Antony tries low % curlers from 25yds, Garnacho trips over his own feet and Rashford just drills it into shins. What do they even work on?

Zed is not dead

It was a pretty balanced game To be fair. Not exciting or anything but not a shite performance at all.

Before their penalty we had the most clear cut chances but failed to capitalize (for a change)

Cantona in disguise

They need to find a way to reverse eriksens ageing process. He is the only one in there with some football intelligence.

Bobski

4-1-------------------4-1 has to die, killing the teams ability to gain fluency and confidence.

If Ten Hag doesn't see this he will be gone.

kaku06

This club is not normal. Never normal. I hate it and I love it. I don’t know what I want anymore.

Man of the Match

Andre Onana image Andre Onana 57% of 311 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 279 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • FC Copenhagen win
  • Draw