EL W Europa League Group A

Manchester United 1:0 FC Zorya Luhansk

Post-match discussion

Thu, 29 September 2016

George Beast

Anything other than a win would have been a disaster leaving us having to win every game here on out. We get some breathing space and can rest players for the game against Fernebache, which comes between Pool and Chelsea. That's all that matters really.

PvsNP

Please no more Pogba-Fellaini in a 2 man midfield.

Denis79

We knew they would park the bus. Odd we chose to keep our fullbacks so low when we beeded with to break up their defence. Worked out well in the end though. Pogba played well, Fellaini was really poor tonight

Bwuk

As I've said in another thread, without Blind and Herrera we don't have players to keep the ball moving from deep, everyone else takes too long and let's teams regain shape.

Blind, Herrera and Mata are all must starts, along with Pogba and Zlatan.

donkeyfish

Exactly like it should be. All teams play bad matches, the trick is to win despite a terrible performance.

Ibra looked our best I think, he´s able to create a lot when he drops a bit deeper. Hope we continue trying that approach.

Job well done

Ivor Ballokov

Miserable performance. Fellaini stifles us in possession and against a team like... I've already forgotten who they are, we don't need his defensive qualities, in fact with the size we now have in the team it's hard to push for him to play at all.

SirScholes

Glad someone agrees with my assessment of Pogba. I got slated in the match thread, but I expected so much more from Pogba. Was alongside Fellaini as one of our worst today.
Pogba was shit today, passing poor lost the ball when 1v1.
Lingard is just not a good player and Fellini well, he couldn't even head the ball today.
Shit game

Utdstar01

Awful viewing. The back 4 had no protection either so it's a good job their team was terrible. Fellaini was utter shit, we didn't really have a midfield tbh. Smalling was decent along with Mata and we offered nothing really through the Centre once he was subbed.

AkaAkuma&

Mehh, that's all i can say. we did get the all important 3 points. But the football on display was bad and boring, felt like Lvg was back.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Fellaini is like a dementor who sucks all the life and joy from the game. Of course, he isn't single-handedly responsible for our disappointing game, but he is incredibly slow, passive, unskillful and he can't even open up for a pass when a defender is looking to move the ball forward - and you don't need to understand the game like Cruyff to do that.

Players didn't really care about the game, apart from Rashford (wasteful, but how much ground did he cover this evening?!), Bailly, Romero and Ibra. Some nice passes from Pogba, but he is wasted in the midfield two (surprise!), especially when his partner isn't able to pass forward.

Rooney's assist :lol:

Coops73

feck me that was hard work, made harder by the lack of alcohol.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Mission accomplished, painful three points but always pleasure to see Zlatan scoring from weird situations and Mensah doing great with Rashford, giving so much needed energy to this team.

Ban

Morgan should really play from now on in games like this. He can't be any worse than Fellaini was today.

notcool

Supports
a
I know most people don't care I really don't care.

ants7

Job done but my eyes are bleeding from watching this. We're not good in this competition at all.

My only hope is that we played like that intentionally to get the result with minimum expense.

Midfield was dreadful. Pogba-Fella combination doesn't seem to come off at all.

At the end, 3 points. Good night.

Ibi Dreams

It really wasn't that bad. We made some decent chances and openings, and on other days we'd probably have scored more and won more comfortably. They never really threatened and I always thought we'd get at least one goal to win it, which I don't always think when watching us

Ban

Call me crazy but I don't think Lingard was that bad. Certainly not worse than the other players.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its a pretty standard performance considering the team we had out. Like, sure there were some quality players, but when Fellaini is playing as the controlling midfielder and our fullbacks (which is the main width under mourinho) are 2 center backs with rojo and Fosu mensah, what do people expect? Im never too bothered with these games as its the europa league only, so I hope Mourinho only does this shit in this and efl cup, but in the premier league, rooney and fellaini just cant play, and our full backs have to be more attack minded or simply be able to contribute.

Moonred

Some absolute below average performances from Fellaini, Rojo, Lingard. Rooney is laughable. Pogba has class but the whole team is sloppy many times including him. That was supposedly the easiest game of the group stages and we managed to bore the world into some kind of a win. A win is a win but these should be few and far far between.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 458 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Zorya win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 37% Man Utd 3:0 Zorya
  • 20% Man Utd 2:0 Zorya