CL L Champions League Group A

FC Copenhagen 4:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 08 November 2023

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
We sure know how to ruin it for ourselves. I'm not sold on ten Hag but how the feck is he supposed to account for his players fecking up so regularly?

Barthez

Ironically if we win against Galatasary it’ll probably be back in our hands to finish second despite 3 defeats out of 4

stubie

Bye Erik Ten Boer

take the other useless pr clowns with you

Jack-C20

Getting bored of saying it now, must be amazing to be an opposition fan. Sitting there watching us just knowing that somehow, someway, we’ll find a way to feck it up.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Pre rashford getting sent off it was our best performance this season. Red card changed everything.

Having said that we should have held on after brunos penalty.

Zen

Not a red. Not a pen. Not a pen.

Trying to play out of the back when 3 of your 4 are AWB, Maguire and Varane is a bit insane though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Sick of these refs. In almost every single game we have dropped points in this season we have had at least one huge decision go against us. Spurs, Arsenal, City, Bayern, Copenhagen. Ridiculous calls game after game. We’ve conceded a penalty in every CL game this season and bar the Casemiro one against Gala, all of them have been questionable at best.
Brighton, palace…

BootsyCollins

I dont know anymore. When alot of players that are way better than this, keeps performing badly, who has the blame?
Of its two or three players, than its ok them. But its the whole team, minus maybe a player or two, every match.

Feck off going to work tomorrow.

Heinzesight

The game is bent.

Yeah we fecked it. AWB, Varane and Dalot all shat the bed but if we had competent officials, we would not have been in that position.

We were coasting to a win. I suppose it gives the Ten Hag out crew some ammunition.

Why no long check for their pen or the potential offside for their first. Rashford never a red but they were dying to give it. The ref was looking right at it from 4 yards away too.

frostbite

In the first 20 minutes, we had a plan and we were 2 goals up against an inferior team. Then the red card happened and we became a mess. Some fans will blame the officials, but in my opinion that's on ETH. If plan A does not work, or if there is some unexpected obstacle like the red card, our players look completely lost. Our players are trying, but they don't know what to do. No shape, no plan, no purpose. This is not on the players, it is on the manager.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
To put it simply, we should not be conceding 4 goals against fecking Copenhagen regardless of the situation. What is wrong with these players?

Chairman Steve

Remember that episode of The Simpsons where all the kids turn off Itchy and Scratchy in disgust and indifference because they got rid of violence, then go outside and do other things blissfully?

I‘m at that stage now

MonkeysMagic

I literally cannot think of a worse team with game management as bad as ours. Virtually every game we have scored in, we look shot to pieces before we concede.

I dont know where we go from here...

wolvored

The 2 pens were a joke. Rashford laughing after rightly getting sent off should be a £1 mill fine by the club. We deserve what we got.

Orange Tree

Shit refereeing, shit game management, Dalot needs to be booted out of the club.

ti vu

Hojlund scored again in CL, and somehow we conceded a ton and lost again. Not sure whether we want him to keep scoring or not the next game :wenger:

Get In Scholesy

This is a nothing side and they deserve this result.
2-0 up even with 10 men against teams like this should be manageable, especially until half time… but we capitulated before the half.
Up 3-2 with less than 20 min to go, the game should be manageable, but we lose 3-4.

Yes the referee and the VAR played a massive part, but as did this team’s own negligence.

Wherever we find ourselves after match day 6 will be entirely deserved.

Kinky Melinky

Weird game because I thought that for large parts of the game we played very well. We controlled possession and the tempo. Obviously the red card changed everything, but you could see at the start of the 2nd half we were back in control. Our issue comes from moments of total and utter madness at the back. Calamitous is the only word I can think of. It must be so frustrating for the players who are really trying hard, because you could see the players out there busting a gut and trying to make something of the game. A hugely frustrating result from an even more frustrating team.

fps

I still think Ten Hag is the guy. Entertaining match.

Swearing Budgie

I didn’t watch it, which is a fantastic result on a personal level. Expected a loss anyway.

Manny

Grammar Police
Played well in spells but VAR ultimately fecked us as well as Dalot going to sleep at the back post.

siw2007

Gutted, we played so hard to get back into this competition last year that it is so disappointing to see our chances of getting to knock outs fade away. It’s never easy playing with 10, especially away from home but I’d have hoped that we could have rallied and stuck in there to see this game out, so it’s disappointing to see the team fall away.

A very tough and key game away to Galatasary now, I don’t fancy our chances though.

Dr. T

Some absolutely ridiculous decisions in my opinion and we are not getting the rub of the green with refs, but of course we lack the mentality to get over it and once again we concede goals in clusters, one after the other.

The mentality of this team is rotten.

RedDevilRoshi

Even at 2-0 inside the opening half an hour & comfortably cruising, it just seemed far too good to be true it will play out like this for the remainder of the game, to give us all a stress-free evening, which is exactly how it turned out. Pretty much shows how much confidence & belief I have in this lot.

At this rate, I’d rather lose to Galatasaray and be knocked out of Europe completely. Just to spare us from getting absolutely embarrassed by someone like Real Madrid in the knockout rounds or by Liverpool in the EL.

Earth Wind and McGuire

Thought AWB and Rasmus had a really good game. Wouldn’t put any blame on Onana either, decent performance from him. Just looking to find positives.

Jev

We played pretty well before VAR decided to ruin yet another game. No reason to get too hysterical about ETH and the team today, it was mainly just a very weird game, or it became one due to the catastrophe that is VAR.

Pughnichi

It’s like they take it in turns to be s h i t

Hojlund looking better. Maguire steps it up a level. AWB comes back in and does reasonably well. Garnacho looking better the last couple of games…as is Bruno.

but then Dalot, Varane, Amrabat become absolute liabilities.

and when Dalot, Varane and Amrabat up their game…you can almost call it that the form of 4 players around them will be in the floor.

Zed is not dead

I have a really hard time blaming the players or the coach for tonight.

What else are we supposed to do when we’re cruising the game before the refs decide to :
- give a harsh Red that’s more often than not only a yellow
- allow a goal where an offside player is literally standing in front of the keeper
- subsequently gives a pen for a shite handball (as shite as the pen we got)
- not giving a second yellow to a Copenhagen defender for a clear elbow to the face of Hojlund

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 215 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • FC Copenhagen win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% FC Copenhagen 1:2 Man Utd
  • 18% FC Copenhagen 0:1 Man Utd